Is Dr. Chaffins a good doctor?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Jessica

South Point, OH

#1 Mar 21, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Chaffins and was wondering if he is a good doctor.
NowandThen

Milton, WV

#2 Mar 21, 2014
The one at the perinatal center?
Jessica

South Point, OH

#3 Mar 21, 2014
Yes
NowandThen

Milton, WV

#4 Mar 21, 2014
Well, I personally didn't like him one bit. He was fine until I had reservations about starting a medication based on one visit & one mildly high BP. He basically treated me like an idiot for having concerns. I refused to see him again. The office is also an experience in itself. It reeks of smoke & body odor & full of interesting ppl to put it nicely.
Jessica

South Point, OH

#5 Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to find the best doctor.
sarah

Mars, PA

#6 Mar 24, 2014
A JOKE! i was referred to him with my 8month old son. he refused to believe i was in labor cause my contractions wouldn't show up on the monitor!(Mind you i was only 25 weeks and very tiny!) My water was even broke COMPLETELY ! Had to threaten to call my lawyer to get checked i was in soooo much pain. 45 mins later i delivered my son! I'm here afain and again I'm being ignored about contractions and pain! So sick of this!
kelly

Clifton Forge, VA

#7 Mar 24, 2014
I was referred to dr. Chaffin back on 2006 & my husband & I really liked him. He was straight forward & very knowledgeable. If it wasn't for him, our daughter wouldn't have survived. Now the dr I had before him was horrible & didn't believe a word I said.
Was u referred to him by another physician? If so, apparently you're a high risk patient & need to listen rather than ppl on here. But honesty, we really liked Dr. chaffin.
wow

Lynchburg, VA

#8 Mar 24, 2014
I was referred by Dr Myers to Chaffin and had a bad experience. I was young and listened to everything he said. my unborn son had blockage on his right kidney and Chaffin thought it was necessary to have the kidney removed after birth. As a first time mom....I was scared to death. My parents decided I should get a few opinions and needless to say.....my son has both kidneys today but had we went with Chaffins opinion my son's kidney would have been removed after birth. I'm sure not everyone has bad experiences but being a high risk pregnancy I def look into everything.
kelly

Clifton Forge, VA

#9 Mar 24, 2014
wow wrote:
I was referred by Dr Myers to Chaffin and had a bad experience. I was young and listened to everything he said. my unborn son had blockage on his right kidney and Chaffin thought it was necessary to have the kidney removed after birth. As a first time mom....I was scared to death. My parents decided I should get a few opinions and needless to say.....my son has both kidneys today but had we went with Chaffins opinion my son's kidney would have been removed after birth. I'm sure not everyone has bad experiences but being a high risk pregnancy I def look into everything.
I agree with you. I'm actually shocked to hear such bad reviews on him. I've never heard anything but good about him until now.
you fools

Madison, WI

#10 Mar 24, 2014
Dr Chaffin is the only perinatal high risk doctor in this area with balls. Other ob-gyn's shit themselves when they have high risk because of malpractice and them wanting to keep the mercedes and bmw. Although he lacks a sparkling personality, he is the best in the area hands down. You would be a fool to see someone else if you are high risk.
Truth

Huntington, WV

#11 Mar 24, 2014
If the old white guys in Huntington hadn't run out the Harvard trained perinatologist who had actually done a fellowship and was board certified who was at Cabell.
Athruz

Huntington, WV

#12 Mar 26, 2014
I have so much anger towards that man that I can't even write details.
My next children I refused to see him & travelled elsewhere.
momma

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Mar 26, 2014
He is very blunt and to the point- it may not always be what you want to hear... But he is a damn good doctor.... Could he use a little more tact? Maybe.... But he is the reason my 2 yr old daughter is alive. I was bleeding non stop and none of the other doctors could figure out why- he figured it out- got me on the right meds and 2 years later I have a beautiful happy, healthy little girl :) he is an awesome doctor. Thank God for people like him.
Abc

Huntington, WV

#14 Apr 3, 2014
sarah wrote:
A JOKE! i was referred to him with my 8month old son. he refused to believe i was in labor cause my contractions wouldn't show up on the monitor!(Mind you i was only 25 weeks and very tiny!) My water was even broke COMPLETELY ! Had to threaten to call my lawyer to get checked i was in soooo much pain. 45 mins later i delivered my son! I'm here afain and again I'm being ignored about contractions and pain! So sick of this!
Yea because you are an idiot !
wednesday

Lancaster, OH

#15 Apr 8, 2014
He doesn't have the most charming bedside manner , but I think he does know what he's doing . I found the worst part of going was dealing with that Denise woman that works in his office , I saw her more than him until I was actually admitted to the hospital to have my baby .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 min Billy 58,939
HHS and CMHS should ban YOGA PANTS now 7 min Really 12
white guy likes black girls 1 hr John L 11
be a dorm room millionaire 1 hr cintikid 2
Tim Ear seen beating wife again! (Allegedly) 1 hr Jason 6
Tim Ear double U ese Z back to his old wife bea... 1 hr Jason 10
The return of Tom McCallister to council has st... 1 hr Jason 12
Worst boss in Huntington (Mar '11) 9 hr jason 333
Huntington Dating
Find my Match

Huntington Jobs

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE