Barbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Where's the BEST place to get a haircut?
PurtyHair

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Don't know, but if your hair is shoulder length or longer, try to find someone who knows how to do a good "Gypsy" cut. Whether you want that style or not, if they know HOW to do that, you've got a good hairdresser who knows what they're doing. A "Gypsy" cut is where the stylist twists all your hair into one twist and then uses a razor to slash as they release a little hair at a time. You end up with a really sexy hairstyle.
jojojones

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

check out Sara Johnston at Professional Hair Designs on 8th Street
decent woman

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

go to an traditional one chair beauty parlor and get a real short curly perm.
long straight hair and unisex salons are for sluts.
Barbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

decent woman wrote:
go to an traditional one chair beauty parlor and get a real short curly perm.
long straight hair and unisex salons are for sluts.
or I could just get a mullet?!?!
decent woman

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Judged:

Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>or I could just get a mullet?!?!
you might as well,you sound like you are total trash.

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

I am not one of you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

I was hoping for the name of a place to get a really good haircut.
Why are there so many nasty people on this board?
You know who you are......
Barbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

decent woman wrote:
<quoted text>you might as well,you sound like you are total trash.
how do I sound like trash? I was just asking where I could get a good haircut.
Barbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Bellah wrote:
I was hoping for the name of a place to get a really good haircut.
Why are there so many nasty people on this board?
You know who you are......
Thank u..I didn't know asking such a simple question would get such a nasty response. I've had a lot of BAD haircuts & was just hoping someone could tell me a good place to go to.
shine

Proctorville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

Sun time on first st
Barbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

shine wrote:
Sun time on first st
Who should I ask for?
shine

Proctorville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Any of them.....all good
Moi

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Thank you for posting this topic, because I am looking for a great hairstylist too. I got my hair cut at JC Penney at the Huntington Mall several times, and they did a pretty good job and were nice enough, but I just did not feel comfortable there for some reason, and I thought the cut could be a little more precise.

I specifically need someone experienced with very long naturally curly/wavy hair which is also very coarse/dry (caucasian), and who understands how it will naturally lay when a significant amount is cut off and it is layered (since I prefer a cut which requires little to no styling). I want a cut just below the shoulders, NOT a short cut, and I want the whole thing layered so I can just let it air dry into my natural curls day-to-day. I am not interested in coloring, perming or straightening. I just want a great cut with lots of volume, and I like it to be professionally styled at the salon. Any suggestions for the best stylists/salons for someone like me? I prefer the Barboursville area, but will go to Huntington if necessary.

Also, since I will be cutting off so much hair, and since I get compliments on my hair and its natural color all the time, I would very much like to contribute it to Locks of Love, so perhaps someone else who needs it can enjoy it. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks in advance for responding.:-)
Doll

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Get kelsi at apex salon to trim your hair she is professional and very sweet. I'm picky with my hair but she did a wonderful job

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

I am not one of you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

I donated my hair to Locks of Love one time and I think they needed either 12 or 15 inchs of hair to take it. They put the hair in a rubber band and cut the hair above the rubber band. This was in Maine and it was a while ago.
Lots of luck. I think it is a wonderful thing for you to do.
NLJ

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Moi wrote:
Thank you for posting this topic, because I am looking for a great hairstylist too. I got my hair cut at JC Penney at the Huntington Mall several times, and they did a pretty good job and were nice enough, but I just did not feel comfortable there for some reason, and I thought the cut could be a little more precise.
I specifically need someone experienced with very long naturally curly/wavy hair which is also very coarse/dry (caucasian), and who understands how it will naturally lay when a significant amount is cut off and it is layered (since I prefer a cut which requires little to no styling). I want a cut just below the shoulders, NOT a short cut, and I want the whole thing layered so I can just let it air dry into my natural curls day-to-day. I am not interested in coloring, perming or straightening. I just want a great cut with lots of volume, and I like it to be professionally styled at the salon. Any suggestions for the best stylists/salons for someone like me? I prefer the Barboursville area, but will go to Huntington if necessary.
Also, since I will be cutting off so much hair, and since I get compliments on my hair and its natural color all the time, I would very much like to contribute it to Locks of Love, so perhaps someone else who needs it can enjoy it. Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks in advance for responding.:-)
KARMA SALON IN B'VILLE HAS ALOT OF GOOD STYLIST AND THEY ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO LOCKS OF LOVE.
hmmm

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Barbie wrote:
Where's the BEST place to get a haircut?
I'm kind of new to the area and had a HORRIBLE time finding someone I liked but Tori at VIP in Barboursville always does a great job.

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Huntington WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

look for cj deering hes amazing
Nooneyouknow

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Angela at Sweet Salon has always gave me great cuts. That place is very relaxed & professional.

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

I am not one of you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>how do I sound like trash? I was just asking where I could get a good haircut.
Barbie, you don't sound like trash. She sounds like she is off her meds, or needs to be on some.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
East end thief's (Nov '13) 6 min Amber 1,046
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 44 min bacon hater 52,138
Anyone know jumol scott 54 min Number 1 20
weak dj at Fat Pattys tonight! 2 hr rico 5
Run from huntington 3 hr Bill 12
Local ppl/couples that think they're Huntington... 3 hr Truth 43
Huntington Needs a Hell's Angels Chapter 4 hr Murphy 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000