Rakeem Cato HD Article/kids
Really

Huntington, WV

#22 Aug 14, 2013
It's quite common for college football players to have kids. If I recall I think Lee Smith the former tight end had a couple of children. I don't remember any big uproar over that. Cato should be getting paid. I dont advocate having children at a young age, but at least i dont see the Cato kids being in a long term horribile situation. From what I have seen he has better work ethic than even the coaches. It's was Cato left on the field to answer media questions after a disappointing lost last season, not a coach in sight. Lets face it he is the only reason they will sell tickets this season. It's not because anybody wants to see the great wonderful defense or coaching.
citizen

Alexandria, VA

#23 Aug 14, 2013
Cato is not the qb you're making him out to be.. He won't play a down past his senior year.
Chad Leftwich

Germany

#24 Aug 14, 2013
Really wrote:
I don't remember any big uproar over that. Cato should be getting paid.
I think people are upset at the fluff article from the go herd digest.
Jim

Alexandria, VA

#25 Aug 14, 2013
Chad Leftwich wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people are upset at the fluff article from the go herd digest.
Exactly! It's not so much the fact that he was stupid and selfish and brought kids into the world with no way of supporting them.... It's the BS article that dip Traylor wrote about how peachy everything is!

And Lee Smith was married by the way!
hmm

Charleston, WV

#26 Aug 14, 2013
I wonder what kind of fluff article Pittman gets for his recent indictment for beating the hell out of a Marshall student, especially since no article whatsoever was written when he was arrested for it 10 months ago? It doesn't seem to me that an indictment should take nearly a year, and I feel everyone from the arresting officer to Coach Herrion should be investigated in regard to why it's only happening now.
Jim

Alexandria, VA

#27 Aug 14, 2013
hmm wrote:
I wonder what kind of fluff article Pittman gets for his recent indictment for beating the hell out of a Marshall student, especially since no article whatsoever was written when he was arrested for it 10 months ago? It doesn't seem to me that an indictment should take nearly a year, and I feel everyone from the arresting officer to Coach Herrion should be investigated in regard to why it's only happening now.
Good point...Traylor will think of a way to spin this as a character builder.
margaret

Nitro, WV

#28 Aug 14, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point...Traylor will think of a way to spin this as a character builder.
lol

Huntington, WV

#29 Aug 14, 2013
hmm wrote:
There was no arrest 10 months ago
hmm

Charleston, WV

#30 Aug 15, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
There was no arrest 10 months ago[/QUOTE]

Imagine that.
1 post removed
Jim

United States

#32 Aug 15, 2013
I agree with the above poster that Cato's NFL potential is not the greatest. That being said....

I just don't understand why he chose to bring kids into the world with no way of supporting them.

It's pretty easy to avoid pregnancy these days too ... I guess it's a cultural difference...

But when you are a financial supporter of the program it makes you think twice.

Big Green donations go to support student-athletes, so when you see guys like Cato doing things like this it makes you question your involvement.
get a life

Saxonburg, PA

#33 Aug 15, 2013
If this were a perfect world white people would still find something to bitch about
Jim

United States

#34 Aug 15, 2013
Really wrote:
It's quite common for college football players to have kids. If I recall I think Lee Smith the former tight end had a couple of children. I don't remember any big uproar over that. Cato should be getting paid. I dont advocate having children at a young age, but at least i dont see the Cato kids being in a long term horribile situation. From what I have seen he has better work ethic than even the coaches. It's was Cato left on the field to answer media questions after a
disappointing lost last season, not a coach in sight. Lets face it he is the only reason they will sell tickets this season. It's not because anybody wants to see the great wonderful defense or coaching.
Your comments are ignorant on so many levels that I don't even know where to begin....
Jim

United States

#35 Aug 15, 2013
get a life wrote:
If this were a perfect world white people would still find something to bitch about
It's white and black people that are supporting Cato's kids.
Coach

United States

#36 Aug 16, 2013
It's a sad situation. You can't fix stupid.
Herdsman

United States

#37 Aug 16, 2013
Some people or ethnic groups see nothing wrong with having kids with multiple women without being married.

And you can't convince them that it is unfair to everyone, especially the children. They were more than likely raised in that kind of environment.... thus the cycle perpetuates.....
Willy347

United States

#38 Aug 17, 2013
Herdsman wrote:
Some people or ethnic groups see nothing wrong with having kids with multiple women without being married.
And you can't convince them that it is unfair to everyone, especially the children. They were more than likely raised in that kind of environment.... thus the cycle perpetuates.....
As long as we win a Conference Championship , I don't care how many illegit kids he has!
Go Herd.
mr d

Alexandria, VA

#39 Aug 17, 2013
f--k him and every other marshall kiss ass
mr d

Alexandria, VA

#40 Aug 17, 2013
and while I'm at it, nobody working in any of these plants around here gives s f--k about marshall either. so stick it up your ass until you choke on it .

Huntington, WV

#41 Aug 17, 2013
mr d wrote:
and while I'm at it, nobody working in any of these plants around here gives s f--k about marshall either. so stick it up your ass until you choke on it .
Angry much?

For someone who doesn't care, you sure have a funny way of showing it. Lol
hmm

Delbarton, WV

#42 Aug 18, 2013
mr d wrote:
Funny thing is this guy probably coaches kids or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
liberal's support the selling of aborted baby o... 8 min MarkJ- 74
Conservatives support shooting unarmed civilians 11 min -zaphod- 2
Damn!!! 22 min MarkJ- 3
I'm 'riden with Biden! 59 min I hate teabaggers 5
Create your own Forum 1 hr purplelady1040 441
hi 2 hr Howdy 10
Most Annoying Person on FB 2 hr Knows her 30
News W.Va. AG announces antitrust agreement in hospi... 3 hr WATCHDOG 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance