First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Zaphod

Alexandria, VA

#2 Jun 23, 2013
That's why I call them colored. Then you are not singling them out at all.
Zaphod

Alexandria, VA

#3 Jun 23, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
That's why I call them colored. Then you are not singling them out at all.
Stop trying to hijack my name bigot.
lol

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2013
It's cool, someone hijacked my name too
Sandy

Huntington, WV

#5 Jun 23, 2013
Some people are giving her credit for at least being honest. I agree that she is being honest that she is a bigot. Why did she feel it was alright to use the"n" word when she was upset about being robbed at gun point as a bank teller. So she believes it is an acceptable word to use when if it us said out of anger or fear. I disagree with her. I don't think any racially derogatory word used by anyone is acceptable under any circumstances.
Zaphod

Alexandria, VA

#6 Jun 23, 2013
lol wrote:
It's cool, someone hijacked my name too
Yeah but this is my real name.

Huntington, WV

#7 Jun 23, 2013
Foody wrote:
Why is the liberal media fcking with paula deen because she admitted to using the n word a time or two in her life. This is the kind of crap that causes resentment and animocity between racial groups of people. She got held up at gun point by a black guy and used the n word. Whats wrong with that. The guy was a higger. I don't want to blame this one on black people, but why is it ok for late night BET talkshow hosts to call us cracker, white boy, honkey, and all kinds of other reverse racist shlt. Fyck everybody that brought this unworthy issue to light. Everyone knows that older southern people, black and white are at least a little bit racist. Whites enslaved blacks, denied them their rights, now whites are paying ten fold for it having to worry about blacks committing violent savage crimes and ruining American cities with their savagery.
Is it ok to make black people use separate entrances and restrooms?
2 posts removed
LastDance

Danville, WV

#10 Jun 23, 2013
The original post on this topic by "Foody" states begins: "Why is the liberal media fcking [sic] with paula deen because she admitted to using the n word a time or two in her life. This is the kind of crap that causes resentment and animocity between racial groups of people."

First of all "liberal media" is not to blame for the racism (overt or covert) held by a someone who is prominent in the business community.

A former employee, Lisa Jackson, of Ms. Dean alleged in a lawsuit that "In the presence of Ms. Jackson and Uncle Bubba's restaurant manager and a vendor, Bubba Hiers stated they should send President Obama to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico so he could n***er-rig it." According to the court documents, the plaintiff stated that she was appointed by Deen to handle the catering and staff for Bubba's wedding in 2007, and she asked Deen what the servers should wear; "Well what I would really like is a bunch of little n***ers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around," the plaintiff alleged Deen told her. "Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn't it? But we can't do that because the media would be on me about that." In her deposition for the suit, Deen stated that she has used the "N Word" at times, saying "Yes, of course." As a result of the controversy, Food Network announced that it would not renew her contract when it expires at the end of June 2013.

Ms. Deen was born and raised in Albany, Georgia (once the home of a WWII German prison camp, then once the home of an Air Force Base which became a Naval Air Station) and trust me a very, very segregated small town. Without going into a bunch of details I lived there for almost four years and became very familiar with the community - parts good, bad and the people therein {kind of like looking at Huntington - the good, bad and the people therein}. Ms. Deen's recipes and cooking were not, are not unique and to my own Ms. Brown, Ms. Maynard and others I spent time with in Albany Ms. Deen could not hold a candle. But Ms. Deen through here own endeavors and work became a prominent business woman, cookbook author (albeit, not orginal in any sense of the word), a media (magaine, television and net) savvy woman who openly stated she was diabetic never avoided butter, bacon drippings and a secret pound of lard.

Southern charm, gentility and certainly days of yesterday throughout this nation cooked up many menus - including those of region, politics and its own view of history and society. Ms. Deen would not be the first, nor last of women from the South or elsewhere whose upbringing, lives and view of the word allowed "slips".

We are ALL accountable for our words, actions and deeds - good and bad. Ms. Deen has apologized and it's time to move on. Blaming "liberal media" for something is foolishness - may I suggest reading the ingredients of a Paula Deen cake (available at Wal Mart) and then asking why in the name of heaven you'd put that in your stomach is far more worthy of one's attention.
Zaphod

Summersville, WV

#11 Jun 23, 2013
Paula Deen didn't do anything that I don't do every day. I don't see what the big deal is.

Her fried chicken is delicious, just give the blacks some of that and they'll forget all about it.
Zaphod

Alexandria, VA

#12 Jun 23, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
Paula Deen didn't do anything that I don't do every day. I don't see what the big deal is.

Her fried chicken is delicious, just give the blacks some of that and they'll forget all about it.
You're just really stupid. No one is going to believe you're me. Try being funny and intelligent sounding if you're going to try to impersonate me.
1 post removed

Huntington, WV

#14 Jun 24, 2013
Foody wrote:
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
Is it ok to make black people use separate entrances and restrooms?"

Wow off topic on topix. No it wasn't right but it worked.
Off-topic? Try reading the complaint against Dean. It's in there.
early cuylers

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
Off-topic? Try reading the complaint against Dean. It's in there.[/QUOTE]Doesn't mean its the truth....The majority of afro-ricans lie with no conscience. I have dined at both restaurants. As a matter of fact, a young college age black girl was my waitress at the downtown location. The black folks I met there where extremely cordial and polite. Not "uncle tom" polite, don't go there, just happy and polite.
Zaphod

Kenova, WV

#16 Jun 24, 2013
If anyone tries to impersonate me please sound intelligent. Words and phrases like "I love black pen!s" would not COME out of my mouth.

I AM SMARTER THAN YOU ALL !
early cuylers

Front Royal, VA

#17 Jun 24, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
I AM SMARTER THAN YOU ALL !
I think not.
Old Man

Clarksburg, IN

#18 Jun 24, 2013
I don't know why everyone gets upset?i call them giggers all the time. Even my black gigger friend gets called a gigger. I like him but he's black and that makes him a gigger. He calls me honky. Lol
Zaphod

Charleston, WV

#19 Jun 24, 2013
early cuylers wrote:
<quoted text> I think not.
Please only be humorous or intelligent when responding to me. I must only associate with those bearing my own traits.
devil ann

Huntington, WV

#20 Jun 24, 2013
Sandy wrote:
Some people are giving her credit for at least being honest. I agree that she is being honest that she is a bigot. Why did she feel it was alright to use the"n" word when she was upset about being robbed at gun point as a bank teller. So she believes it is an acceptable word to use when if it us said out of anger or fear. I disagree with her. I don't think any racially derogatory word used by anyone is acceptable under any circumstances.
h3ll yea she can use the "N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N " word if an african is robbing her at gun point. wuld u have rather her responded: yes mr. african-american.. here is my money?

tell me, sannnnnndy,...has anybody ever called u a b1tch when u pissed them off??

just curious. if they do.. sure hope u dont go home & cry about it for a century.
devil ann

Huntington, WV

#21 Jun 24, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just really stupid. No one is going to believe you're me. Try being funny and intelligent sounding if you're going to try to impersonate me.
nope. not u... but that sh1t was funny... i dont care who ya r.

*******zingggggggg!!!!!

;p
devil ann

Huntington, WV

#22 Jun 24, 2013
LastDance wrote:
The original post on this topic by "Foody" states begins: "Why is the liberal media fcking [sic] with paula deen because she admitted to using the n word a time or two in her life. This is the kind of crap that causes resentment and animocity between racial groups of people."
First of all "liberal media" is not to blame for the racism (overt or covert) held by a someone who is prominent in the business community.
A former employee, Lisa Jackson, of Ms. Dean alleged in a lawsuit that "In the presence of Ms. Jackson and Uncle Bubba's restaurant manager and a vendor, Bubba Hiers stated they should send President Obama to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico so he could n***er-rig it." According to the court documents, the plaintiff stated that she was appointed by Deen to handle the catering and staff for Bubba's wedding in 2007, and she asked Deen what the servers should wear; "Well what I would really like is a bunch of little n***ers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around," the plaintiff alleged Deen told her. "Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn't it? But we can't do that because the media would be on me about that." In her deposition for the suit, Deen stated that she has used the "N Word" at times, saying "Yes, of course." As a result of the controversy, Food Network announced that it would not renew her contract when it expires at the end of June 2013.
Ms. Deen was born and raised in Albany, Georgia (once the home of a WWII German prison camp, then once the home of an Air Force Base which became a Naval Air Station) and trust me a very, very segregated small town. Without going into a bunch of details I lived there for almost four years and became very familiar with the community - parts good, bad and the people therein {kind of like looking at Huntington - the good, bad and the people therein}. Ms. Deen's recipes and cooking were not, are not unique and to my own Ms. Brown, Ms. Maynard and others I spent time with in Albany Ms. Deen could not hold a candle. But Ms. Deen through here own endeavors and work became a prominent business woman, cookbook author (albeit, not orginal in any sense of the word), a media (magaine, television and net) savvy woman who openly stated she was diabetic never avoided butter, bacon drippings and a secret pound of lard.
Southern charm, gentility and certainly days of yesterday throughout this nation cooked up many menus - including those of region, politics and its own view of history and society. Ms. Deen would not be the first, nor last of women from the South or elsewhere whose upbringing, lives and view of the word allowed "slips".
We are ALL accountable for our words, actions and deeds - good and bad. Ms. Deen has apologized and it's time to move on. Blaming "liberal media" for something is foolishness - may I suggest reading the ingredients of a Paula Deen cake (available at Wal Mart) and then asking why in the name of heaven you'd put that in your stomach is far more worthy of one's attention.
sum it up, dude... really. i fell asleep tryn to read ur 10 page letter. try agin.
Bogey

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Jun 24, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i thought it was you BECAUSE it was rude and unfunny. The fact that you actually believe you are above everybody makes this all the more comical.
J R t D E

Chesapeake, VA

#24 Jun 24, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
Racism is wrong and unacceptiable no matter how much you like fried chicken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
herd football 2014 13 min -zaphod- 171
West Virginia's Premiere Anime, Manga, Gaming &... 19 min blunt 1
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 56 min Dalai Lama 57,926
marshall attendance game one 1 hr Htowneer 21
Where is Zaphod.? 1 hr -zapphod- 10
Brittany Beckelheimer and Tosha 1 hr Kill these idiots 1
isis 2 hr Rikky 4
David Benton-WCHS reporter (Jan '12) 3 hr joanie 93
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••