Serious-How close is WV coming to legalize medical marijuana?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CntryGirl420

New York, NY

#1 Aug 24, 2011
I know several states have already done so. But I don't know WV's stance of legalizing marijuana for medicinal use.
I'm 36 yr old female, never took a drug in my life, that wasnt prescribed.(Tho doctors here seem to be very quick with their pen & prescription pads) I was dealing with Anxiety & severe depression that had ruined my life (even with a cocktail of Prozac, anti anxiety pills, Zoloft & any/every other meds you can think of, that doctors have had me on since I was 12).
A year ago, I tried smoking weed for the 1st time. And I can't even begin to tell you the improvements it has made in my life.
I'm off all medication. I only smoke at night. Sometimes I *will* smoke a little during the day, if I have a stressful situation coming up, that normally I would've had to take a Xanax-but now, I just take one puff, & stress is gone.
I've actually been happy, laughing & enjoying life,(but not "messed up" or "stoned") unlike before.
But with it being illegal, it forces some people to have to deal with "drug dealers" (pills, meth, coke). I don't, but others do.
How close is WV, to changing the laws on medical marijuana?
Does anyone else feel this way?
How can doctors continue to prescribe roxycontin, xanax's, lortabs, percocets, to an already-addicted City, but the thought of prescribing an herb is just blasphemous to some people?
hopeful

United States

#2 Aug 24, 2011
Check into WV hb 3251.
Single4Ever

Charleston, WV

#3 Aug 24, 2011
You make a sound argument for a medical reason to logalize marijuana. Unfortunately, there is a misconception that pot is a gateway drug to more severe, harmful narcotics. I have seen evidence both ways, but I do not find that to be a valid reason not to legalize, or at least decriminalize, pot.

It will be many years before you see that action taken in WV, unfortunately.
juan hunglo

Astoria, NY

#4 Aug 24, 2011
Single4Ever wrote:
You make a sound argument for a medical reason to logalize marijuana. Unfortunately, there is a misconception that pot is a gateway drug to more severe, harmful narcotics. I have seen evidence both ways, but I do not find that to be a valid reason not to legalize, or at least decriminalize, pot.

It will be many years before you see that action taken in WV, unfortunately.
I don't mean to seem argumentative but oxycontin is definately a gateway drug to heroin but for some reason that's fine. I say smoke it if you like it and leave it alone if you don't it's not anyone's business but your own.
me of course

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 24, 2011
Weed is the gateway drug to...the presidency, ceo of fortune 500 companies, being a dr, lawyer, even a judge. So if you don't want to be a sucess in life stay away from weed....420!!!!!
American Heretic

Huntington, WV

#6 Aug 24, 2011
I for one am in cronic pain all of the time. Plus I have GBS as well of having seziers. It would make me deal with the pain and help me sleep as well of helping me eat. Plus it would help prevent seziers. I would be also be happy to pay that tax.. IF the state does NOT legalize it then the state is losing a lot of money by not legalizing it for taxes. Plus it would help create many jobs here when so many people here are out of work.. This is some thing that MUST be push into law here by the people pushing their state bone-heads into making it legal. Please contact all of the state bone-heads and make it their reason for being in office. Remember that they work for us we the people, And they need to be reminded of that fact...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Huntington, WV

#7 Aug 24, 2011
All of you fine people who support House Bill 3251 please take some time out of your day and contact your local house rep and let them know that West Virginians support this bill!
American Heretic

Huntington, WV

#8 Aug 24, 2011
Yes please people of West-Virgina contact your state reps and tell them that you support this bill and then remind them that they work for you the people of West-Virgina and that they have to make it legal, Then tell them that they can be and will be voted out IF they don't make it legal. Plus also tell them that they are making a huge mistake by not making it legal. Because making it legal and then tax it the whole state of West-Virgina would then make a lot of money from it being legal..
WOW

Oakvale, WV

#9 Aug 24, 2011
American Heretic wrote:
Yes please people of West-Virgina contact your state reps and tell them that you support this bill and then remind them that they work for you the people of West-Virgina and that they have to make it legal, Then tell them that they can be and will be voted out IF they don't make it legal. Plus also tell them that they are making a huge mistake by not making it legal. Because making it legal and then tax it the whole state of West-Virgina would then make a lot of money from it being legal..
as long as this is part of the southern baptis belt way...it will never be legal!!!
Petition

Scott Depot, WV

#10 Aug 24, 2011
Petition

Scott Depot, WV

#11 Aug 24, 2011
An even better bill is HR 2306. A federal bill to pass legislation to end the prohibition of marijuana. You can send an email to your state representative from this link:

http://hr2306.org/
Never

Charleston, WV

#12 Aug 24, 2011
I've never taken a toke and never will. But criminalizing marijuana is utterly stupid. I don't care one way or the other about the arguments for or against.

The cost is just astronomical to enforce FAILING laws that PROHIBIT PERSONAL CHOICE. This choice has nothing to do with a crime, but rather, whether a person is truly free to make choices that do not hurt others.

I don't think an adult needs to be ORDERED to wear a seat belt or a motorcycle helmet. It may be silly not to wear them, but that is a choice adults should make, not some WELL-BOUGHT politician in Charleston or D.C.

The facts are that OUR POLICE OFFICERS pay locals to grow marijuana in order to go out and FIND IT so they can get HUGE grants from the Fed to continue hunting. No doubt a HUGE amount of that HUGE amount gets siphoned off and ends up in OUR LOCAL judges, lawyers, & cops pockets.

Just one more money game by politicians and those with the power to profit from the business.

IT AIN'T NEVER GONNA BE LEGAL B/C TOO MANY COPS, JUDGES, & POLITICIANS ARE USING IT AND MAKING A FORTUNE FROM PROHIBITING OTHERS FROM USING IT.
ONE WAY

Charleston, WV

#13 Aug 24, 2011
The ONLY way to legalize it is by Constitutional Amendment. That is the only way to prevent the judges & politicians from intervening on the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

Guarantee a drive to get it on the ballot in WV would pass b/c so many are fed up with wasting so much $$ trying to enforce these stupid marijuana laws.

LEGALIZE IT AND TAX THE HELL OUT OF IT.
American Heretic

Huntington, WV

#14 Aug 25, 2011
Well once the people wake up and then stand up and make sure to let the state reps know that you as a voter that you are pissed for them NOT working for you. Let them know that they can be and WILL be voted out IF they don't start working for us we the people of West-Virgina. Plus it will help if the people can and will get the word out to all of the people of West-Virgina.There are more of us than the police and bone-heads in office. It's time that they know that..
CntryGirl420

New York, NY

#15 Aug 25, 2011
Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug. DOCTORS are the Gateway To Addiction.

It just seems ridiculous, having marijuana illegal! Schools taught me to 'fear' weed, that I would destroy my life & everyone's around me, if I just took one puff.
(Anyone ever seen that black & white 1930's movie "Reefer Madness"?)
I went most my life believing those lies that teachers & schools pounded into our heads. I used to look down on weed, & anyone who smoked it.
Then I buried a best friend, died from drinking on Xanax's, Oxy's & driving over an embankment.
Then I found my younger uncle, laying dead on his bed-OD'd from a combo of morphine, roxy's, xanax's, & duladid (sp?).
My brother, is now a needle junkie. My ex wife, is now a needle junkie. 80% of my graduating class-they are either addicted to snorting, swallowing or injecting pain pills, or nerve pills, or addicted to meth.
Most of them became addicted by taking their 1st pill, by a prescription-happy Doctor.
And I'm wondering--HOW THE H3LL is writing scripts to addicts, legal? But if you smoke weed, you get looked down upon? How can a patient walk into Dr Webbs office, in long sleeves to cover there track marks, 30 lbs underweight, sweating, sniffing & shaking, and Doc Webb happily hands over 120 Roxy 30's, 120 Oxy 60's-before they stopped making them-and 120 Valium's (because apparently he has morality issues with prescribing Xanax).
If it WAS decriminalized, jails wouldn't be so over crowded. People would be more relaxed. I think the depression rate would plummet. And stocks in Frito Lay & Taco Bell would soar!
I would much rather have someone smoke weed now, rather than cigarettes.
What's worse? Taking Xanax's, spending years to find the right antidepressant (and it's dosage) to see if it *might* work? Getting addicted to the nerve pills, then graduate to pain pills, then heroin?
Or take a puff & relax?
Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug. DOCTORS are the Gateway To Addiction.
DopeHedz

Astoria, NY

#16 Aug 25, 2011
Wv has already legalizes crack, oxycontin, percersetz, hydrocodone etc, because it couldn't be illegal. my entire block does all the above.
CntryGirl420

New York, NY

#17 Aug 25, 2011
Oh my son has ADHD & ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder). His whole life I have researched ways to help him, WITHOUT addicting & mind altering meds, like Adderal.
Looking online, I seen a doctor in California (of course lol) who actually prescribed Pot Muffins to children w/ ADHD/ADD/ODD. A half a muffin in morning, half in late afternoon. At the time, parents raved that their children were focusing in school, well behaved, smiling, laughing, becoming part of the family again. I STILL wonder how that worked out for those kids in the long run. LOL
BTW--do you parents know, that ADD/ADHD meds, such as Adderal, Concerta, Ritalin,*causes* Tourettes Syndrome? We actually broke down, when my son was 5 years old & tried Concerta, for only 6 mnths. Aside from him 'zoning' out, not sleeping, looking like a walking zombie...he started getting tics too. The tics got SO bad, that even after we took him off Concerta after 5/6 mnths...it took SIX YEARS for the tics to completely go away!
I'm wondering, if in 50 years, will we be prescribing Pot Muffins to unruly kids! LoL
(Not saying I agree w/ Kids eating pot muffins, just posting info I found about CHILDREN and Medicenal Marijuana.)
CntryGirl420

New York, NY

#18 Aug 25, 2011
DopeHedz wrote:
Wv has already legalizes crack, oxycontin, percersetz, hydrocodone etc, because it couldn't be illegal. my entire block does all the above.
I've never heard of a doctor prescribing Crack....he must has his office in the back alley of Artisan Ave
DopeHedz

Astoria, NY

#19 Aug 25, 2011
CntryGirl420 wrote:
Oh my son has ADHD & ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder). His whole life I have researched ways to help him, WITHOUT addicting & mind altering meds, like Adderal.
Looking online, I seen a doctor in California (of course lol) who actually prescribed Pot Muffins to children w/ ADHD/ADD/ODD. A half a muffin in morning, half in late afternoon. At the time, parents raved that their children were focusing in school, well behaved, smiling, laughing, becoming part of the family again. I STILL wonder how that worked out for those kids in the long run. LOL
BTW--do you parents know, that ADD/ADHD meds, such as Adderal, Concerta, Ritalin,*causes* Tourettes Syndrome? We actually broke down, when my son was 5 years old & tried Concerta, for only 6 mnths. Aside from him 'zoning' out, not sleeping, looking like a walking zombie...he started getting tics too. The tics got SO bad, that even after we took him off Concerta after 5/6 mnths...it took SIX YEARS for the tics to completely go away!
I'm wondering, if in 50 years, will we be prescribing Pot Muffins to unruly kids! LoL
(Not saying I agree w/ Kids eating pot muffins, just posting info I found about CHILDREN and Medicenal Marijuana.)
the gov has created legislation to empower all the family doctors and teachers to quickly diagnose all children as adhd etc...big pharma wants everyone on a pill. they are turning your son into a mindless obiedient zombie with those meds.
CntryGirl420

New York, NY

#20 Aug 25, 2011
DopeHedz wrote:
<quoted text>the gov has created legislation to empower all the family doctors and teachers to quickly diagnose all children as adhd etc...big pharma wants everyone on a pill. they are turning your son into a mindless obiedient zombie with those meds.
Oh no no...this was YEARS ago. And after exhausting every options (reward charts, chore charts, time outs, reverse phycology, counseling & more counseling, family counseling, changing his diet) we tried meds for only 6 months..but it took SIX YEARS after he quit taking it for the side effects to go away!
You are completely right! They want our kids zoned out, well behaved no matter what the effects are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charges Dropped 12 min hmmmm 8
Michael Christian from Gdotte 25 min Wow 12
Z brick pizza 29 min lazyguy 6
Bad breath how to tell someone it's atrocious 52 min Juanita 27
public defender shawn bartram good or bad lawyer 1 hr get your facts right 10
Name something Conservatives have done for this... (Oct '13) 1 hr Deobfuscate 60
Courtney Crabtree snitching on her Detroit hero... 1 hr courtney Crabtree 8
Kelly Ann Cicalese (May '14) 3 hr ideatit 91
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:56 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:56AM