Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

I write essays, short stories, and poems. I make instrumental music. I've spent 3 or 4 years of my life cultivating intelligence, reason, and knowledge. I love art, academia, literature, truth, reason, and knowledge. I can't be happy without intelligence.

Hi.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

I think of myself as an eclectic essayist for the sake of convenience, but my essays deal with critical theory, political philosophy, political psychology, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, philosophy of science, sociology, culture, feminism, neo-masculism, neo-enlightenment philosophy, post-postmodern philosophy, postmodern philosophy, and philosophy.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

I also write about Christianity, freethinking, humanism, and atheism.
David Runyon

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

I think of myself as a racist ignorant bigot.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Hello wrote:
I also write about Christianity, freethinking, humanism, and atheism.
Okay, here we go. Do you believe in Christ as the ONLY redeemer of the human race?
David Runyon

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Christ is the only way. The Bible does not lie. You have to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior to get right.

No questions.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, here we go. Do you believe in Christ as the ONLY redeemer of the human race?
No. Christianity is evil. I've been an atheist since I was 12.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence God exists. One's religion is dependent upon their geography, upbringing, and culture.

The Bible was written by human beings. The Bible is not a moral, general, or intellectual authority.

The Bible explicitly advocates the subjugation of women. I am feminist.

The Bible glorifies passivity, submission, nihilism, and intellectual and metaphysical slavery. I am a freethinker and a humanist. That is unacceptable. I refuse to become a submissive, passive slave. My mind and my intelligence are too important.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Christianity emboldens individuals with the arrogant delusion God is working through them. Many atrocities and immoral acts have been fueled by religious delusions of grandeur.

Christianity is a mental illness.
Mr Haney

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

So is Liberalism.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

You guys are so dumb.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Mr Haney wrote:
So is Liberalism.
Christianity includes delusions of control, such as divine pre-determination, God's plan, and so on. Christianity includes delusions of being surveiled, such as the idea of God's omniscience; that God is watching you and know everything you have ever done. Christianity is basically schizphrenia. The only differences are semantic.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Christianity includes delusions of control, such as divine pre-determination, God's plan, and so on. Christianity includes delusions of being surveiled, such as the idea of God's omniscience; that God is watching you and know everything you have ever done. Christianity is basically schizophrenia. The only differences are semantic.
Hello

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Christianity includes delusions of control, such as divine pre-determination, God's plan, and so on. Christianity includes delusions of being surveiled, such as the idea of God's omniscience; that God is watching you and knows everything you have ever done. Christianity is basically schizophrenia. The only differences are semantic
trippleOG

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

So just let me introduce myself
My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.
lol

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

trippleOG wrote:
I thought the exact same thing!
David Runyon

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

trippleOG wrote:
Yo ladies oh how I like to hump thee.
Dead Rabbit

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Hello wrote:
Many atrocities and immoral acts have been fueled by religious delusions of grandeur.
Philosophy 101.
If atrocities or immoral acts fueled and intended by religious delusions "constitutes" a religious act, then it`s reasonable that atrocities or immoral acts for Secular reasons constitutes as secular act. Furthermore, religious figures or religious minded people engaging in atrocities or immoral acts for secular reasons doesn`t make it a religious act.
Secular crime outweighs religious crimes.

Nevermind that being an atheist you do not believe in a deity so the very nature of simply refering of religious acts of atrocities is creedance in contraditiction. You are literaly saying there is no God, and people are commiting crimes for "x" reason which is better/worse than "y" reason. It wouldn`t matter why the person is commiting the crime. There is no God. Immorality is a consensus. Crimes are crimes. Immorality is a sliding scale.
realistic

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence God exists. One's religion is dependent upon their geography, upbringing, and culture.
The Bible was written by human beings. The Bible is not a moral, general, or intellectual authority.
The Bible explicitly advocates the subjugation of women. I am feminist.
The Bible glorifies passivity, submission, nihilism, and intellectual and metaphysical slavery. I am a freethinker and a humanist. That is unacceptable. I refuse to become a submissive, passive slave. My mind and my intelligence are too important.
Actually, there's a great deal of evidence that god exists. There is also enormous evidence that god is anything but good.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

I can offer valid arguements re: your statements about there being no god,being all knowing,pre-determination, anti woman, god watching us,etc.

First offevolution is only a theory.Life doesnt spring forth from death.We've witnessed the extinction of many species but no birth of any new ones.And if evolution is true it should be a continuity, in otherwords on going and never ending.We should see it happening today in all of its stages.Not only ape like creatures but even amoebas swimming in the swamps evolving into amphibians and crawling out to evolve into mammals.Yet we've never even seen any kind of evolving throughout our 7'ooo yrs of recorded history.There are 3 laws of science.The first law of science says matter cannot be created or destroyed but merely transferred.This coincides with scripture that states that there is nothing new under the sun.It is today as it was in the time of Noah.The 3rd law dictates that everything is made up of atoms and molecules which are in a constant state of decay.Example:Life on earth which is carbon based ages and dies.Stars throughout the universe consisting of various gas molecules become cold,dim, fadeout or explode into supernovae.Material objects rust,breakdown or fall apart.Our clothes wear thin and rip, our cars are in constant need of maintenance,etc.Where evolution says that everything gets better with time, entropy dictates that everything decays and rather quickly.Therefore entropy doesnt allow enough time for evolution to progress.The conclusion is there must have been an intelligent supernatural designer to have brought order from chaos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of160
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The crazy things liberals do... 4 min Silent Majority 64
Who's leaving Who's staying ? At WSAZ (Sep '13) 8 min C Hudson 71
MLB video replay challenge rule 10 min Instigator 2
will it hurt to slam my fanger in my car door 18 min Instigator 16
Photography Inquiry 25 min Christina 1
Big Ego People (Narcissists) (May '13) 32 min Bman101 22
cierra keil 1 hr lexi 3
Christ Temple Crazies (Jun '13) 3 hr pooky 95
•••