Jeffrey George Comfort House closing
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mother n law

Hurricane, WV

#25 Feb 28, 2014
politics wrote:
No. The surprise concerns the comfort house.
Shewwww . As an employee you always worry about those surprises.... Lol

I hope it doesn't take the surprise as long as it did for the Highlawn Baptist acquisition to become more than speculation. ; )
geewhizzzzzz

Lerona, WV

#26 Feb 28, 2014
I read in the herald dispatch that the got a HUGE anonymous donation, like a 1/2 million I believe was the amount, not sure of the exact amount I just know that it was on the front page of the Herald Dispatch a couple days ago about the donation
politics

Huntington, WV

#27 Mar 3, 2014
Yes they received a donation but as is reported today on herald dispatch.com the donor has withdrawn his help. I understand it will
be closing.
1 post removed
Redneck

Huntington, WV

#29 Mar 4, 2014
Politics wrote:
A lot of sketchy things have happened there with their finances. Stay tuned
What I've read is that people want the volunteer director to step down but she won't. Is she the problem or is she the scape goat?
Thunder Rules

Huntington, WV

#30 Mar 4, 2014
Amazing...That director is asked to step down by the board and she refuses? I'd run away just like that donor did. Something fishy in the house.
Coy boy

Bladensburg, MD

#31 Mar 5, 2014
Poorly ran... From the Board on down.
Politics

Hockessin, DE

#32 Mar 5, 2014
Redneck, Thunder Rules and Coy Boy are all correct. Sketchy
Big Jon

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Mar 7, 2014
nosey wrote:
<quoted text>
which Dr.?
George
The truth

Charleston, WV

#34 Mar 9, 2014
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What I've read is that people want the volunteer director to step down but she won't. Is she the problem or is she the scape goat?

From what I have heard she is the problem with the house not recieving the support from multiple donors over the years, including the area's major hospitals, whom have had bad experiences with her. It is a shame that such a great asset to our community could be closed because of her actions. It is not her house but she seems to think that it is based up on her actions. That's what I think...
Neighbor to house

Huntington, WV

#35 Jun 19, 2014
I agree it is a shame to see this house close. During the past month neighbors have watched items being removed from the house and wondered what was going on. Lately furniture, TV's and other items have been removed. Cars coming and going all hours of night. This week have even seen older TV's being brought in and flat screens going out!!! No wonder this house is going down and it has nothing to do with SMMC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
East end break-ins 28 min Crackheads 56
Bring segregation back to America! 56 min Nancy 11
Tri state pawn downtown 1 hr Lol 11
Job at Bateman Hospital (Jul '15) 1 hr Wondering out loud 17
Why haven't the hospitals merged? 2 hr Harriet blanche t... 1
Drug testing at Sheetz (Oct '11) 2 hr 8675309lmao 79
smmc open heart 2 hr Bbu 8
Huntington is the pit of hell 3 hr FOGLE FUHSHO 63

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web