Rakeem Cato HD Article/kids

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jim

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Aug 13, 2013
Why does a 21 year old with no job already have 2 kids?
And why does the HD do a feature story on it as if its something to be proud of???

Appalling,

Jim
toughcreek

Charleston, WV

#2 Aug 13, 2013
Big Jim you should post this comment on the Herald Dispatch site......no wait
Anon

Huntington, WV

#3 Aug 13, 2013
Jim wrote:
Why does a 21 year old with no job already have 2 kids?
And why does the HD do a feature story on it as if its something to be proud of???

Appalling,

Jim
I thought it was ridiculous as well. Why glorify this kid for not being able to keep it in his pants? He may be a good quarterback, and hopefully his children motivate him to succeed and not mess this opportunity up... but you can't fix stupid.
I work

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 13, 2013
Who supports the kids?
Jim

Chesapeake, OH

#5 Aug 13, 2013
I work wrote:
Who supports the kids?
Taxpayers do. Of course!

Hey "tough"... I'm still banned. Hell the HD must delete all messages on their web page these days. Cause there are very few comments.

Nazis.
BP HC

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Aug 13, 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the HD story on him and his kids was stupid and very misleading.
Anon

Huntington, WV

#7 Aug 13, 2013
And now the news says Pittman (basketball team) was indicted on "misdemeanor battery charge" for fighting with a guy that was trying to break up a fight between him & his girlfriend. Lord have mercy.
Mrs Adkins

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Aug 13, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayers do. Of course!
Hey "tough"... I'm still banned. Hell the HD must delete all messages on their web page these days. Cause there are very few comments.
Nazis.
How they heck do you know he does not work and support those babies? How do you know the mom does not work to support those babies?
1 post removed
Anon

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2013
Mrs Adkins wrote:
<quoted text>How they heck do you know he does not work and support those babies? How do you know the mom does not work to support those babies?
He's the starting quarterback-- I can guarantee he does have a job.
Anon

Huntington, WV

#11 Aug 13, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>He's the starting quarterback-- I can guarantee he does have a job.
DOES NOT* My apologies.
Jim

Chesapeake, OH

#12 Aug 13, 2013
Mrs Adkins wrote:
<quoted text>
How they heck do you know he does not work and support those babies? How do you know the mom does not work to support those babies?
Don't be naive and ignorant both.. One is ok but not both.
GOP 2016

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Aug 13, 2013
real blunt wrote:
do the kids have the same mother? props if they do. if the parents do not work and support the kids than shame on the hd for paining a picture like they did with that article.
That article was written by Traylor and was a fluff piece... Fairy tale stuff. He thinks his readers are pretty naive I guess.
Mrs Adkins

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Aug 13, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be naive and ignorant both.. One is ok but not both.
Way to dance around my question.

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Aug 13, 2013
He came from a pretty messed-up childhood. He COULD be a dropout selling crack on the corner. Rather, he's a successful QB and appears to love his kids. Hopefully he's earning an education thanks to his physical skills to provide for them in the future. Leave it at that.
Jim

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Aug 13, 2013
Mrs Adkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to dance around my question.
He is the starting QB for the football team and a student( well maybe a student)!!!

They don't/ can't work you fool!

I don't know about the women... Does it matter what they do?
I guarantee they arent bankers or engineers.
Probably students as well.
Herd93

Chesapeake, OH

#17 Aug 14, 2013
I must admit that I found the article very misleading. The reporter made it seem that Cato having children was a positive.

Well it might be for Cato, he goes to class and practice and I'm sure has limited child rearing responsibilities both financially and emotionally.

Someone has been charged with the day to day job of caring for these young children and I guarantee it ain't him!

Bottom line is that over 70 % of black babies are born out of wedlock. This is a real problem in our country,( white or black) and to frame it any other way as the HD did is a bunch of crap.
Jim

Chesapeake, OH

#18 Aug 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]He came from a pretty messed-up childhood. He COULD be a dropout selling crack on the corner. Rather, he's a successful QB and appears to love his kids. Hopefully he's earning an education thanks to his physical skills to provide for them in the future. Leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

So by your rationale.... Lets be happy that he is only a little stupid and not a lot stupid??!!

I think that is ...well STUPID.
MrNormal

Huntington, WV

#19 Aug 14, 2013
At least the young man loves his kids and wants to be with them. Not like the hunreds of white trash and black trash young men and women around this area who love to do the nasty but don't want to raise the child that comes from it. Cato is a good young man who has his head on straight. He also does well in the classroom.
Yeah, its certainly not an ideal situation but he is making the best of it, more than a vast majority of local kids in the same situation do. They hang out at Speedway or Sheetz and wait to pick up checks at the DHHR. ugh!

Hell, Noel Devine, the former WVU running back had 5 kids, all from different mothers.

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Aug 14, 2013
Jim wrote:
[QUOTE who="."]He came from a pretty messed-up childhood. He COULD be a dropout selling crack on the corner. Rather, he's a successful QB and appears to love his kids. Hopefully he's earning an education thanks to his physical skills to provide for them in the future. Leave it at that. "

So by your rationale.... Lets be happy that he is only a little stupid and not a lot stupid??!!

I think that is ...well STUPID.
What would you have him do now? Give them back? The kids are here. Quit stewing over it.

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Aug 14, 2013
MrNormal wrote:
At least the young man loves his kids and wants to be with them. Not like the hunreds of white trash and black trash young men and women around this area who love to do the nasty but don't want to raise the child that comes from it. Cato is a good young man who has his head on straight. He also does well in the classroom.
Yeah, its certainly not an ideal situation but he is making the best of it, more than a vast majority of local kids in the same situation do. They hang out at Speedway or Sheetz and wait to pick up checks at the DHHR. ugh!

Hell, Noel Devine, the former WVU running back had 5 kids, all from different mothers.
Exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 months and no changes to the Democrat party 5 min MarkJ- 25
U. S. Judge finds Aetna Execs Lied 36 min WATCHDOG 1
Huntington Hospitals Merger/Acquisition (Sep '15) 43 min WATCHDOG 35
America Held Hostage Day 127 1 hr MarkJ- 3
Drugs in altizer 1 hr NastySkank 11
Stacy n Will 1 hr Jaymie 1
Huntington Papa John's better than Ashland ? 1 hr customer 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance