CNN Liberals showing their "global wa...

CNN Liberals showing their "global warming".

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Huntington, WV

#1 Mar 31, 2014
I had to get a laugh. They were showing black smoke belching out of a coal power plant. This was probably some dirty plant from Mexico or China. American coal plants burn clean.

They had some camera shots of backed up traffic. They sure work hard to get people to buy their global warming hoax.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#2 Mar 31, 2014
R-E-S-P-E-C-T wrote:
I had to get a laugh. They were showing black smoke belching out of a coal power plant. This was probably some dirty plant from Mexico or China. American coal plants burn clean.

They had some camera shots of backed up traffic. They sure work hard to get people to buy their global warming hoax.
There's no such thing as clean coal. It's a buzz word for low information types like yourself. It may have sulphur scrubbed out but it still is a very dirty substance to burn.

Thanks for playing though.
science believer

Logan, WV

#3 Mar 31, 2014
I personally found it interesting when I recently watched a scientific experiment wherein the roots of plants grow towards good soil. When compared with soil that was prone to pollution, the roots reacted differently and were very small in overall growth. There is no way after watching that, that anyone could debate the damage that pollution causes to EVERYTHING.
Another study non-believers of climate change should read up on....the rates of cancer in areas where pollution exists. You can graph it very easily. Personally, I don't find the benefit of coal when you gauge the stats on cancer, asthma, respiratory infections, etc. As well, it would do people good to read up on the effects of processed foods....which is beginning to correlate with the increased rate of autism.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#4 Mar 31, 2014
R-E-S-P-E-C-T wrote:
Even if our coal burned clean ( which it doesn't) your silly rant still makes no sense because you volunteer that Mexico and China have dirty plants that belch smoke. The USA is ONE country of over 180. Maybe think things thru before you type.
nonsense

Huntington, WV

#5 Mar 31, 2014
China is burning enough coal in UNREGULATED power plants to more than make up for it if all the coal fired power plants in Europe and the USA were completely shut down. I guess China emits 1000 times the pollution that we do here in the USA. So what good is it going to do if we closed EVERY coal powered plant in the USA? Nothing.
The pollution is so thick in China that it creates its own environment, often blocking out the sun completely.
These liberals are retarded.
science believer

Logan, WV

#6 Mar 31, 2014
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if our coal burned clean ( which it doesn't) your silly rant still makes no sense because you volunteer that Mexico and China have dirty plants that belch smoke. The USA is ONE country of over 180. Maybe think things thru before you type.
ha ha - i believe you called him out on that one.
science believer

Logan, WV

#7 Mar 31, 2014
nonsense wrote:
China is burning enough coal in UNREGULATED power plants to more than make up for it if all the coal fired power plants in Europe and the USA were completely shut down. I guess China emits 1000 times the pollution that we do here in the USA. So what good is it going to do if we closed EVERY coal powered plant in the USA? Nothing.
The pollution is so thick in China that it creates its own environment, often blocking out the sun completely.
These liberals are retarded.
I guess its ok then if the USA helps China, right? Lord, you make no sense at all.
nonsense

Huntington, WV

#8 Mar 31, 2014
What I'm trying to penetrate your libtard skull with is the concept that as long as China, the wealthiest country in the world with the largest population and most industrial capacity in the world continues to belch out pollution with virtually NO controls whatsoever, then no matter how much pain we put our industries and economy through it just won't make any difference.
Pollution has become a "China problem," not a pollution problem.
One Chinese coal fired power plant pukes out 1000 times the pollution of one of ours that is saddled with environmental regulations. And guess what... We all share the same air.
Neo nuts

Huntington, WV

#9 Mar 31, 2014
I guess since China pollutes its ok for all countries. The Hook line and sinker Rush ditto heads are beyond thick skulled. I guess all the Japanese scientist and other world scientist have it wrong. It's amazing how the GOP followers know more than scientist. It's obvious for a thinker to connect the dots..... Corporations and greed peddlers who manipulate the low informed voters. I can spot an Angry White Christian Ditto-Head all day long. Try using google to do some research and maybe one day your knuckles may stop dragging the ground and you can be ascended to the higher class of humans known as liberals,
nonsense

Huntington, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2014
Dumba$$, We all know that pollution isn't good and that it should be minimized as much as possible. But going overboard with our regulations that hurt the economy while the Chinese industry has a blank check to spew pollution at will is ridiculous.
They are killing the environment single handedly.
Silent Majority

United States

#11 Apr 1, 2014
Neo nuts wrote:
Try using google to do some research and maybe one day your knuckles may stop dragging the ground and you can be ascended to the higher class of humans known as liberals,
"Higher class of humans known as liberals?"...

You think liberals are better than other humans?

You sound like a democrat slave owner...and a self righteous bigot.

Liberalism on display...
1 post removed
SavageNation

Cameron, WV

#13 Apr 1, 2014
Green energy and renewables are not nearly as efficient as coal. This is not a distortion, just simple fact. Until the technology is improved, it is absurd to think that abandoning coal is a smart idea in a world of ever-increasing energy demand. Secondly, utility companies across the country are investing billions in different scrubber technologies. These technologies are targeting SO2, CO2, Hg, among others. With these technologies implemented, consumers are seeing electric rates climbing. The utility companies don't absorb the cost of these investments, the consumer does.
Science Believer

Logan, WV

#14 Apr 1, 2014
How is there a possibility for technology to improve if every attempt to improve it is voided because of the economy? Please, read up on other countries besides China. I hasten to think that a republican would side with a communist country. But again, it doesn't surprise me when you include the almighty dollar in your debate.

Something to mention, Bush is the one that started the tax incentives for companies that use alternate energy methods. Go figure.
nonsense

Huntington, WV

#15 Apr 1, 2014
Just wait until China gets done with the US Dollar and your electric bill goes from $100 to $600 and you latte @ Starbucks is $24, then come back on here and tell me about windmills replacing power plants.
Science Believer

Logan, WV

#16 Apr 1, 2014
The electric we produce in this country does not have to be so high. If India can provide electricity to the poorest in their country through solar panels for one payment of $300,(low interest rate by agreement with the banks) the same can be done here. Read up on it. You might be surprised by the information you find.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#17 Apr 1, 2014
SavageNation wrote:
Green energy and renewables are not nearly as efficient as coal. This is not a distortion, just simple fact.
Yeah blowing up a mountain, thousands of employees using gas guzzling machines to mine and move mountains, then to be processed, delivered by barges and trains, all to pollute, yeah, that's REAL efficiency!
nonsense

Huntington, WV

#18 Apr 1, 2014
nohalgerg,
Could you please give your alternative to using coal to generate electricity? I can't wait to hear this lunacy.
SavageNation

Cameron, WV

#19 Apr 2, 2014
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah blowing up a mountain, thousands of employees using gas guzzling machines to mine and move mountains, then to be processed, delivered by barges and trains, all to pollute, yeah, that's REAL efficiency!
I'm simply saying that the largest solar plant in the world is located in the Mojave Desert. It spreads across a FIVE MILE BY FIVE MILE AREA AND PRODUCES 400 MEGAWATTS. If you are from the Huntington area, then you should be familiar with Gallipolis, OH. Outside of that town is a coal fired plant that PRODUCES 2,600 MW on a small tract of land.

Yes, coal is more efficient. On top of this, newer scrubber technologies have been implemented that eliminates 60-70% of certain contaminants, and up to 99% of others. The technology of cleaning these emissions has far outpaced the efficiency and technology of alternative sources.The only green alternative that has proven to be a viable source so far has been hydro.

But, if you feel so strongly about it, then lead by example. Disconnect yourself from the power grid, and urge others to do so as well.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#20 Apr 2, 2014
Why would someone disconnect from the grid? The whole idea behind adding more renewable energy resources to the mix is more about generation and less about consumption.

As research continues and technology improves the ability to efficiently utilize renewable sources will grow.

Coal has a role in power generation but it is diminishing due to market forces moreso than anything else.

Coal probably has about 25-30 years left as a significant contributor to power generation in America.
SavageNation

Cameron, WV

#21 Apr 2, 2014
Gosh wrote:
Why would someone disconnect from the grid? The whole idea behind adding more renewable energy resources to the mix is more about generation and less about consumption.
As research continues and technology improves the ability to efficiently utilize renewable sources will grow.
Coal has a role in power generation but it is diminishing due to market forces moreso than anything else.
Coal probably has about 25-30 years left as a significant contributor to power generation in America.
You're absolutely right on most of your statements. I think coal is on its way out as well.

But, where I see a flaw in your statement is the fact that renewables are struggling efficiency-wise, right now. I'm not saying that in 25-30 years that this will be the case, as I more than likely agree with you on the point. My problem with the whole "dirty coal" campaign is that it is bad timing. Our country is broke. FLAT OUT BROKE. This country is fueled in majority by coal fired power plants, while many of these plants are being shut down. Research how electric prices are set, and you'll understand my correlation between prices and plants being closed. Most people are struggling financially, and higher rates will compound this problem.

Basically, until renewables can catch up with coal in efficiency on a large scale, it would be a trainwreck to eliminate coal as our primary power producer without a viable "alternative" in place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rocky Meadows 7 min . 2
Crackkker epidemic stealing our black women 8 min leroy 5
Israel knows how to deal with rioters 11 min The Last Warrior ... 333
Dirty old men perverts at Pullman 39 min ricky 4
Amy Bledsoe 46 min King 1
Brittany Keeney 51 min flem 2
Cutting the cable, anyone done this? 53 min itv 31
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE