lisa

United States

#1 Jun 28, 2012
How come everytime I go there the employees are extremely rude and the managers are even worse. I'm sick of that place.
thin mint

New York, NY

#2 Jun 28, 2012
Walmart only hires trashy people, that's double trouble if you try to go on the first of the month with all of the welfare trash. I wish they would give them soap vouchers with their food stamps. Peeee-eewwww!!!!
shopper

New York, NY

#3 Jun 28, 2012
I can't stand going there! They will have 5 checkout lanes open with 5 people waiting in each line but have 5 or 6 employees standing at the service desk or in the women's clothing talking!
Then you go to a self checkout lane and have to disturb the person standing there watching you to get them to reset your register because it says "please place item in bagging area", even though every thing you have is in the bagging area!
I bet Sam Walton is spinning in his grave seeing how his family has decided to run the business that he worked his a$$ off to get started!
I wish people would support the local stores!
Sister of an employee

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Jun 28, 2012
My sister has worked at that walmart for merely 8 yrs and she is a kind person. I agree the crowd that frequents that walmart can be a bit ruff compared to the barboursville store, but dont label all employees rude. My sister actually cares about her job and her customers.
Jesus Hussein Christ

New York, NY

#5 Jun 28, 2012
Does it upset you that most of the money you spend at Walmart goes to China where they have forced abortions?

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

United States

#6 Jun 28, 2012
Jesus Hussein Christ wrote:
Does it upset you that most of the money you spend at Walmart goes to China where they have forced abortions?
That's the truth. Unfortunately, you really can't buy American products anywhere these days. Even the mom and pop shops are selling Chinese junk...because that's basically all there is.

“You are your own worst enemy.”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7 Jun 28, 2012
Sister of an employee wrote:
My sister has worked at that walmart for merely 8 yrs and she is a kind person. I agree the crowd that frequents that walmart can be a bit ruff compared to the barboursville store, but dont label all employees rude. My sister actually cares about her job and her customers.
I agree that there shouldn't be a blanket statement there, but in OPs defense in the handful of times I have been there there has only been once that an employee wasn't rude to me. I hope your sister stays kind. I have worked there, and the environment of walmart changes people.
slaver

Roanoke, VA

#8 Jun 28, 2012
The store is dirty and the stocking is bad and very few cashiers. Everytime I go there the store is always out of two.or.more items on my list. Wal Mart pay is low scheduling is unfriendly and bemefits have a huge pice tag that the low paid employees can't afford. There products are from other countries but most stores are foot lockerss, finish line, JC Penny's just to name a few the list goes on.... Wal Mart sucks Rt 60 is one of the worst.
Snoopy

Huntington, WV

#9 Jun 28, 2012
If you want American made products, go to China...most things there are USA-made
whitey

United States

#10 Jun 28, 2012
Too many blacks in there. Very aggravating!
ready

United States

#11 Jun 28, 2012
I always bring my pistol when I go there. Lots of jiggas and junkies hang out there. Lots of robberies happen there too. I blame the store manager. She is an idiot.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jun 28, 2012
Any politician who ever signed a free trade agreement claiming it would enable us to sell them more of our stuff has been totally wrong, that's why we don't make stuff here anymore, it's cheaper to make stuff in china and ship it here, thanks politicians for selling us out to cheap overseas labor.

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jun 28, 2012
^^^^^same reason why a lot of those "buy american, made in the usa" automobiles we're supposed to buy are made in mexico.

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

Gallipolis Ferry, WV

#14 Jul 6, 2012
TRogers wrote:
Any politician who ever signed a free trade agreement claiming it would enable us to sell them more of our stuff has been totally wrong, that's why we don't make stuff here anymore, it's cheaper to make stuff in china and ship it here, thanks politicians for selling us out to cheap overseas labor.
Agree with you 100%. They can make things cheaper overseas because they don't hold their employers to the same safety standards as we do, or the same pay standards. For instance, wages are extremely low in these countries. They employ children and slave labor. They work long, exhausting hours for peanuts in unsafe/unsanitary work conditions, and use lead-based products and other unsafe materials/chemicals that cause cancer and lung problems, etc.

Our "leaders" and labor organizations here in the US talk about how we need these strict safetly laws and employee rights because we care about the well being of the human race. Why, then, do we not hold these other countries to the same standards? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? By sending our business overseas, we are actually PROMOTING those types of things. Furthermore, we are supporting manufacturing processes that contribute to environmental problems such as greenhouse gasses and water pollution.(I don't necessarily believe in global warming and junk, but regardless of whether I believe it, my point stands the same.) We hear people complain about pollution and the environment and we hold US manufacturers to ridiculous standards. Then, these same people who made a stink over it in the first place go and spend money at Wal-Mart....when the companies that produced that junk are 100 times worse for the environment and their employees.

I think there should be a law passed that allows importing of goods, but only if the manufacturers are following the same standards as what we have here in the states. Same wage laws. Same insurance/workers comp coverage. Same safety standards. Same EPA standards.

We need to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. And a law such as this could not only do that, but also encourage other countries to decrease pollutants.

*Note: I don't buy into the global warming bit, but I do believe in clean air and water and taking care of the environment as best as we can.
iheard

New York, NY

#15 Jul 6, 2012
ready wrote:
I always bring my pistol when I go there. Lots of jiggas and junkies hang out there. Lots of robberies happen there too. I blame the store manager. She is an idiot.
We are not completely safe anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What to wear to the Greenbrier 34 min ColdNight 39
Does anyone know Patty Keesee from west end? (May '12) 53 min jusme 3
East End Heroin 2 hr Ricky 40
Bring back Regatta in hgtn 3 hr MarkJ- 2
Lordy, Lordy, Look, Look at the Bday Girl 4 hr So Pathetic 7
February is Black History Month 5 hr Realistically Thi... 121
negros n jay norton dealing drugs @1909 9ave apt2 5 hr olivert4 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages