HPD Cover up murder charges coming

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HPD watchdog

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Jan 23, 2013
The beating death and cover up of Christopher Lee Ratliff is coming to light im sure after the investigation some of the bad cops will go to prison. This matter is gaining attention and no way this will be covered up again at a Fed level,,See justice for christopher lee ratliff on facebook...what a tragedy..
E Ness

Snowshoe, WV

#2 Jan 24, 2013
NEWARK – Citizens can hold police accountable in the palms of their hands with “Police Tape,” a smartphone application from the ACLU of New Jersey that allows people to securely and discreetly record and store interactions with police, as well as provide legal information about citizens’ rights when interacting with the police. Thanks to the generosity of app developer OpenWatch, the ACLU-NJ is providing Police Tape to the public free of charge.
“This app provides an essential tool for police accountability,” said ACLU-NJ Executive Director Deborah Jacobs.“Too often incidents of serious misconduct go unreported because citizens don’t feel that they will be believed. Here, the technology empowers citizens to place a check on police power directly.” In light of the frequency of altercations between citizens and seasonal police at the shore, the ACLU-NJ released the App in time for the July 4th holiday.
The Android “Police Tape” app records video and audio discreetly, disappearing from the screen once the recording begins to prevent any attempt by police to squelch the recording. In addition to keeping a copy on the phone itself, the user can choose to send it to the ACLU-NJ for backup storage and analysis of possible civil liberties violations.
A version awaiting approval from Apple will be available later this summer in the App Store for iOs to audio record encounters with police.
The popularity of cellphones with video capabilities has raised legal questions about the rights of citizens to record in public. Fortunately, the courts have sided with citizens. In May 2012, a federal appeals court struck down an Illinois law that had made it illegal for citizens to record police officers on-duty. Also in May 2012, the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice released a letter affirming the constitutional rights to record the police in public. These two developments came on the heels of a landmark ruling in August 2011, which recognized the right of citizens to record police officers after a Massachusetts man in Boston Common was wrongfully arrested for filming an interaction with a police officer.
“Historically, vivid images of police mistreating citizens have seared our public consciousness and in some cases spurred important changes,” said ACLU-NJ Policy Counsel Alexander Shalom.“Photos and video are critical to ensuring police accountability and police should know that the eyes of the public are on them at all times.”
E Ness

Snowshoe, WV

#3 Jan 24, 2013
1. Huntington sued over inmate's hanging death | West Virginia Record
www.wvrecord.com › News › Federal Court
Jun 24, 2012 | West Virginia's Legal Journal ... of the estate of Caleb Matthew Dickerson, filed a lawsuit June 26 in U.S. District Court. Named as defendants are the city of Huntington, Police Chief Skip Holbrook and unnamed police officers and city employees.
1 post removed

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Jan 25, 2013
People should be allowed to record on duty police because when they do these things they need to be held accountable. If they do everything on the up and up there's no reason at all for them to worry about being recorded. In fact, you'd think they'd like the fact that people can now record what they do (if they are straight laced) because that will do away with false accusations. Unfortunately, we know to well that while many cops are good, honest people who are just trying to uphold our laws and keep peace, there are some who abuse their power. They are the ones who need to know that there will be consequences when they abuse that power. Maybe then the good policemen will be able to do their jobs and honest citizens can sleep better at night.
twelve

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Jan 30, 2013
I read and looked at this justice for christophers page and all the photos disgust me, that should be enough evidence to prove them cops murdered this man. Hell even if he swallowed dope, why did they beat him so bad. I believe it too, the police always use excessive force
wow

Snowshoe, WV

#7 Mar 30, 2013
wow
big b

Huntington, WV

#8 Mar 31, 2013
oh well justice was done evil off the street officers doing gods work for the good people evil must be taken off the streets by all means possible
twelve

United States

#9 Mar 31, 2013
Ben you have got nobody fooled. Justice was not served. A man lost his life and you call that justice? God said thou shalt not kill. I'm tired of your dumb posts defending you and your goons. You shouldn't be so quick to judge people when hpd act like criminals too
huntington cops

Salt Rock, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2013
they r fcking asshead goons who r not shit without that gun.the traffic judge is as stupid as they come what a fck
Hpd

United States

#11 Apr 7, 2013
I went to my husbands business late one evening to grab his cell phone..saw a car pull up behind mine, walked out to have a gun pointed to my forehead...why are you here? Why is the door open on your car? What is in your hand?... Scariest moment of my entire life. Hpd is a joke.
Geneva Maynard

Saint Albans, WV

#12 Oct 21, 2013
big b wrote:
oh well justice was done evil off the street officers doing gods work for the good people evil must be taken off the streets by all means possible
.... Big b, Chris was one of sweetest humans one could ever meet... You never knew him, also police have an Oath under the laws of God , as well as the land, police broke both oaths to continue their own illegal activities... Chris Ratliff was a target....
xenon

New York, NY

#13 Oct 21, 2013
This is a common problem in law enforcement in America everywhere.
xenon

New York, NY

#14 Oct 21, 2013
Police and Governments kill more people than any disease, accidents, serial killers, robbery, domestic violence.
Unfortunate truth

Huntington, WV

#15 Oct 21, 2013
I'm in no way disrespecting a death.. But I read the fb page and some of the captions of the photos are bogus. You can bruise from an OD. If you have internal bleeding, you can cough blood, which would make the splatter.
Geneva Maynard

Lynchburg, VA

#16 Nov 27, 2013
Those pics are from the morgue in Charleston West Virginia, autopsy report says Chris never had enough drugs in him to be fatal and the manner of death was unknown, due to head and chest with traumatic injuries. .. I was offfered blood money, but that was to shut me up, I can't save Chris but maybe, I can save you or one you love. .. Our lives are in danger in West Virginia. Stop wearing blinders and wear your camera at all times. ..
Danny

United States

#17 Nov 27, 2013
These cops are bafoons. They have no reasoning skills. Citizens are the "enemy".
1 post removed
Geneva Maynard

Lynchburg, VA

#19 Nov 27, 2013
HPD watchdog wrote:
The beating death and cover up of Christopher Lee Ratliff is coming to light im sure after the investigation some of the bad cops will go to prison. This matter is gaining attention and no way this will be covered up again at a Fed level,,See justice for christopher lee ratliff on facebook...what a tragedy..
... Appreciate your promise, but it's going to take people who are in charge to stop these crimes of out of control law enforcement agencies and that Buddie system with blinders are the ones being paid and praised,... People are told to look the other way... What type of officer would pull a male penis? HPD's Capt.Pete Bowen called penis pulling a form of disciplenary actio, under oath in Court TV in 2010. Bowen is in the Mount Olive Corrections in Smithers Wedt Virginia, for rapinyoung kids as he served the public of over 30 years... Why didn't these parents of ALL of those young boys of numerous families? I feel that all mighty dollar makes people sell their own children here in Cabell C.o. Wedt Virginia, or they are living in fear of their own lives, like me... I fear my cops,
2 posts removed
Geneva Maynard

Lynchburg, VA

#22 Nov 29, 2013
Unfortunate truth wrote:
I'm in no way disrespecting a death.. But I read the fb page and some of the captions of the photos are bogus. You can bruise from an OD. If you have internal bleeding, you can cough blood, which would make the splatter.
..... Thosebloody sheets are not from coughing blblood, that is blood soaked head, sheets ... Science will come to light...
Geneva Maynard

Lynchburg, VA

#23 Nov 29, 2013
HPD watchdog wrote:
... Huntington's finest, are still doing what they do best, running red lights, beating and threatening lives of civilians, in homes and on the streets...
Mother

Charleston, WV

#24 Jun 8, 2015
HPD watchdog wrote:
West Virginia has too many of these crimes done to cover up their own crimes in office. We are waiting on this story to end in victory. Thank you Watch Dog

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fresh Fart Saturday 10 min Saturday 1
Show me an American Slum 18 min yep 1
Debra Thacker aka Snow White (Apr '13) 1 hr Big Helen 12
America Held Hostage Day 246 1 hr MarkJ- 7
CrackFest At Riverfront 2 hr Rachel 21
black pride whites cant come in 2 hr will 256
Brittany Lambert 2 hr Ben 7

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance