First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nurse

Proctorville, OH

#21 Jul 27, 2012
to blow pop---I would start (if not already) showing up at random times and checking to see if things are done such as changing/turning, dressing, assisting with daily activities etc. If you see anything out of ordinary or their needs are not being met, request a supervisor, and/or report it to the state your issues and take pictures of your loved ones room(if there is something wrong), or if they have any bed sores.How is their appetite? If it is poor does the staff encourage other things so they eat?(not sure if its even applicable).Good nutrition is very important to healing. If you and other family members show up at random times and bring issues up immediately and want them resolved yesterday, they will make sure they are cared for. I cannot work in long term care facilities because I do not like the ones who typically work there, dont get me wrong there are some good ones. If they know you always come to visit on saturday afternoon between 2-4 well they will make sure they are looking tip top shape by 130, but if you show up randomly and even if its for just an hour at random times of day they will not know when to expect you.

If I were to work there yeah I could make a difference in the lives of the residents but the staff would know I will do it and before long I am doing 3 or 4 other people jobs and only have one paycheck and they still collect one while I do my job.I am not saying that because I am out for the money, but how would you feel if you are doing other peoples jobs and they still get paid (for nothing) and you only get that one paycheck. If you go to a supervisor well just like other jobs, there are favorites and usually they have been there long enough to know how to work less and still make themselves look busy. I have been a RN for over 20 years and I have witnessed alot.

Ask your loved one how things are if they can tell you, but showing up randomly would give you a good picture. I did the same thing when my kids were babies and would show up at the babysitters until I found one I trusted. The state will go in if they feel there are issues. Medicare and Medicaid are beginning to crack down on hospitals and long term care facilities who cause a bedsore on patients/residents.
Blow pop

United States

#22 Jul 27, 2012
Oh yea hes got bedsores amd there are many critical issues but the more you complain the worse it gets. I honestly believe they are trying to murder him.
Truth about cornerstone

Charleston, WV

#23 Sep 6, 2012
I wouldn't put my loved one in there! Their nurses have no experience and their boss Cindy is a liar! She will tell you one thing and do another!
1 post removed
Stumped

Monaca, PA

#25 Apr 15, 2013
Truth about cornerstone wrote:
I wouldn't put my loved one in there! Their nurses have no experience and their boss Cindy is a liar! She will tell you one thing and do another!
And she's a homewrecker! Cindy needs to be fired based on sleeping with half the staff
Ben Dover

Huntington, WV

#26 Apr 15, 2013
Stumped wrote:
<quoted text>And she's a homewrecker! Cindy needs to be fired based on sleeping with half the staff
Are you jealous she won't have sex with you?
Stumped

Monaca, PA

#27 Apr 16, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you jealous she won't have sex with you?
You must work there. You're as dumb as they are
Ben Dover

Huntington, WV

#28 Apr 16, 2013
Stumped wrote:
<quoted text>You must work there. You're as dumb as they are
Nope don't work there, just reading threads on Topix.
Concerned

Huntington, WV

#29 Apr 17, 2013
I work maintenance at SMMC and the thing that scares me the most is the complete disregard for isolation. They have signs posted on the doors saying what kind of isolation the patients are but the nurses just go from room to room checking vitals carrying God knows what with them.
Lookout

Pittsburgh, PA

#30 Apr 17, 2013
So what happened to the CCO Jeremy Tidd? Did he finally get fired?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#31 Apr 17, 2013
Concerned wrote:
I work maintenance at SMMC and the thing that scares me the most is the complete disregard for isolation. They have signs posted on the doors saying what kind of isolation the patients are but the nurses just go from room to room checking vitals carrying God knows what with them.
A lot of people that are in contact precautions are in there for MRSA in their nares. Policy says they have to be in contact precaution for 1 year after diagnosis. That's stupid. Unless you know the full reason behind why someone is in precautions and can explain why I should or shouldn't put a gown on you shouldn't assume stuff you aren't familiar with. I guarantee you I will not be criticizing how you fix something because I have no clue how to fix it myself.
twelve

Hurricane, WV

#32 Apr 17, 2013
Well my dad was in cornerstone to get weaned off the vent. And the respiratory did a great job.
shelly cna

Mint Spring, VA

#33 Apr 17, 2013
Can't not stand them do not send anyone there, they do not care about anybody in there they are nasty and disrespectful !!!!!!!!
Nasty

Huntington, WV

#34 Apr 17, 2013
SmmcRN wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people that are in contact precautions are in there for MRSA in their nares. Policy says they have to be in contact precaution for 1 year after diagnosis. That's stupid. Unless you know the full reason behind why someone is in precautions and can explain why I should or shouldn't put a gown on you shouldn't assume stuff you aren't familiar with. I guarantee you I will not be criticizing how you fix something because I have no clue how to fix it myself.
So it's ok to share equipment between rooms/patients? Years ago when I was an aide we were not permitted to share equipment w/ isolation patients of any kind?
Zoolander

Huntington, WV

#35 Apr 17, 2013
SmmcRN wrote:
<quoted text>
Very close knit "family" over there. Tidd married Cindy & had to leave due to their relationship. He's a mgr @ Healthsouth now. Half the respiratory staff is knotted up with the nursing staff & that girl w/ the big fake titties in admissions or case mgmt. Not really sure. One of the guys who goes out and gets patients is shacked up with the unit clerk. St Mary's is no better

Location hidden

#36 Apr 18, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>So it's ok to share equipment between rooms/patients? Years ago when I was an aide we were not permitted to share equipment w/ isolation patients of any kind?
Nobody said anything about sharing equipment. He said that nurses go in rooms without a gown on.

Location hidden

#37 Apr 18, 2013
Zoolander wrote:
<quoted text>Very close knit "family" over there. Tidd married Cindy & had to leave due to their relationship. He's a mgr @ Healthsouth now. Half the respiratory staff is knotted up with the nursing staff & that girl w/ the big fake titties in admissions or case mgmt. Not really sure. One of the guys who goes out and gets patients is shacked up with the unit clerk. St Mary's is no better
I don't know any of the people that you are talking about.

Location hidden

#38 Apr 18, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>So it's ok to share equipment between rooms/patients? Years ago when I was an aide we were not permitted to share equipment w/ isolation patients of any kind?
Well maybe he was talking about the machines. I don't know. I assumed he was talking about not wearing a gown. Nurses should wipe down the machines after every pt. I do.
9 posts removed
Concerned

Charleston, WV

#48 Nov 2, 2013
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about a respiratory guy there Brian.
Ben Dover

Alexandria, VA

#49 Nov 3, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Why? You being nosy or trying to start something?

Location hidden

#50 Nov 4, 2013
Concerned wrote:
He's a super nice guy and happily married. Also a wonderful respiratory therapist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Muslims so violent? 24 min The Last Warrior ... 118
too many boys around here need to MAN UP 25 min The Responsible N... 8
tlk group 30 min extremely high 40
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 32 min Dalai Lama 58,923
HHS and CMHS should ban YOGA PANTS now 35 min dexter 8
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 37 min Ohm 3,202
Kama Bailey Reynolds cheated on husband? 52 min Howard Elkins 1
Huntington Dating
Find my Match

Huntington Jobs

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]