Evan Jenkins changes party, seeks Nic...

Evan Jenkins changes party, seeks Nick Rahalls House seat

There are 21 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Jul 31, 2013, titled Evan Jenkins changes party, seeks Nick Rahalls House seat. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

State Sen. Evan Jenkins, D-Cabell, will announce today he is switching parties to seek the Republican nomination for the U.S. House seat currently held by Democrat Nick Rahall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nicky

Huntington, WV

#1 Jul 31, 2013
Evan Jenkins has always been a turncoat. He will use anybody and anything to get ahead. He is a lier and a loser. This guy has no morals and is certainly not a team player.
????

United States

#2 Jul 31, 2013
Nicky wrote:
Evan Jenkins has always been a turncoat. He will use anybody and anything to get ahead. He is a lier and a loser. This guy has no morals and is certainly not a team player.
You obviously don't know Evan. He's a great guy! Love him!! Definitely has my vote and I'm democrat
phony

Huntington, WV

#3 Jul 31, 2013
Evan has always been a republican but runs as a dem because it gives him a better chance. Most people dont realize that legislators are not full time jobs. Evans paying job is as a lobbyist for doctors. Thats who is is looking out for. The rich folks that pay his six figure salary. not you
[QUOTE who="????"]<quote d text>
You obviously don't know Evan. He's a great guy! Love him!! Definitely has my vote and I'm democrat [/QUOTE]
Nicky

Huntington, WV

#4 Jul 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="????"]<quote d text>
You obviously don't know Evan. He's a great guy! Love him!! Definitely has my vote and I'm democrat [/QUOTE]I know Evan very well. He's full of it. I watched one of my close friends call him in the legislature for a question and he called back from Hawaii. Guess who paid that bill. You vote for who you want. The Veteran population in West Virginia will put Nick Rahall back in Washington. Is this the third or fourth time he's traded parties?
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#5 Aug 1, 2013
Evan, or maybe Little Spike, can't cut it in a primary so he changes party, again.
Sarge

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 1, 2013
Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>I know Evan very well. He's full of it. I watched one of my close friends call him in the legislature for a question and he called back from Hawaii. Guess who paid that bill. You vote for who you want. The Veteran population in West Virginia will put Nick Rahall back in Washington. Is this the third or fourth time he's traded parties?
He called you back during his vacation? That speaks volumes for the type of legislator he is! That's the type of person I will vote for not someone who mails it in like Rahall.

And don't worry about the taxpayers paying the bill for that $2.00 long distance phone call, Obama just cost the taxpayers $100 million for his family trip to Aftica.
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#7 Aug 1, 2013
Presidents do travel the world, all of them in modern times. I would have thought you already knew that Sarge.
Ashley

Huntington, WV

#8 Aug 1, 2013
Former presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush also made trips to multiple African nations involving similarly laborious preparations. Bush went in 2003 and 2008, bringing his wife on both occasions. Bush's two daughters went along on the first trip, which included a safari at a game preserve on the Botswana-South Africa border.
Nicky

Barboursville, WV

#9 Aug 1, 2013
Sarge wrote:
<quoted text> He called you back during his vacation? That speaks volumes for the type of legislator he is! That's the type of person I will vote for not someone who mails it in like Rahall.
And don't worry about the taxpayers paying the bill for that $2.00 long distance phone call, Obama just cost the taxpayers $100 million for his family trip to Aftica.
Well Sarge being an 11b10 with a CIB I can truthfully tell you that Nick Rahall gives his all to the Veterans of West Virginia. I can tell you that when given the chance Evan Jenkins turned his back on the Veterans of West Virginia. The reason he called back was he was the family attorney at the time. Not mine but a friend of mine.
Nicky

Barboursville, WV

#10 Aug 1, 2013
Sarge wrote:
<quoted text> He called you back during his vacation? That speaks volumes for the type of legislator he is! That's the type of person I will vote for not someone who mails it in like Rahall.
He didn't call me. He called a friend of mine whose family he happened to represent. He never called back and never offered to help with the problem. Being an 11b10 with a CIB you know I wouldn't tell you anything I didn't believe. Nick Rahall will help any Veteran. Evan Jenkins was asked and turned his back and walked away from helping Veterans. The guy that made the call still can't believe what happened.
samari

Huntington, WV

#11 Aug 1, 2013
Do you want a rookie or a veteran?Give us a break obama will on his way out when Rahall gets elected again.We have lost Byrd are losing Jay and if we lose Nick,West Virginia will be up sh-t creek without a paddle!
Nose better

Nitro, WV

#12 Aug 2, 2013
samari wrote:
Do you want a rookie or a veteran?Give us a break obama will on his way out when Rahall gets elected again.We have lost Byrd are losing Jay and if we lose Nick,West Virginia will be up sh-t creek without a paddle!
I'll take the rookie. Looks like 40+ years of Rahall, Rockefeller, Byrd and the rest that bunch hasn't worked very well either.

How many people scream obscenities at a football coach or baseball manager because they don't take a failing player out of a ballgame? Hell, give a new bunch a chance and vote the old assholes back in later if the new players don't work.

Coal jobs - GONE. Healthcare - GOING. Taxes - UP. Roads - FALLING APART. Yeah, let's reelect that drunk Rahall so he can put his name on more things.

I am supporting ANYONE THAT RUNS AGAINST RAHALL. I am not affiliated with any candidate or candidate's committee. I even paid for my own internet service to post this comment.
Allen

Huntington, WV

#13 Aug 3, 2013
Nick Joe is practically a rubber stamp for BO. He votes for BO's agenda 94percent of the time. Time for Nick Joe to go.
samari

Huntington, WV

#14 Aug 3, 2013
I am afraid this state is going to learn,it can always get worse!This state has turned against the democrat party in the last 3 presidential elections and you see where it has got them!
Dr Phil

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 3, 2013
West Virginia is the true definition of insanity. We are first in everything bad, last in anything good, and the citizens keep voting in the same career hacks. We should change the state motto to "Welcome to West Virginia, we are not quite as bad as Mississippi."

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#16 Aug 3, 2013
Dr Phil wrote:
West Virginia is the true definition of insanity. We are first in everything bad, last in anything good, and the citizens keep voting in the same career hacks. We should change the state motto to "Welcome to West Virginia, we are not quite as bad as Mississippi."
I particularly loved our erstwhile state-motto posted at every border-access:" Open For Business".
Yeah, right. Our reps/legislators/council members, and cronied-in NIMBY arrogant douchers were open to letting them go, and preventing new interest IN. Our state is completely surrounded by more highly industrialized states, WV being avoided nearly all together.
Politics

Charleston, WV

#17 Apr 17, 2016
nohalgerg wrote:
<quoted text>
I particularly loved our erstwhile state-motto posted at every border-access:" Open For Business".
Yeah, right. Our reps/legislators/council members, and cronied-in NIMBY arrogant douchers were open to letting them go, and preventing new interest IN. Our state is completely surrounded by more highly industrialized states, WV being avoided nearly all together.
Maybe this is what Jenkins meant when he said "open for Business". This whole hospital merger thing has been an embarrassment and humiliation for him. He's been on the wrong side of it every step of the way, and so has Shelly Moore Capito. Definitely represent Big Pharma and Big Business and NOT THE Working Class Party. Not even close.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/hospital...
laughing

Charleston, WV

#18 Apr 17, 2016
samari wrote:
You don't know who your ol' buddy Jay truly is.
laughing

Charleston, WV

#19 Apr 17, 2016
Politics wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this is what Jenkins meant when he said "open for Business". This whole hospital merger thing has been an embarrassment and humiliation for him. He's been on the wrong side of it every step of the way, and so has Shelly Moore Capito. Definitely represent Big Pharma and Big Business and NOT THE Working Class Party. Not even close.
Exactly!
WATCHDOG

Charleston, WV

#20 Apr 17, 2016
Politics wrote:
<quoted text>
And:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/doct...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dying lynn crickard 9 min demons on earth 1
JESSIE WALL and LYNN CRICKARD 11 min demons on earth 1
Psycho Stalker Christine Lewis 15 min weirdos 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 26 min unreals_dad 2,838
Baltimore Street 5 28 min 30th street rasa ... 3
Marshall you are a total embarrassment to the T... 28 min Hung Fellow 4
Is it ok for a 18/19 year old to date a 14 year... 36 min Jim 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance