Why do people who pay the least taxes...
Look Around

Huntington, WV

#145 Sep 7, 2012
judy wrote:
They have a lot of kids.
If you have a lot of kids, it makes it nice too, you get all kinds of free crap through welfare, of course screwing over the tax payers, seems you stay continuously knocked up, it pays.
Take for instance, I am standing in line at our pharmacy, there is a woman at the counter to pick up her medication, 4 kids tugging at her screaming, mommy, mommy, she is at least 8 months knocked up.
Her medication came to $635.00..she pays for it with her welfare medical card.
I get up to pay for mine, my bill comes to $400.00....guess who left with her medication, guess who left without hers?
BUT, I have to drag my sick, hurting azz out of bed to support her, like she is EVER going to get a job....something seriously needs to be done about the welfare leaches, there are EVERYWHERE in out area.
I need dental work done, root canal, guess what, I can't afford my medication, what does it tell you about the root canal I need, but if I stayed knocked up, made a career off of leaching, I would get it free....phucking great huh?
AND NO I do NOT live beyond my means...thank you
Cheaper to get it pulled.
429rjt

Naperville, IL

#146 Sep 13, 2012
Great, they don t make alot. Give them back what they paid in taxes. Why do we give them that and then some. To the above if you get back more than you paid in taxes, guess what your not paying taxes like me
earl dingess jr

Springfield, NJ

#147 Sep 13, 2012
most people on some kind of gov assistance spend it all anyway. and if they do get a big refund that gets blown too. in a round a bout way the tax payer gets some back. still I'm much better off with my job than anybody on gov aid.
Mamma Eater

Huntington, WV

#148 Sep 13, 2012
because the IRS is trying to destroy the country.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#149 Sep 14, 2012
had it up to here wrote:
I don't know about you, but I am fed up with hearing about welfare mongers getting giant tax refund checks. People who have a bunch of kids they can't afford and get assistance for should not get giant tax refunds. They should have to pay a portion back for the food stamps they gobble up and their kids medical cards if they recieved assistance that tax year. Why do people not on welfare, foodstamps, medicaid, have to pay for people who are then as a bonus we shower them with a huge refund check every February? The system is broken and needs to be fixed. We reward people for making terrible descisions in this country and penalize the ones that try to do things for themselves without aid from the federal and state government.
Someone has sold you a bad bill of goods. You are blaming the symptom and not the cause. First, no one gets back in taxes more than they put in prior to that refund. That person on welfare could probably not afford to have the taxes taken out to begin with, but at tax time,showed that they had the necessary eligibility to get back some if not all of the taxes they had already paid earlier. The "portions" had already been taken out all along.
In your world, people make all the right decisions all of the time. In my world,(that's planet earth in the here & now) people make mistakes. Some people ( that is to say a LOT of people) find themselves in bad positions because of circumstances beyond their control. Show me a person who thinks they are actually in control, and I will show you an idiot. Of course, you will always have free-loaders, the Clinton plan helped eradicate some of that. No system is perfect, nor will ever be, and that is defined by someone always pissed off that someone doesn't have to work as hard as they do to obtain nearly the same quality of life. Life is unfair. Deal with it.
The average person ( proven by the mess we are in now) is ill-equipped to handle the onslaught of tactics dictated to us by the banks and credit card companies. Derivatives, usury, refinancing, credit ratings and a host of hundreds of other terms that people simply did not need to know 40 years ago.
Back then, you could put your child thru college, OWN your home and a car, and live in a decent neighborhood, all while working one job, that required very little training.
This isn't the case anymore. Health insurance was not any type of issue back then. Almost everyone had it and nearly all employers gave it. But it has gone from 3% of our income to 17%.
Housing and transportation make up 60% of our income. You add food, education, clothing, grooming, entertainment, holidays, tech services: like cel phones, internet and satellite, and gifts to that equation and you are in the hole before taxes. This wouldn't be a problem if income's proportionally rose to offset these rising expenses. Obviously it has not.
When I was growing up, the banks paid 9.4% interest. Everyone had a job, most all had pride, little crime, drugs were for recreating- not a desperation, public schools were fine, college was affordable ( very few student loans) But to blame the American people for the negative change is to assume they had a real hand in it to begin with. Thats the illusion. The system you write of is built on greed and deregulations and cronied in nepotism and is virtually impregnable. As only a micro % of the people with the power caused this problem over the past 40 years, the vast majority has had nothing to do with it. If we are at all to blame, its only our wrongly-assumed civil duty in voting these a-holes in to cause the damage.

Level 2

Since: Mar 10

Barboursville, WV

#150 Sep 15, 2012
This issue has gone on for years and though we complain about it often, has anyone sat down and sent a email to your state and federal congressmen stating that limiting time and amounts on assistance is important to you? and that to continue to get your vote,they need to suport welfare reform? we need to take back our government and use our votes to make our legislators held resonsible. Welfare should never be a way of life, it was intended to assist during hard times not generation after generation.
Sara

Owosso, MI

#151 Dec 28, 2012
Wow... I am also a divorced mother of 2. So..it's my fault that I "CHOSE" a loser to lay down with and it's my fault that he cheated or wouldn't man up and be responsible? You know, I didn't realize he was a loser when I met him at church and he was wonderful for a while. And as for having unprotected sex and getting pregnant... that's kind of what people do when they get married. I thought I was safe as a married woman to have a child if I chose to.

I understand the original poster's vent about people who actually have children every couple years to keep collecting benefits and they live in a trailer park and do nothing. But I work full time and have a college degree. So I'm sorry if I get a refund back. I'm sorry that your taxes are paying for my family, the elderly, the sick and disabled. Looks like we single mothers would be better off if men would be responsible and act like men. But they don't and women are having to take up the slack for it. I've apologized for all the single women out there who didn't "CHOOSE" to be left behind by someone we thought would be a responsible husband and father. So you gentlemen can apologize to US for all the men out there who can lie and lay down with a woman and leave her alone and financially unstable with children. There, I've had MY rant.
wonder

Flatwoods, KY

#152 Dec 28, 2012
My son in law would work a couple months out of the yr just long enough to file taxes, lived of the state, while I payed their rent , bought what the baby's needed, and would get back about 6to7 thousand back which would get blown
tired of it all

Ona, WV

#153 Dec 28, 2012
yes i get about 5 thousand back on my taxes. but i work hard all year. its not my fault that i'm not smart enough to get a better job. or that my employer won't pay me a descent wage or give me enough hours so anytime you want to exchange lives and let me make big bucks live in a nice house drive a nice car.then call me i won't cry about helping someone else who has nothing.
Prettyfly Forawhiteguy

Martinsburg, WV

#154 Dec 28, 2012
It is a plan by the gov to implode the economy. It depletes the tax base, devalues the currency. The sooner it happens, the sooner they can take your rights, take your guns, organize slave labor low wage sweat shops, take your property, and we can become a United Nations foreign state. That is their plan.
Lurkin

United States

#155 Dec 28, 2012
I'm all for social Darwinism. If you can't make it on your own tuff crap not everyone else's problem to support you and your damn kids. Maybe if you had kept your legs together you wouldn't be in the position to reley on others.
Upset about ignorance

Letart, WV

#156 Jan 20, 2013
Look i am a mother of a 17 month old boy. My son wears a size 2T at 17 months. I draw assistance from the state in foodstamps. But the funny thing is, is that i never not once have i ever received some bug giant check for taxes. when i was pregnant i worked daily 8 hour shifts standing on my feet dealing with people all day, working at McDonalds. I never once seen any of my check bc it ALL went to bills, rent, and other essentials that were NEEDED NOT wanted, but truely NEEDED. I worked sometimes double shifts when i had to just to make ends meet. All while being 7-8-and 9 months pregnant. The father of my son was in school and couldnt work until he had surgery on his right leg due to an ATV accident. I need the help from the state that i get, or my son wouldnt have food, and a lot of the time i dont eat so my son can. To the point of what i am saying, When i filed my taxes i only got around $500.00 back in all. So before you go calling people money hungry on your tax money, make damn sure that someone like me dont see it, bc this is offending weather you mean it to be or not. We dont live off of your money, when we work just as hard as you do for the taxes we receive back, and for what we are drawing from the state. So when you figure out how the people on welfare make so much back let me know so i can get a good bit back as well. My son is still sleeping in a play pen, ALL the clothes he wears where given to me by family members, and my friends by his diapers and wipes. So yeah let me know where u get this big giant income tax return at when it comes to people on welfare. Just saying.
Upset about ignorance

Letart, WV

#157 Jan 20, 2013
Lurkin wrote:
I'm all for social Darwinism. If you can't make it on your own tuff crap not everyone else's problem to support you and your damn kids. Maybe if you had kept your legs together you wouldn't be in the position to reley on others.
And as for you, you would deff be in the same situation if you had a child, i would almost bet you are one of those people who had everything handed to you on a gold platter, but saying that would be like you opening your mouth on the people that you know nothing about. It is an accusation that may or may not be true and as for legs being together you should take your advice when it comes to your mouth. You dont know, that childs mother could have been a serious accident and can no longer work, or like me working doubles at McDonalds at 7-8 and 9 months pregnant, just to make ends meet, and it still does work. now that i had my son the lady that gave me my epidural fucked up and ruined my satica nerve on my left side from lower back to my toes on my left foot, i cant work. so again i am saying you dont know people. hell when i file my taxes i only got around $500 back in all. so speak wisely when you speak about something or dont speak at all. and trust me i dont rely on you or anyone else. i draw foodstamps thats it. and to be honest i had to suck up my pride to go and apply for them. I have paid my dues when it comes to taxes and my husband pays them still.
jess

Milford, MI

#158 Jan 21, 2013
Shoot I dunno

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Indian Trail, NC

#159 Feb 2, 2013
thatsjustrude wrote:
first of all my me & my ex were completely finacially stable when we had both of our children!!!! he had surgery & got hooked on the pain pills afterwards & hasn't made anny attempt to get better, not mine or your fault but crap happens!! Second, why should my children be robbed of a normal childhood, nice home & food just because your bitter about our system? I work just as hard as you, just don't make as much money. maybe you should check into income guidelines in order to recieve assistance...household of 3 you make upto $3,200 a month. Thats not really poor sweetheart :) another thing, maybe you should into your state laws because in WV ANY child that doesn't have medical coverage is REQUIRED BY LAW TO BE COVERED BY MEDICAID, did a report on it in college, oh, yeah, I did go to college. I hope that you & your family doesn't become a victim to the decline in america & lose your jobs. Because then maybe, just maybe you would know how it felt. We had a 4 bedroom home in Ritter park, brand news cars..he had a suburban & I had an acura...so no I never would have dreamed to be in this situation. I didn't know he was gonna be a deadbeat, you cant really predict he would jack up his knees @ work & need surgery & then everything go down the tube. You are just a horrible excuse for a human being. I put my pants on the same way as you every morning sweetheart, & I bleed red just like you. But I bet your one of those that doesn't have any friends & is just bitter cause you work all the time & can't enjoy life. Get off your high horse & look & see what is goin on in your own backyard.
Here is the problem I have with EIC. You are on assistance you said, but you work as well. I know women like that. They get HUD so they pay no rent or a very minimal amount like $8 a month. They get medical assistance so free healthcare. They get food stamps so no grocery bill. They get their heat paid in the winter. So no electric/heat bill.

Therefore the money they make working is essentially mostly disposable income. We make close to 6 figures and these women live every bit as well as us. In fact some better. One has a new iPad and a new MacBook Pro. My laptop is broken and I can't afford to get a MacBook Pro or an iPad (unless I used credit which I don't do).

We paid close to 9k in fed taxes and were lucky to get $800 back. I can't take my son on vacation. I can't buy him new clothes or shoes or get an iPad.

So to see you and people like you get these giant refunds back and be able to take your kids on vacations flat out pisses me off. Why do your kids deserve a vacation and new clothes? Doesn't my son? I mean we are pretty much being robbed of our vacation in order to pay for yours. Can't you see how upsetting this is to us?

Level 1

Indian Trail, NC

#160 Feb 2, 2013
thatsjustrude wrote:
<quoted text>thats all short hand my dear. I'm awful about doing that because I text like crazy :) I wasn't correcting your grammar, I was correcting your terminology....TOTALLY different things. God!!! again, you don't comprehend. THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!!!
I'm an avid texter and I have never used "prolly" for probably. You seem to be telling two stories and if indeed your children attend private school then you should NOT be getting any assistance or the EIC. Again we pull in about 6 figures and have 1 child and I can't afford private school. Of course I live in an extremely expensive area and private school here runs 17k-29k a year. I'm appalled at your lack of conscience. You say your grandparents "prolly" paid for some of the other posters family members years back? Are you kidding? I doubt it but who cares! How can you justify yourself this way? I hope so much that you realize how very selfish and self centered you sound. The entitlement mentality amazes me.

Level 1

Indian Trail, NC

#161 Feb 2, 2013
Spleencage wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone has sold you a bad bill of goods. You are blaming the symptom and not the cause. First, no one gets back in taxes more than they put in prior to that refund. That person on welfare could probably not afford to have the taxes taken out to begin with, but at tax time,showed that they had the necessary eligibility to get back some if not all of the taxes they had already paid earlier. The "portions" had already been taken out all along.
In your world, people make all the right decisions all of the time. In my world,(that's planet earth in the here & now) people make mistakes. Some people ( that is to say a LOT of people) find themselves in bad positions because of circumstances beyond their control. Show me a person who thinks they are actually in control, and I will show you an idiot. Of course, you will always have free-loaders, the Clinton plan helped eradicate some of that. No system is perfect, nor will ever be, and that is defined by someone always pissed off that someone doesn't have to work as hard as they do to obtain nearly the same quality of life. Life is unfair. Deal with it.
The average person ( proven by the mess we are in now) is ill-equipped to handle the onslaught of tactics dictated to us by the banks and credit card companies. Derivatives, usury, refinancing, credit ratings and a host of hundreds of other terms that people simply did not need to know 40 years ago.
Back then, you could put your child thru college, OWN your home and a car, and live in a decent neighborhood, all while working one job, that required very little training.
This isn't the case anymore. Health insurance was not any type of issue back then. Almost everyone had it and nearly all employers gave it. But it has gone from 3% of our income to 17%.
Housing and transportation make up 60% of our income. You add food, education, clothing, grooming, entertainment, holidays, tech services: like cel phones, internet and satellite, and gifts to that equation and you are in the hole before taxes. This wouldn't be a problem if income's proportionally rose to offset these rising expenses. Obviously it has not.
When I was growing up, the banks paid 9.4% interest. Everyone had a job, most all had pride, little crime, drugs were for recreating- not a desperation, public schools were fine, college was affordable ( very few student loans) But to blame the American people for the negative change is to assume they had a real hand in it to begin with. Thats the illusion. The system you write of is built on greed and deregulations and cronied in nepotism and is virtually impregnable. As only a micro % of the people with the power caused this problem over the past 40 years, the vast majority has had nothing to do with it. If we are at all to blame, its only our wrongly-assumed civil duty in voting these a-holes in to cause the damage.
You are very wrong. Normally you can not get back more then you paid in regarding tax refunds, however the EIC is a refundable tax credit and your can and many, many do indeed get back much more then they paid in. Seriously it is 100% true.
omg

Ashland, KY

#162 Feb 2, 2013
I know a guy that knows exactly how much to work to be able to file taxes and that's all he will work then he claims all his kids and gets back bunched.
twelve

Saint Albans, WV

#163 Feb 2, 2013
Boo hoo, I worked all year and made only 30000. I het back the same as my sister and her husband that make 75000. Everyones tax situation is different. My friend has one kid and made 15000 and she gets back 4000. Who cares. I will gladly trade you my 30000 for your six figures, please and thank you.
Fired up

Flatwoods, KY

#164 Feb 2, 2013
Wow! Your taxes are going to be taken from your check anyway. It makes no sense to complain about the poor getting help. Why don't you complain about the politicians whose suits you buy, the limo they get to ride around in or how about those hookers and strippers. Why don't you complain about the weapons that are being paid for and then given to foreign countries to kill our own soldiers. Why don't you complain about useless government spending. There are some people who have kids and sit on your dime for as long as they can but some of the people want to earn that paycheck and take care of themselves. It's hard when you only make minimum wage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberals think the riots were "peaceful" and "h... 11 min Liberal insanity 5
Typically drug addiction is a sickness 16 min yep 11
Doc Holliday brings dishonor to the HERD fire him 30 min roy 4
Psycho Stalker Christine Lewis 40 min Truth 5
Gc services 5 hr Chloe 1
Infocision 6 hr Chloe 1
Bob Leffingwell?? 7 hr A64j56q 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance