Derper

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Why does Poet not attend church? Excellent question. I would sure like to know that myself. Are there any denominations he flatly denounces?

Also, is it possible he's been asked to leave a church in Huntington? I know that there are a few churches that have definitely done that with members who are just flat out of control.

I'm very curious, and hope he'll answer.
Derper

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Also, if I may add...in my own personal opinion, one of the devil's favorite playgrounds is a religious argument. I think it says something about the devil quoting scripture in the bible, doesn't it? I believe Jesus also told his disciples to go and preach the word and if a community simply refused to listen, to "shake the dust from their shoes" and move on. I don't think it does any good to throw seed on stone.
tittts mcgee

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

come on wrote:
<quoted text>No, honey, please, calm yourself. Please. I have posted to you under the names "come on" and "red pen". My message is about love. Your messages are about hate. I am a Christian, I go to church three times a week with my daughters, and help with our church camp and youth groups. The only reason I mention this, Papaw, is because you called me a Christian-hater. Sure, I was wrong in poking fun at you about your grammar (which, you have to admit, is regularly butchered) and I will apologize for that. But this hate. Man, you are the worst example of a Christian that I have ever encountered. It's sad that all decency goes out the window with anonymity. I'm guilty of that, as well. But I've been a hell of a lot more respective than you have. Your blather is nonsense, man,

3 - 11 is a good shift. You can sleep all day, go to work in the evenings and troll topix at night. It's working for you.

And I'm a chick. A heterosexual, liberal, Christian mother of 4. It would break my heart if one of my children viewed Christianity as you do. My offer still stands to help you find some outside activities.

I will ask you one question. Why do you not attend church but claim to be the Huntington, WV go-to authority on The Bible and God?
Cause 90% of people only go to be social and portray their Christianity.
If you we're as big of a Christian as you like to claim you are, you would not: A. Be on topix to begin with.
and B. judging others on here, cause there is only one judge.
So go back to being a typical hypocrite church going Christian.
Nice Person

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence God exists. One's religion is dependent upon their geography, upbringing, and culture.
The Bible was written by human beings. The Bible is not a moral, general, or intellectual authority.
The Bible explicitly advocates the subjugation of women. I am feminist.
The Bible glorifies passivity, submission, nihilism, and intellectual and metaphysical slavery. I am a freethinker and a humanist. That is unacceptable. I refuse to become a submissive, passive slave. My mind and my intelligence are too important.
TO HELLO : For a free thinker and highly intelligent person I am shocked to read your last statement : THERE is no evidence GOD exists ? the bible /GOD has been scientifically proven ! You my friend are NOT up on the latest research ,most of the well known researchers /scientist have admitted to , come to the conclusion ''from'' research /and or studies there is a GOD ! a GOD who created this world and the world beyond also the human race( we are fearfully and wonderfully made)Psalm 139 ... AS you , I am a free thinker , highly intelligent and I came to have a Deep belief in GOD , through my studies and soul searching so to say . I do NOT view myself as you put it 'a submissive/passive slave'! Also your comment about the The Bible glorifies passivity, submission, nihilism, intellectual and metaphysical slavery. SO not true , I have read/taught/studied the bible and not once have I came acrossed any of this , not in the manner you are speaking of .. submission yes , as a living being , as animals in nature yes there are times of submission on some level .. ok I've said too much ... I have enjoyed reading your post , makes me believe in GOD all the more ! I wish you all the best :)
1 post removed
bwahahah

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

tittts mcgee wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause 90% of people only go to be social and portray their Christianity.
If you we're as big of a Christian as you like to claim you are, you would not: A. Be on topix to begin with.
and B. judging others on here, cause there is only one judge.
So go back to being a typical hypocrite church going Christian.
90%? Really? Where did you get that statistic?
come on

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Derper wrote:
Why does Poet not attend church? Excellent question. I would sure like to know that myself. Are there any denominations he flatly denounces?
Also, is it possible he's been asked to leave a church in Huntington? I know that there are a few churches that have definitely done that with members who are just flat out of control.
I'm very curious, and hope he'll answer.
I hope he's formulating an answer. He's on topix now. I'm surprised that he's let this comment go so long and cannot wait to hear his answer.
1 post removed
come on

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Scientific proof of god? When did this happen and why wasn't it news?
As for your other comments
Slavery is acceptable in the bible. All of your Old Testament heroes had slaves. Look it up.
Women are commanded to be subservient to their husbands. Again look it up.
How do you teach something you don't even understand?
Why do you not go to church?
Nice Person

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Derper wrote:
Also, if I may add...in my own personal opinion, one of the devil's favorite playgrounds is a religious argument. I think it says something about the devil quoting scripture in the bible, doesn't it? I believe Jesus also told his disciples to go and preach the word and if a community simply refused to listen, to "shake the dust from their shoes" and move on. I don't think it does any good to throw seed on stone.
AS believers we are to ""BE in the world not of the world , meaning to take part in the world , not to sit around and do little , we are to have our say /opinion , BUT to speak with love : Let your speech be seasoned with grace :) Colossians 4:6 about the seed falling on good soil and rocky ground : the verse is in Matthew 13 ....
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

How can someone be liberal on issues such as killing the unborn or accepting abominable sex practices of gays that god clearly speaks against and then have the gall to claim to be christian.You're one of those the bible speaks of who claim to be righteous but will be found wanting on judgement day.And the reason i dont go to church is because very few know the bible.Example:They teach you go to heaven or hell upon death.Yet hell is the grave.The lake of fire doesnt exist until after judgement day.If we went to heaven or hell upon our death then their would be no need for judgement day.All souls return to God upon death.They also teach we will be tormented forever, yet scripture says that even Satan will be turned to ashes.In otherwords we will be consumed not tormented forever.This is a long list of things falsely taught in church.Only a couple even keep the true sabbath(saturday).And even they dont have everything down correctly.None teach about the 3 earth ages that are quite evident..And very few put emphasis on the 1000 yr reign of Christ which is a important part of Gods word.If they would it would explain how other people raised in other beliefs will get a chance to hear the true gospel of redemption and therefore throw off the stigma of being exclusive of other people and religions.So you see, im not the bigot you think.I just dont accept christian bashers whether it be atheists, gays, etc.
n person

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Scientific proof of god? When did this happen and why wasn't it news?
As for your other comments
Slavery is acceptable in the bible. All of your Old Testament heroes had slaves. Look it up.
Women are commanded to be subservient to their husbands. Again look it up.
How do you teach something you don't even understand?
you seem to be the one NOT understanding the comments which I made, I said: the bible does NOT '''glorify slavery'',YES there WAS SLAVERY during bible times BUT GOD DID not APPROVE of the way in which people were treated ... The bible says in Exodus : the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, and tell him,' Let my people go'..LET MY PEOPLE GO ? does that sound like GOD is glorifying slavery ? GOD DID not APPROVE NOR GLORIFY SLAVERY, IT IS AND WAS WRONG ! also I SAID : we do submit on some level as do animals in nature , READ my comment again ! Why is it you turn my words around ? Just wondering ...
again you misquoted me I said : scientific proof of the bible ..
OMW about the existence of God ? maybe you were watching the wrong channel when it was on the news :)
come on

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Where did I say that I accept abortion? I did not. I also do not claim to be righteous. I'm a Christian. Some may say I'm a bad Christian but hey, being a bad Christian is better than not being Christian or Christian-like, at all. I'm sorry, but you are not Christian-like and I'm relieved to hear that you do not belong to a church.

We do agree on one thing, though. There is no Hell.

Please, try to remember to capitalize Bible. I've asked this before. Total pet peeve on my part but it discredits your arguments on your side.

And you are a bigot. I never called you one utnil you posted yourself something along the lines of "I am a bigot against fags and blacks. Everyone is bigoted against something.". Decide whether you want to own the label or not.

if theshoe fits

Proctorville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

There is also evidence that some people are just plain out stupid....
2 posts removed
come on

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in any of it. It's all just a collection of fables in my opinion. Ancient people struggling to explain what to them was unexplainable. I don't see any difference in Christianity, Greek mythology, Norse mythology or any other god worshipping. Mostly people use religion to act how they want to anyway. For example mr last action hero poet here uses it to be an ignorant bigot.
Sorry, that was intended for Papaw, not you. My mistake. I agree with you on a lot. Fortunately, I've found a pretty progressive church that deals with LOVE, not fire and brimstone. I've never been happier with a church in my life. But for 15 years, before I became a mother and felt the need to share God with my kids, I didn't go to church. It's not for everyone. There is a lot of blind faith. I put my blind faith in God, not the Bible. I don't believe in "There was nothing and this big guy did something and here we are.". No, I believe in evolution by God's hand.

No sin, no Satan, no Hell? I sure don't sound like a Christian, huh. LOL.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence God exists. One's religion is dependent upon their geography, upbringing, and culture.
The Bible was written by human beings. The Bible is not a moral, general, or intellectual authority.
The Bible explicitly advocates the subjugation of women. I am feminist.
The Bible glorifies passivity, submission, nihilism, and intellectual and metaphysical slavery. I am a freethinker and a humanist. That is unacceptable. I refuse to become a submissive, passive slave. My mind and my intelligence are too important.
^^^^^^-says the rootless existence of an arrogant american autotheist.

-written by different ppl who did not kno each other & who also lived n different parts of the land... all of which felt compelled to log a doctorine of one god. including the muslims .... allah- the god of abraham. aka. yahweh. aka. american word "god".

-seriously?... u dont kno anything about christianity....nor have u even attempted to read the bible. wayyyy too obvious so quit tryn to kick knowledge & bounce w/ur sloppy unreflective assumptions.... u so called "free thinker", you.

-subjugation? passivity? slavery??
wow! genisis... the 1st book? ever hear of adam & eve? she was one of the women slaves b christianity?? roflmaooo. women are a gift to men- & to b respected as such. screw feminism. i like doors being opened for me, wearing his sweat shirt when im cold, watchin him fix my car when it brakes down or towing it home. damsel n distress. dam skippy... y give that away?

-u sound like a boring bossy lame f*ck... lol. get a lil submissive w/it girl. the sex is much better. & trust me... ur IQ wont drop.
dork.
ahole

Middlebrook, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

come on wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that was intended for Papaw, not you. My mistake. I agree with you on a lot. Fortunately, I've found a pretty progressive church that deals with LOVE, not fire and brimstone. I've never been happier with a church in my life. But for 15 years, before I became a mother and felt the need to share God with my kids, I didn't go to church. It's not for everyone. There is a lot of blind faith. I put my blind faith in God, not the Bible. I don't believe in "There was nothing and this big guy did something and here we are.". No, I believe in evolution by God's hand.
No sin, no Satan, no Hell? I sure don't sound like a Christian, huh. LOL.
no. you sound like a jew
1 post removed
come on

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

ahole wrote:
<quoted text>
no. you sound like a jew
From that snippet, maybe, but it's a stretch. Nice comparison, though. I like Jews.
come on

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. What a complete bunch of nonsense.
Could you have someone translate this into English for us?
Poet is at work until 11 but he sent this guy in his place.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. What a complete bunch of nonsense.
Could you have someone translate this into English for us?
whip out the clif notes gimp..... or h3ll... read slowly... not interested in breakin it down for a social reject
Rdc

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I would like to introduce myself too. I am a hard working member of society and I can tell right now that u people r trying to impress everyone else her by your philanthropic bull!!! How do you possibly have time to do this. It starts out with one person making a statement and then changing the subject right away to something nonsensical. Do not bother to reply on this because; I will not

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Rdc wrote:
I would like to introduce myself too. I am a hard working member of society and I can tell right now that u people r trying to impress everyone else her by your philanthropic bull!!! How do you possibly have time to do this. It starts out with one person making a statement and then changing the subject right away to something nonsensical. Do not bother to reply on this because; I will not
^^^^lmaoooo... wow. so self important..... & full of shiz... introduce urself only to abandon a stream... which appears to b right on topic. everybody take note! write it on ur calenders... RDC WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY REPLIES!!!

ahahaha!!

.....& we care becuz?
oh... thats rite ... we dont.

THAT was one dumb post dude... haha :p

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Outdoor intimacy 4 min Greg Poff 3
Avengers MC (Jul '10) 1 hr just you 385
Husband fired from Alcon today. 1 hr okay 16
MARSHALL UNDEFEATED bcs bowl chances 1 hr Harold Frankel 3
Best ever hookers in huntington (Nov '12) 2 hr buck the duck 83
Obama golfs while the world burns 2 hr Liberal man girl 23
Cabell Midland and recruiting (May '13) 2 hr truth 24
East end thief's (Nov '13) 3 hr ignorance personified 1,342
•••