First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Man

Hansford, WV

#1 Jun 2, 2013
What gives Hpd the right to pull over and check every boat that launches from a boat ramp that WV property no Huntington City limits is it? Are the rules different for the water than on land? probable cause? WTF I Think this new boat has to earn its keep. Not bad enough that there are 100's of unsolved crimes in Huntington.
Leon

Huntington, WV

#2 Jun 2, 2013
Like they need more cops on the river. They already have the coast guard, DNR, state police, and lawrence county boats out there. There is getting to be more cops than pleasure boats. And to beat it all they wanted to add a city income tax to pay for such bull crap.
The Man

Hansford, WV

#3 Jun 2, 2013
I can't see how it's HPD place, DNR yes, Coast Guard yes, but I would like to see the law.
InTheKnow

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Jun 2, 2013
Actually what people dont know, Huntington juristiction on the river goes along way from the city itself. Several miles up and down the river. Even though its called the "ohio" river, huntington goes all the way to the banks of ohio. Same reason why HPD does all the accident reports on the bridges. The boat and all the goodies with it were purchased with grant money. HPD can check boats the same as everyone else does. Safety equipement. Get use to it, its here to stay.
C.O.

Chesapeake, OH

#5 Jun 2, 2013
The Man wrote:
What gives Hpd the right to pull over and check every boat that launches from a boat ramp that WV property no Huntington City limits is it? Are the rules different for the water than on land? probable cause? WTF I Think this new boat has to earn its keep. Not bad enough that there are 100's of unsolved crimes in Huntington.
Yes they have full jurisdiction all the way to Ohio . And they have the right to board any vessel or barge they want. Some people are crazy & unsafe out there . I'm a boater myself but it doesn't bother me , I do nothing wrong out there.
C.O.

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Jun 2, 2013
Leon wrote:
Like they need more cops on the river. They already have the coast guard, DNR, state police, and lawrence county boats out there. There is getting to be more cops than pleasure boats. And to beat it all they wanted to add a city income tax to pay for such bull crap.
It was bought from Federal Grant money .
C.O.

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Jun 2, 2013
InTheKnow wrote:
Actually what people dont know, Huntington juristiction on the river goes along way from the city itself. Several miles up and down the river. Even though its called the "ohio" river, huntington goes all the way to the banks of ohio. Same reason why HPD does all the accident reports on the bridges. The boat and all the goodies with it were purchased with grant money. HPD can check boats the same as everyone else does. Safety equipement. Get use to it, its here to stay.
THANK YOU ! & you are exactally right it's actually Wv's river so therefore HPD has full jurisdiction on the river . I think it's an AWSOME boat , I've been on it & I think it's a good thing . Some of these people complain about it , but in all actuality they may save some lives 1 day
The Man

Ardsley, NY

#8 Jun 2, 2013
InTheKnow wrote:
Where is that a city ordnance that?
The Man

Ardsley, NY

#9 Jun 2, 2013
Wv river not Huntington's river I want the code that gives them the right by law.
Hurr Durr

Proctorville, OH

#10 Jun 2, 2013
InTheKnow wrote:
Completely WRONG .. get on Google Maps and look at the state lines. You will clearly see that there is a boundary line in the river.
ME Me

Huntington, WV

#11 Jun 2, 2013
Drugs and guns are being transported on the ohio river, Hpd will finally get the upper hand now that they have a boat
InTheKnow

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Jun 2, 2013
Hurr Durr wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely WRONG .. get on Google Maps and look at the state lines. You will clearly see that there is a boundary line in the river.
LOL.. Sorry but your wrong. I work there a beleive I know where my juristiction lines are.
A-bomb

Chesapeake, OH

#13 Jun 2, 2013
InTheKnow wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.. Sorry but your wrong. I work there a beleive I know where my juristiction lines are.
Am I right tho the juristiction goes all the way to Ohio on the river ?
The Man

United States

#14 Jun 2, 2013
Hurr Durr wrote:
<quoted text>Completely WRONG .. get on Google Maps and look at the state lines. You will clearly see that there is a boundary line in the river.
HPD has no reason to be out of the town of Huntington yes the ohio river belongs to WV but is that Huntington city limits by law. If so give me the law or statute number.
The Man

United States

#15 Jun 2, 2013
InTheKnow wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.. Sorry but your wrong. I work there a beleive I know where my juristiction lines are.
You might know what you have been told I want FACT!
Boater

United States

#16 Jun 2, 2013
I agree if you know so much what's the law where is the city code that says the waters Huntington pd not sheriff or state police jurisdiction ???
Boater

United States

#17 Jun 2, 2013
The Man wrote:
Not all property with a Huntington address is in Huntington city limits. That's a fact!
really

Huntington, WV

#18 Jun 2, 2013
so the HPD is now the river trying to solve crimes when they can`t solve the problems on land what at joke
aka

United States

#19 Jun 2, 2013
A-bomb wrote:
<quoted text>Am I right tho the juristiction goes all the way to Ohio on the river ?
Huntington city limits go to ohio side of river. Where is the proof??
A-bomb

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Jun 2, 2013
aka wrote:
<quoted text>Huntington city limits go to ohio side of river. Where is the proof??
I honestly do not know , but I would guess if you have such a problem with it go down to H.P.D. & find out & complain . If you want , I just know that the river belongs to West Virginia it's on an old map & documents I have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
for blacks.most important civil rights case in... 2 min protect from trump 16
Overdoses 6 min Tammy 10
Now's the time to clean out drug dealers 8 min Cyborg 35
Adult emporium 24 min peter 6
Kesha and her new junkie 29 min wow 46
JB's rt 60 29 min bobbie 2
Why do blacks make up bogus history 33 min protect from trump 91
Cabell HELP!!!!! 13 hr Trumpnation 33

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web