Happy Here

Huntington, WV

#65 Jan 11, 2013
Not rich, but my gross was $89K last year.......and I shop at Sams, even Walmart, why waste my hard earned money on the little things, prefer to spend my money on the good things in life.
motellun

Springfield, NJ

#66 Jan 11, 2013
Happy Here wrote:
Not rich, but my gross was $89K last year.......and I shop at Sams, even Walmart, why waste my hard earned money on the little things, prefer to spend my money on the good things in life.
Exactly. Like being able to supply's family with vacations and things they want. So yes we shop In Bulk
local rich person

Dallas, TX

#67 Jan 12, 2013
My opinion is that Sams is where low income and people on welfare go to shop. They do not carry high end merchandise or food that I am accustomed to consuming. They dress up their own products with glitzy packaging (meats, chips, etc) and try to give you the feel that you are buying fantastic items.

Not hating on anyone who does not make much money of course. If Sams and walmart is all you can afford, then of course by all means, that is where you should shop at.
motellun

Springfield, NJ

#68 Jan 12, 2013
local rich person wrote:
My opinion is that Sams is where low income and people on welfare go to shop. They do not carry high end merchandise or food that I am accustomed to consuming. They dress up their own products with glitzy packaging (meats, chips, etc) and try to give you the feel that you are buying fantastic items.

Not hating on anyone who does not make much money of course. If Sams and walmart is all you can afford, then of course by all means, that is where you should shop at.
Funny them that you have to have a good job to even be a member there then. And pay yearly to shop there. Really your ignorance is showing brightly Our family was raised we don't try to act like we have money like the girl on here said she wants the little pink boxes so people think she's rich.
How vain
local rich person

Dallas, TX

#69 Jan 12, 2013
motellun wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny them that you have to have a good job to even be a member there then. And pay yearly to shop there. Really your ignorance is showing brightly Our family was raised we don't try to act like we have money like the girl on here said she wants the little pink boxes so people think she's rich.
How vain
Lol. You do not need a job, let alone a "good job" to be a member there.

You were not obviously not raised to read the membership requirements for Sams rofl. Please tell us you are joking...
Are you sure

Dallas, TX

#70 Jan 12, 2013
motellun wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny them that you have to have a good job to even be a member there then.
Huh?
mos def

Troy, VA

#71 Jan 12, 2013
local rich person wrote:

You're a real a$$hole. I cracked up when I read this post. What kind of fancy smancy food were you raised on? You sound so stupid. Thanks for the laugh cheese d!ck!!
lol

Ardsley, NY

#72 Jan 12, 2013
mos def wrote:
<quoted text>You're a real a$$hole. I cracked up when I read this post. What kind of fancy smancy food were you raised on? You sound so stupid. Thanks for the laugh cheese d!ck!!
They can prolly afford the high end food because someone acting tat grand prolly gets food stamps ......
YOU GO PVC

Chesapeake, OH

#73 Nov 4, 2013
Cake Disaster wrote:
I recently got a cake for my son's birthday and it was so dry you couldnt eat it. It tasted like it was stale and not moist at all. When I called to let them know about it, the girl told me she appreciated me letting them know and she would have someone call me about asap.
Two days went by no call so I called back. This time I got another girl who told me she hadnt heard anything about this--yeah I guess my call was real important, right??? lol Sooooo, she said she would have Paula call me. Again, no call. I paid a lot of money for that cake and the sad thing is there were people at the party that had never tried her cakes that were shocked at how bad it was. I told them that I knew it was a good business and they would take care of it. Nope--once you pay them and leave, you are just another number for their paychecks.
I am so very disappointed that noone had the decency to at least call back and apologize and try to do aomething about it. This was not the first time I have bought things from there. I have also sent them a lot of friends for business which I can assure you, I will never ever do again and I will be glad to let people know that not only are they very pricey but if you get a product that you are not satisfied with that they do not care enough about you to try to fix it.I guess this has been a very expensive lesson learned but learned nonetheless!!!!!! NEVER will I purchase another thing from such an uncaring place!!
Are you sure you didn't get a gluten cake because those are not as moist as the regular cakes? Also did you listen to the instructions they gave you ? Because if you had your sons party the day after you have the cake & you didn't listen to their instructions then it's your fault. They make the cakes fresh every night for the next days orders.
really

Wichita, KS

#74 Nov 4, 2013
Paglio wrote:
Paula Vega cupcakes look nice...that is it! They are honestly the worst tasting cupcakes. They are very dry and have little flavor.
She probably makes a bunch and then freezes or refrigerates them and that will make them dry out. Just sayin'.
I disagree

Radford, VA

#75 Nov 5, 2013
I have to disagree on PV cakes! My boyfriend surprised me with a cake from there for my 30th birthday, that was of my favorite NFL team. It was chocolate cake with real strawberry filling. It was from a picture he found on the net of a 3 demensional helmet on a cake base and football(made from rice krispies, so I could keep) colors were perfect and it looked and tasted amazing!!!
rick

Huntington, WV

#76 Nov 5, 2013
Il Stick With my 6 cupcakes for four bucks at Walmart anytime over hers. Much Better and fresher & I work right downtown.. No line there anymore
Mary B

Huntington, WV

#77 Jun 7, 2014
Paula seems nice enough but her cupcakes are a little dry and the frosting is way, WAY too sweet. The middle is the only really good part. I wish she would tweak the recipe a bit. I used to go in there a lot but I never go there anymore. :-/
Nomorals

Statts Mills, WV

#78 Jun 8, 2014
Paula Vega Cakes refused to take a pledge not to bake cakes for gay weddings.
Knowspicker

Proctorville, OH

#79 Jun 8, 2014
Nomorals wrote:
Gays know how bake their own cakes.
disgusted

United States

#80 Jun 8, 2014
Nomorals wrote:
NoMorals is the perfect title for you because obviously you have none..Thank you PV for standing up for BASIC human rights.. knowing this about you would make me want to spend money in your shop even if you were selling river rocks as cupcakes.
seriously

Emmaus, PA

#81 Jun 8, 2014
local rich person wrote:

They sell the same or similar products as other stores like Kroger, foodfair, etc. so I guess you don't shop there either? They have a lot of the same brands. Savealot, however, is more what you are trying to make them to be.
New WV resident

Hurricane, WV

#82 Jun 8, 2014
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
They sell the same or similar products as other stores like Kroger, foodfair, etc. so I guess you don't shop there either? They have a lot of the same brands. Savealot, however, is more what you are trying to make them to be.
I was let down with Sams and Walmarts lack of a whole / organic foods section like Kroger has so, the "local rich person" does have a valid point about Sams and Walmarts ability to cater to higher end food buyers.

After coming here from Massachusetts, I agree that Sams and Walmart go after people with very tiny income. Fortunately, my husband has an excellent job as a doctor with a local practice and we have our groceries shipped to our residence. I'm very lucky.
What

Huntington, WV

#83 Jun 8, 2014
I can't even. Spending time on topix bragging about where you shop?? Seriously?? In Huntington, WV? I think the true concern is the like of a large Kroger downtown with a significant produce and specialty foods section. It is nice that the gas station has been added, but what we really need is to clear out the junk around and behind Kroger and build a bigger store with a less-crammed parking lot. To me, having a store with healthier options downtown (so we don't have to drive to the 29th st Kroger) is more worthy of discussing than claiming one's pastry purchases or local deli purchases reflect status. Smh.(I like PV cupcakes, btw).
Yar

Saint Albans, WV

#84 Jun 8, 2014
PV cupcakes are ok, a nice treat every now and then but you can get basically the same thing cheaper elsewhere or bake your own.

I had classes with a few of her family members in college and they were very cocky, arrogant and even lazy. They would try to pawn doing class or group work off on others. They are a wealthy family and they like people to know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overdoses 24 min Malik 66
Best Restaurants in Huntington 29 min dick buttkis 2
Baltimore Street drugs 41 min 705 Baltimore 209
herd football 1 hr PROFESSOR BT 210
America Held Hostage Day 65 1 hr MarkJ- 1
Do black girl like to be 1 hr The Reaponsible N... 4
Detroit dudes with 3 names 2 hr The Responsible N... 5

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance