rebellious teen boys
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned parent

Ardsley, NY

#1 May 16, 2012
I have a teenage son that has became so rebellious, has an I don't care attitude, to going from a A-B student to D-F's. It's not that he has a hard life and that's a fact. Just seems he doesn't care about anything. He doesn't try in school anymore, doesn't care what his punishments are because in HIS eyes it's always someone else's fault ex:teacher or I'm just mean because i take something away or punish him. He's definitely heading down a bad road and I'm not real sure where to go from here. I've taken everything possible away...he's had his fair share of spankings....YES I firmly believe in spanking when it's deserved. Any info parents could give me would be greatly appreciated.
youGotItDude

Moneta, VA

#2 May 16, 2012
concerned parent wrote:
I have a teenage son that has became so rebellious, has an I don't care attitude, to going from a A-B student to D-F's. It's not that he has a hard life and that's a fact. Just seems he doesn't care about anything. He doesn't try in school anymore, doesn't care what his punishments are because in HIS eyes it's always someone else's fault ex:teacher or I'm just mean because i take something away or punish him. He's definitely heading down a bad road and I'm not real sure where to go from here. I've taken everything possible away...he's had his fair share of spankings....YES I firmly believe in spanking when it's deserved. Any info parents could give me would be greatly appreciated.
So you physically hurt your kid and then wonder why he doesn't honor you? Seriously, get an education and take some psych classes.
really

Dallas, TX

#3 May 16, 2012
youGotItDude wrote:
<quoted text>So you physically hurt your kid and then wonder why he doesn't honor you? Seriously, get an education and take some psych classes.
I'm an 18 year old and my parents spanked me as a kid, and I honor and respect them very much. I know I deserved every bit of it and no it wasn't like they beat me or anything but it was the point of teaching us that what we did was wrong. Use to it was weird for parents to not spank their kids, now everyone is so scared that CPS will get called over nothing. Like I said someone spanking a kid is different than beating them or anything like that.
Sanya

Huntington, WV

#4 May 16, 2012
youGotItDude wrote:
<quoted text>So you physically hurt your kid and then wonder why he doesn't honor you? Seriously, get an education and take some psych classes.
That's what wrong with kids today...they DIDNT get spanked enough!!! Look at kids 30 years ago, and kids now. And you're really gonna say that the 'politically correct' way of patenting of today is working better?!?!??
Bust their butts when needed!
(butts...not faces, not arms, legs...butts!$
weewee

Ardsley, NY

#5 May 16, 2012
youGotItDude wrote:
youre a fuckingg dumbass
concerned parent

Ardsley, NY

#6 May 16, 2012
Trust me he's definitely NOT abused...if he deserves to be spanked it is for his own good and lesson and that it best not be repeated again....bring the bible and paddling back in school and the problems would be way less....being a single mother of 2 boys and 1 girl can be challenging for sure...as a working mother I do the best I can and try to make the best decisions in correcting them. Just seems everything I do for my teenage boy just doesn't work
concerned parent

Ardsley, NY

#7 May 16, 2012
youGotItDude wrote:
Evidentially you must not know the difference in correcting a child not abusing a child. You must be one of those "people" that yell call CPS or 911....actually I've had all those classes as I accomplished my educational career at Marshall.
concerned parent

Ardsley, NY

#8 May 16, 2012
weewee wrote:
<quoted text>youre a fuckingg dumbass
You took the words right outta my mouth.....he/she prolly doesn't even have a child so therefore never had to encounter any issues.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#9 May 16, 2012
Have you tried listening to him? I mean really open up the path for him to talk and express what exactly on his mind, with no interruptions from you?

I have never had to punish my son, not ever. No such thing as bad kids, only bad parents.
concerned parent

Ardsley, NY

#10 May 16, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
Have you tried listening to him? I mean really open up the path for him to talk and express what exactly on his mind, with no interruptions from you?

I have never had to punish my son, not ever. No such thing as bad kids, only bad parents.
Never said he was a bad kid because i know he's NOT! Yes he and I talk openly all the time. He knows he has an open door with me.
concerned parent

Ardsley, NY

#11 May 16, 2012
I've never had issues with him until this past year.
Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12 May 16, 2012
Don't listen to
Spleen if they have kids u can bet ur a** they are nasty fat sloppy ugly kids that will never amount to anything just like their mother/father
Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 May 16, 2012
Oh yes spleen stfu b**ch
Stender
Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14 May 16, 2012
its the ppl he hangs out with probably
concerned parent

Ardsley, NY

#15 May 16, 2012
Stender wrote:
its the ppl he hangs out with probably
I'm starting to lean in that direction. After I went through his phone and read some texts and seen some pics etc....I think that may just be some if not a lot of the problem...people may think I'm
Wrong for going through it but he's a teenager, under my roof and I pay the bill!! So...
hmmm

Lynchburg, VA

#16 May 16, 2012
concerned parent wrote:
I had to reread this because I thought I had written it. I have had the same exact situation, literally word for word, what you describe. The only thing that helped was getting him out of here. The kids are so mouthy today. I am dealing with young teens who think they are going to tell me what to do and older teens who think they can terrorize you. I busted one kids butt and not the other (different sexes) and it doesn't matter whether you spanked or not, all the kids are acting this way. Spoiled ones, Christians, and the hell raisers.

Your kid is probably doing drugs and not so much because he is an addict but for the social aspect of it. Its the pitiful pieces of trash around here that supply their kids who have always been problems, who are now supplying our kids with rides and money, etc. Parents have lied to me about my kids. I have never seen anything like it. I will also tell you that with all the group homes around here, they funnel into one school and that has basically turned the school into an alternative school. It has no structure and no reward and the kids get confused as to why things are not working out like mom and dad told them....if you work hard, try hard, be a good kid, you will get rewarded.....NOT. And now, they hate you because you are a liar. And on top of that, everyone acts like you are wacko and over-reacting because "this is typical teenage behavior".....no it is not. Unfortunately, since you are the only one finding a problem with it, everyone makes you out to the be that bad guy, out to take your kid's life away from him. And, if he starts a fight with you, he has a reason in his mind to leave and then get to do what he wants.

The kids are partying really hard up on the road by the tri-state airport. If they live down here and they disappear and you can't locate them, try there. About this time, they start camping up there and everyone claims they are spending the night with each other. Thank God for butt dialing.
Stender
Level 2

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17 May 16, 2012
you got too now days all it is now days is drugs n partying
1 post removed
hmmm

Lynchburg, VA

#19 May 16, 2012
youGotItDude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you physically hurt your kid and then wonder why he doesn't honor you? Seriously, get an education and take some psych classes.
Dude, you sound like one of those brats we are talking about! Seems you didn't get spanked enough. I really like your reference to psychology.....if you knew anything about it, you would know that psychology is based on opinion. If nothing bad happens, then it "works" but you never know when it works until it doesn't. Then the whole science is changed.!
hmmm

Lynchburg, VA

#20 May 16, 2012
concerned parent wrote:
I also want to add, your kid sounds smart and as with my kid, his mind was driving him nuts. He had racing thoughts, which are typical of intelligent children and people. I learned my son became restless and the partiers were the only ones that stayed active, since this place is so boring and the education is not challenging and the sports suck and their friends suck. They don't call this the most depressing city for nothing.

Level 2

Since: Jun 10

Huntington, WV

#21 May 16, 2012
KVC helped my family a lot when my boys were younger... Sometimes kids just need an adult other then a parent to talk to...

http://www.kvc.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fresh Fart Tuesday 6 min Poopoo tofuu youyou 4
Cant understand the freshfart, poo lover onhere 8 min Poopoo tofuu youyou 1
Poop 12 min Poopoo tofuu youyou 10
HPV Causes Several Different Cancers 14 min Salty dog 4
Why are all the Pawn Shops in Huntington CLOSING? 24 min Brutis 27
America Held Hostage Day 94 27 min MarkJ- 3
Sheetz Westend 57 min Brenda Stone 6

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance