Huntington Spine Rehab
enough

United States

#516 Dec 30, 2010
Well is it possible that they NEED a paycheck too. How many of us have seen things at work that we think is not right but keep our mouths shut to keep our jobs, because we NEED our jobs. Lets let the facts play out and see who's right. Maybe the ones still there are just as guilty or more.
bill

Barboursville, WV

#517 Dec 30, 2010
hahahahaha
JustWondering

Richmond, VA

#518 Dec 30, 2010
Practice what you preach ENOUGH said!!!!
Miss Information

Broken Arrow, OK

#519 Dec 30, 2010
There can never be an answer to satisfy someone like you.
You sound desperate to divert blame to those who chose not to stay.
Miss Information

Broken Arrow, OK

#520 Dec 30, 2010
JustWondering wrote:
What does that mean? You sound very angry..Lashing out at everyone wildly, making no sense.
enough

United States

#521 Dec 30, 2010
JustWondering wrote:
You too... You put everybody down because you don't want to face the facts. I'm guessing one of the current employees still protecting their job withh lies or a patient still getting pills.
enough

United States

#522 Dec 30, 2010
Miss Information wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean? You sound very angry..Lashing out at everyone wildly, making no sense.
I think that ment that are sooooo 3rd grade, without adult thoughts.
local

Ceredo, WV

#523 Dec 30, 2010
Does anybody know what is going on at the Dr. Office. We have gotten off topic.
Hound

Bowling Green, KY

#524 Dec 30, 2010
local wrote:
Does anybody know what is going on at the Dr. Office. We have gotten off topic.

This.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x9...
Miss Information

Broken Arrow, OK

#525 Dec 30, 2010
Hound
I bought a paper last week . I think it was 12/24 it had on the front page an article about the Board of Osteopathy opening yet another investigation on Dr. Fisher. I could not find it on-line. Do I need to subscribe on line to get all of the stories that are in the traditional paper? A link to that article
might be helpful to some people.
deer man

Harrisonburg, VA

#526 Dec 31, 2010
Miss Information wrote:
<quoted text>
You are CLUELESS as to what the truth is. You have no knowledge of me,my family, my employment or what the situation at HSR is or has been. What you should do is butt out of the situation and quit acting like you have all the answers. YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!
what tha matter seal hit a nerv good
1 post removed
enough

United States

#528 Dec 31, 2010
The Truth wrote:
Just relax. Get off the Doctor's nuts. Bottom line is, he is doing his job, is going to keep doing his job and make money just like he has been. The Feds tried to shut him down for some BS but couldn't. So if they couldn't, I highly doubt the little comments and slander you all throw against him or his practice is going to stop it. You might as well just lay down and take it. Peace
Read the paper, its not over with yet. I have not seen anywhere that said that the investigation was closed.
Hound

Huntington, WV

#529 Dec 31, 2010
The Truth wrote:
Just relax. Get off the Doctor's nuts. Bottom line is, he is doing his job, is going to keep doing his job and make money just like he has been. The Feds tried to shut him down for some BS but couldn't. So if they couldn't, I highly doubt the little comments and slander you all throw against him or his practice is going to stop it. You might as well just lay down and take it. Peace
Look for the Board of Osteopathy to revoke his license soon.
Hound

Huntington, WV

#530 Dec 31, 2010
Miss Information wrote:
Hound
I bought a paper last week . I think it was 12/24 it had on the front page an article about the Board of Osteopathy opening yet another investigation on Dr. Fisher. I could not find it on-line. Do I need to subscribe on line to get all of the stories that are in the traditional paper? A link to that article
might be helpful to some people.
Miss,
I don't know the answer to that question, but here's the story you were alluding to.

Barboursville physician’s home searched by federal authorities this month

By CURTIS JOHNSON

The Herald-Dispatch

[email protected]

HUNTINGTON — The state Board of Osteopathy decided Thursday to expand its administrative investigation into a Barboursville doctor, whose practice and home were searched by federal authorities this month.

The board’s complaint committee was investigating an anonymous complaint against Dr. Philip Fisher, which the board received this summer. The board decided Thursday to expand that investigation based on the federal investigation. The board didn’t take any action on Fisher’s license and he has not been charged with a crime.

Federal affidavits released this week accuse Fisher of engaging in unlawful dispensing practices, all while seeing patients at Huntington Spine Rehab and Rest Ensured Sleep Technologies. Both businesses are housedin the same facility on U.S. 60 in Barboursville. The Drug Enforcement Admini stration and West Virginia State Police used the affidavits to search both offices and Fisher’s residence in Barboursville Doren Burrell of the state Attorney General’s Office told board members Thursday that the anonymous complaint alleged Fisher was pre-signing a large number of blank prescription forms. It also alleged the doctor would have romantic relationships with some patients and prescribed them prescription drugs.

Burrell told the board its investigators had photographic evidence to support the claims of the pre-signed prescription pads. Board members then passed upon Burrell asking them to consider a finding of probable cause — a determination that proceeds any admin-istrative discipline. Such action could include the suspension of a medical license.

Burrell then asked the board whether it should incorporate the DEA affidavit into its admin-istrative investigation or file it as a separate board complaint.

Board members opted for the latter, fearing a delay in the criminal case could slow the board’s ability to take disciplinary action stemming from its anonymous complaint. Burrell said board members held off Thursday on a finding of probable cause to provide more time to review evidence.

The DEA affidavit contends Fisher unlawfully possessed pills for his own consumption and redistributed pills he received from patients, along with conspiring to misuse his DEA registration number and permitting others to do so.

Allegations laid out in the affidavit from employees, former employees and colleagues include Fisher leaving pre-signed blank prescription pads while out of state, transportation of controlled substances to Fisher’s personal residence and reports of Fisher giving injections of unknown substances to patients in his personal office.

The investigation includes 14 overdose deaths. In one overdose case, the West Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner reported their findings of a death as a result of combined Fetanyl, Xanax and doxylamine (a sleep aid) intoxication due to an application of a “non-prescribed” transdermal Fentanyl patch.
Debra Stowers

Chapmanville, WV

#531 Dec 31, 2010
I have been reading this topic with great interest as Dr. Fisher has been treating me since 2007. I hae read some interesting postings and some really stupid ones. I have had a couple of issues but none life threatening and I am probably one he would make faces on my ass. It wouldn't be professional but I have a feeling he would not be the first doc to do that. Now I do have to say that I feel sealhuges is a stupid creature from the seas of Florida, a place I had wished to visit the beaches but I am afraid I would run into more creatures like him and I am not a very polite person and I usually speak my mind. I have read the articule in Herald Dispatch and I read it this way--DEA HAS AN AFFIDAVIT STATING ALLEGATIONS MADE BY EMPLOYEES--to me this means people who work there--EX-EMPLOYEES--to me this means people who used to work there-----FORMER COLLEAGUES--to me this means people who have degrees equal to or higher than his. I am really concerned since so many have made these accusations. If for one minute I believed it was just x-employees it would be funny. But pills with others names at an airport? My father was a police officer for 27 years so I know what allegations are and what it takes for an affidavit. Yes court will follow and the board will rule on another matter. But seal you make an ass out of yourself everytime you open your mouth. I know or at least you said you are a great friend of his and I salute you for your standing by him but please don't write about only ex-employees--cover all of them if you want to place blame. As many have said and I will say it the truth will come out. I know in the jobs I have had some people are afraid to speak out until it becomes to unbearable they have to quit paycheck or no paycheck. And I have met Mike HE WAS NICE.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#532 Jan 1, 2011
I saw dr fisher last week, he wrote my prescription (dropped it down one dose) says they are making him reduce everyone's medicine. I took it to Fruth (where I usually get all my scipts) they said they are NOT taking any of his prescriptions. It appears as tho he is guilty until he can prove he is innocent. How can the DEA reduce EVERYONES meds unless they look at each case?????
Funny

Charleston, WV

#533 Jan 1, 2011
How? Because everyone was over-prescribed in the first place. Also, you people getting drugs from doctors like this are missing a key point here: your narcotics are not necessary for you to live. These are not chemo pills, or antibiotics thwarting a deadly infection. For some, they dull pain, but for most they're just a means to get high. You'll live. Yeah, it'll hurt a little if you don't take them, but lets be honest, you just know your withdrawals are going to hurt a lot more.

A good idea would be for you all to find treatment that will correct your problem and get you off the pills, instead of scrambling around like crackheads trying to find more pills.

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#534 Jan 1, 2011
pure innocence wrote:
I saw dr fisher last week, he wrote my prescription (dropped it down one dose) says they are making him reduce everyone's medicine. I took it to Fruth (where I usually get all my scipts) they said they are NOT taking any of his prescriptions. It appears as tho he is guilty until he can prove he is innocent. How can the DEA reduce EVERYONES meds unless they look at each case?????
I heard that too.
antiseal

United States

#535 Jan 1, 2011
How many people on this site thinks a seal at seaworld can spell better and would make more sense than this person.
Do us all a favor and shutup dummy
1 post removed
uuuuhhhhwhat

United States

#537 Jan 2, 2011
Hey gunner thanks for kind words bour thw weightloss. I am very happy bout the progress. I think u are in the right frame of mind here. I can post something and the claws come out. Keep hangin in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 12 min itsalltrue 751
BEWARE! officer Howard and lusk on the prowl! 20 min Punisher 15
White woman beat n Detroit by black man&woman 4... 39 min Punisher 12
debra bright 55 min ms thang 6
morgan guinn 1 hr lea 2
Black Lives Matter 1 hr cush 76
Heroin junkies finally doing us a favor 1 hr Punisher 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages