Dr. Thomas c. Rushton...cabell hunt h...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ms Huntington

Hurricane, WV

#21 Aug 18, 2013
To saywhat: I am sorry about your health problems. It must be very difficult and scary to be dealing with your disease, or condition, whatever it may be. Patients often feel as if they have little to no control over their lives when an illness takes over.
What Sherlock Holmes said is so true. Doctors work with information, and diagnose based on information from numerous sources. they are not magicians. They are sometimes wrong, and even sometimes mislead by patients. Chances are, if your life is going to be "shorted by 20 years," it's because of a disease process that you either innocently obtained through genetics, or something to which you were exposed.
Dr. Rushton busts his rear end to help people. He is tops in his field, and if he doesn't know something, he knows whom to speak with in order to find out the answer. I wish you luck with your health, like I said, I am sure it is scary for you. And no, I have not been a patient of his, but if the need arose for me to be, I would welcome his advice.
Patient

Ona, WV

#22 Jan 26, 2014
I am appalled at some of these comments. Without his concern and guidance. I would have chosen death rather than face my medical problems. Thank you, Dr. Rushton. You have provided the care and hope I needed to face the future.

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#23 Jan 26, 2014
Couldn't get pain medication?
Cheyann

Huntington, WV

#24 Jan 26, 2014
I'm a nurse and he can be an arrogant dick sometimes. Good doctor to the pt's, but he can be an ass to staff sometimes.
Just Saying

Huntington, WV

#25 Jan 26, 2014
Isn't he at SMMC & not CHH?
sb

Hockessin, DE

#26 Jan 26, 2014
One of the best in his field and definitely in this area. We are lucky to have his expertise here. You want a good doctor or a butler by your bedside?
brian adkins

Lancaster, OH

#27 Oct 9, 2014
Dr. Rushing is one of the nicest professional doctors I have been to. He played a large part in saving my life. He has a great bedside manner. And, he listens. Kudos Dr Rushton.
LisaWV

Hurricane, WV

#28 Jan 22, 2015
I'm a woman and have been treated by Dr. Rushton a hand full of times for osteomylitis. He was always very nice to me. I can see where his sense of humor can come off as dry but I don't think he is intentionally trying to be rude or chovanistic. I got some pretty upsetting news once and he actually held my hand and told me he would take care of me... and he did. He was very big on making sure anyone who entered my room (visitor, nurse, or another doctor) had on the protective gowns and glovse. He explained he wasn't trying to be a bossy SOB and that it wasn't so much for the other person's protection but more for mine. Unfortunately, he took a position with another group and is no longer my ID physician but I'd go back to him in a heartbeat.
nurse

Powellton, WV

#29 Jan 22, 2015
Dr Rushton is one of the most respected physicians in the area. I have seen Dr Rushton fight for his patients. He will stand up to other physicians, insurance companies, lab, pharmacy, whatever it takes to treat his patients the best way possible. He stands up for nurses when he needs to. I work with him regularly and have had many conversations with him. I have NEVER heard him say anything inappropriate about his wife or any other female. We are extremely lucky to have a physician of his intelligence and character in our area.
people amaze me

Huntington, WV

#30 Apr 11, 2017
saywhat wrote:
about<quoted text> So Ms Huntington, i suppose you injoy the jokes he makes about how stupid he thinks his wlfe is. I heard severalp
I know him and his wife and he does nothing but brag about her. You are WWAAYYYY off.
Rue

United States

#31 Apr 13, 2017
people amaze me wrote:
<quoted text>I know him and his wife and he does nothing but brag about her. You are WWAAYYYY off.
He's great! Incredible Dr and good person.
Everybody has bad days and gets a little grouchy with other people's incompetence. But I've definitely never seen or heard him be disrespectful to his wife or other women. I don't know what that other poster was talking about.
SMMC RN

Bladensburg, MD

#32 Apr 13, 2017
He's an amazing Dr. He's always very nice to me and he's funny. I'm sure he gets sick of seeing all the heroin junkies in this area with MRSA in their needle marked up bodies that they say are "spider bites" lol
Past Patient

United States

#33 Apr 15, 2017
Sure all the people would take up for that DR. Yea, I know him and the Drs that are actually associated with the Surgical group. Paul Bown is one of the biggest pricks that ever walked the earth. I think anyone who would stand behind these Drs. are either a fellow physician or someone they have screwed on the side. I would RUN from Cabell Huntington Hospital and fast. That place is a butcher shop with uneducated students that are using patients for lab rats.
Past Patient

United States

#34 Apr 15, 2017
Yep! If they were good doctors they could distinguish a needle mark from a spider bite. Dr. Bown misdiagnosed my family member, saying they had a flesh eating bacteria, one he had seen many times at Cabell.(Mind you, it is rare and only three cases per year in the U.S. and only 1 case ever at Cabell in 1980) demanded to do surgery and we refused. Great thing we did, because she had a pulled groin muscle. This wasn't in her arm or a drug habit. It was in her leg, obviously.. That's a brilliant Dr. for ya.....
Past Patient

United States

#35 Apr 15, 2017
I am actually not shocked at all these people who are praising these Drs. Open your eyes. When they misdiagnose and neglect one of your family members and let them die, then will you feel the same? My mom had cancer and was misdiagnosed 3 times at Cabell, given radiation and chemo for a cancer she didn't have. It gets swept under the carpet, because what does one voice matter to such a huge establishment? One person dies... There response was "It happens." Sorry pos staff, doctors and a place to call a hospital.
Reality bites

Huntington, WV

#36 Apr 17, 2017
If dear Dr Rushton were so highly respected knowledgeable and distinguished in his field ....Why would he choose too practice in Huntington west Virginia ?
In the last of last ,the bottom of the barrel.
If I'm not mistaken the man is from the Miami area ?What would drive a highly respected and distinguished individual too limit thier own choices limit their children's education and quality of life? What dedicated professional would expose himself and his family too the toxic environmental issues unique to this geographic area? Why would anyone in thier right mind relocate from that too this of they actually had options?

I certain he's competent , I would be willing to bet he's nowhere near tops I. His field.
If he were he wouldn't be here .
Alan

Huntington, WV

#37 Apr 18, 2017
So What go somewhere else feel lower
1 post removed
Skippy

United States

#39 Apr 18, 2017
Reality bites wrote:
If dear Dr Rushton were so highly respected knowledgeable and distinguished in his field ....Why would he choose too practice in Huntington west Virginia ?
In the last of last ,the bottom of the barrel.
If I'm not mistaken the man is from the Miami area ?What would drive a highly respected and distinguished individual too limit thier own choices limit their children's education and quality of life? What dedicated professional would expose himself and his family too the toxic environmental issues unique to this geographic area? Why would anyone in thier right mind relocate from that too this of they actually had options?

I certain he's competent , I would be willing to bet he's nowhere near tops I. His field.
If he were he wouldn't be here .
I don't know about Dr Rushton but a lot of Drs are recruited out of med school. Sometimes to join Drs that have already Established a practice. Some are given incentives to move to more rural areas where Dr are needed more.
There are a lot of reasons why he may have settled here. When we get good Dr in our area we should just be grateful to have them not invent bad reasons for them being here.
Reality bites

Huntington, WV

#40 Apr 20, 2017
Skippy wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't know about Dr Rushton but a lot of Drs are recruited out of med school. Sometimes to join Drs that have already Established a practice. Some are given incentives to move to more rural areas where Dr are needed more.
There are a lot of reasons why he may have settled here. When we get good Dr in our area we should just be grateful to have them not invent bad reasons for them being here.
Your thoughtful assessment includes several valid points. However , the idea of having to express gratuity for access too competent health care providers seems... skewed. Heath care should be a right not a luxury too be grateful for.
If you had met the good doctor Rushton I'm fairly sure you'd agree he comes off as misogynistic and his aura of self importance is obvious . It's always easier too feel like a big fish in a lil pond.. None of which has anything to do with whether or not he's a qualified physician. His personality, Im compelled too agree with the thread title .. he's got the bedside manner of a slug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 398 10 min MarkJ- 3
Female Employees Work Attendance Horrible 1 hr MarkJ- 105
Another disgruntled liberal shoots up a school 1 hr MarkJ- 207
America Held Hostage Day 397 2 hr MarkJ- 15
Hook up sites 4 hr Church Lady 23
Food Backpacks for Teachers Strike 5 hr Stephen 2
pagans mc (Sep '10) 5 hr Tobin Frost 335

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance