Ebenezer Medical Outreach- Provides f...

Ebenezer Medical Outreach- Provides free health care.

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 4

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 26, 2012
Most people don't know about Ebenezer, it's a free clinic on 10th Ave. and 14th street. They provide free health care and low cost perscriptions to the people of the comunity that do not have medical insurance.
has

Hurricane, WV

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Yeah, free for worthless, lazy, drug addicted, people. I work at an office that sees these people. Where do the come from. One guy came in with an Ipad and a gold grill. Their history is always the same. Down on their luck. Trying to get a job. Yeah right.

Level 1

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 30, 2012
It would be nice if they could get more dentists to help them. I was dealing with an abscess but there is a year-long wait list so I had to suffer through.
big b

Huntington, WV

#4 Dec 30, 2012
has wrote:
Yeah, free for worthless, lazy, drug addicted, people. I work at an office that sees these people. Where do the come from. One guy came in with an Ipad and a gold grill. Their history is always the same. Down on their luck. Trying to get a job. Yeah right.
what type of office do you work in hopefully not in human services with your attude you have some real issures if you cannt handle it working with them you really need a different job in a different field
iagree

Delaware, OH

#5 Dec 31, 2012
big b wrote:
<quoted text>what type of office do you work in hopefully not in human services with your attude you have some real issures if you cannt handle it working with them you really need a different job in a different field
I kinda agree. If your so diwn on your luck sell the ipad. Stop getting fake nails. Loose the newest version of iphone. People get tired of handing out to people who have nicer stuff than the people working day in and day out. Reaaly? Who in their right mind would go to a free clinic with an ipad and gold teeth.
has

Hurricane, WV

#6 Dec 31, 2012
big b wrote:
<quoted text>what type of office do you work in hopefully not in human services with your attude you have some real issures if you cannt handle it working with them you really need a different job in a different field
The point is, I work. I have a job.
big b

Huntington, WV

#7 Dec 31, 2012
iagree wrote:
<quoted text> I kinda agree. If your so diwn on your luck sell the ipad. Stop getting fake nails. Loose the newest version of iphone. People get tired of handing out to people who have nicer stuff than the people working day in and day out. Reaaly? Who in their right mind would go to a free clinic with an ipad and gold teeth.
this is huntington and some of the people are not the smartest in fact a box of wet rocks with moss growing has them beat the clinic does do good work as for i phones and i pads i have a dumb it works great for me.
big b

Huntington, WV

#8 Dec 31, 2012
iagree wrote:
<quoted text> I kinda agree. If your so diwn on your luck sell the ipad. Stop getting fake nails. Loose the newest version of iphone. People get tired of handing out to people who have nicer stuff than the people working day in and day out. Reaaly? Who in their right mind would go to a free clinic with an ipad and gold teeth.
this is huntngton and there are a lot of people who are none too smart who in fact have to look up to a box of wet rocks with moss growing in it yes dumb the clinic does do good work and does help people which is a good thing
has

Hurricane, WV

#9 Jan 1, 2013
big b wrote:
<quoted text>this is huntngton and there are a lot of people who are none too smart who in fact have to look up to a box of wet rocks with moss growing in it yes dumb the clinic does do good work and does help people which is a good thing
Nice education.

Level 4

Location hidden

#10 Jan 16, 2013
I work at Ebenezer, not all people that see the Dr.s here are out of work, in fact the bigest majority of the patients have jobs. This town is not the best town to get "good jobs" so people work where they can, even if it is at McDonalds or the Dollar Store, at least they work, most of them anyways. Has, you think you know everything about someone just because they go to a free clinic, you are wrong! I don't know what kind of work you do but bless the people who have to deal with your judgmental butt! And down on their luck, not all employees provide insurance!
no insurance

Hurricane, WV

#11 Jan 16, 2013
My employer does not provide insurance. I have to pay for all my medical bills. Should I go to Ebenezer? No thanks. People have to be responsable for themselves. People rely handouts too much these days.
outraged

Huntington, WV

#12 Jan 16, 2013
Stop the madness2 wrote:
I work at Ebenezer, not all people that see the Dr.s here are out of work, in fact the bigest majority of the patients have jobs. This town is not the best town to get "good jobs" so people work where they can, even if it is at McDonalds or the Dollar Store, at least they work, most of them anyways. Has, you think you know everything about someone just because they go to a free clinic, you are wrong! I don't know what kind of work you do but bless the people who have to deal with your judgmental butt! And down on their luck, not all employees provide insurance!
Thank you for your comments. Not every one is fortunate to either have good insurance, good pay, or a medical card. I had to leave my job in order to care for my ailing husband, and have one year before I am eligible for Medicare. I am glad that there are places that can help people in their time of need. I know a lot of people abuse the systems out there-SHAME ON THEM; but there are a lot who have worked their entire life and cannot get any help because they tell the truth and cannot qualify for any benefits. I do have my first appointment scheduled at Ebenezer, and am very grateful for them.
What

Huntington, WV

#13 Jan 16, 2013
has wrote:
I got hurt on the job. Had to have surgery and rehab for 9 months. Lost my job. Have been looking for a long time. I am a LPN.I am 48 years old. Have good refs. No one calls me! I have applied to many jobs and sent resumes. I have no insurance. So if I go there for help...I am a loser??? I am not on any drugs. I'm not lazy or worthless! You need to find another job. I'll take your place!
What

Huntington, WV

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Stop the madness2 wrote:
Amen! Are They hiring there?
has

Hurricane, WV

#15 Jan 17, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>I got hurt on the job. Had to have surgery and rehab for 9 months. Lost my job. Have been looking for a long time. I am a LPN.I am 48 years old. Have good refs. No one calls me! I have applied to many jobs and sent resumes. I have no insurance. So if I go there for help...I am a loser??? I am not on any drugs. I'm not lazy or worthless! You need to find another job. I'll take your place!
No you wouldn't want to have my job. No insurance. I pay for my own appointments and medicine. Therefore, Its not enough handout for you.

Level 4

Location hidden

#16 Jan 23, 2013
HAS, Im so glad that you have enough money to not only pay for your dr. appts, but can also foot the bill for all the testing they like the patients to keep up on, then pay upwards to $1000 for the medications that can be very expensive...good for you, keep on keeping on!
Senior Citizen

Huntington, WV

#17 Jan 23, 2013
I for one am so thankful for Ebenezer, my husband and myself both worked for 39 years, then job loss and health problems struck us both. We went from a two income family to no income, waiting on retirement benefits that were reduced due to early withdrawl.

They do an excellant job for the community for people who are down on their luck and for reasons beyond their control and need assistance. They are the nicest people and if it were not for Ebenezer I do believe that my husband would not be here today. I thank God that they do what they do for people who are in a situation that they could not help to be in.
had

Hurricane, WV

#18 Jan 23, 2013
Why thank you.
Outreach

Logan, WV

#19 Jan 23, 2013
Senior Citizen wrote:
I for one am so thankful for Ebenezer, my husband and myself both worked for 39 years, then job loss and health problems struck us both. We went from a two income family to no income, waiting on retirement benefits that were reduced due to early withdrawl.
They do an excellant job for the community for people who are down on their luck and for reasons beyond their control and need assistance. They are the nicest people and if it were not for Ebenezer I do believe that my husband would not be here today. I thank God that they do what they do for people who are in a situation that they could not help to be in.
Is the facility clean and how long do you have to wait?
BIG B

Huntington, WV

#20 Jan 23, 2013
the people at ebenezer are all very nice the location is clean better than some private doctors offices they do very good work helping many people who need it and intil a,c.a. obama care takes effect which will also help many people if there were more groups like ebenezer and the people who work there huntington would be a much better place .thank you for the great work you do daily

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Its not racism, we just want a clean community 30 min The Responsible N... 146
GD Ritzy's--BEWARE (Sep '10) 43 min The rest of the s... 26
Trump is toast 48 min The rest of the s... 44
Victoria Dawn 58 min Truth 7
Hospital Mergers--"Empty" Rhetoric -- Lies--and... 4 hr Political Games 28
News BREAKING... Mayor's Office of Drug Control Poli... 4 hr Frank Underwood 4
Huntington Little League baseball 6 hr Grandparent 128
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages