devilkittylover

Huntington, WV

#2 Jun 17, 2013
Bwahahaha!!! Honey, I know you had to be the one who posted this. Stop spreading such filthy lies on my sweet baby kitty. The kids love her and so do I. Put ya big girl panties on!
really

Alexandria, VA

#3 Jun 17, 2013
living in fear wrote:
my wife got this devil kitten, only after realizing how much i hate cats, of course. The evil thing has some long razor sharp claws. i really hate cats and i think that th,is cat knows that i hate it, therefore i am in fear for my well being. this spawn of satan needs to be de-clawed, at a minimal cost i need to add. if it is de-clawed successfully, i will feel a little better about going to sleep in the same house as that demon. it also keeps just a little bit of poop on the hair on its butt, i'm sure only to help me remember how much i hate cats. if i were brave (or stupid) enough to attempt to do something about the hair on the butt, i probably would, but since i am not, this is another problem i cant solve. i am in danger of this cat scratching its hairy, poopy butt and then slashing my face open causing a laceration that will surely get infected and then kill me. it seems i am destined for the devil kitty poopy slash syndrome, please help me, i do not want this you wouldnt either. i hear that there isnt a worse way to go.
This must be a joke. It is true that animals know when you're afraid of them, though. Trust me, the cat isn't going to hurt you. Quit being lame.

On another note, declawing is very inhumane. Look it up. If it would make you feel better, little baby, your wife can go to the pet store and buy little caps that go right over your cats claws so that they're unable to use them properly anymore. They're under $10 and last awhile. In my opinion, you need to grow a "Pair" and hush.
Lil Darlin

United States

#4 Jun 18, 2013
Wtf u don't declaw a cat ever. they cut off have there lil knuckles. how would u like us cat lovers to do u that way.or better yet I'm sure ur wife gets tired of cleanin ur pee in the bathroom where u miss that big hole and get it all over the floor and seat that u dont lift.she should have ur member cut off
2 posts removed
cat lover

Huntington, WV

#7 Jun 18, 2013
I don't think it's wrong to declaw a cat. Yes, it's surgery, blah blah. But they are born with reproductive organs, too, and it's a kindness to take those, because of so much overbreeding and homelessness.
If de-clawing makes the difference between a cat being a welcome and loved pet, or a throw-away when it scratches, then by all means, de-claw. But accept the responsibility that the cat must remain an indoor cat for the rest of its life, for its safety. Shouldn't let ANY cat wander around pooping in the neighbor's flowers, anyway.
I've always had mine de-clawed, and my pets have lived long lives indoors, where they are loved and happy. I don't think that's a cruelty.
Lil Darlin

United States

#8 Jun 18, 2013
Wow. nice come back livin in fear .lol a so called grown man afraid of a cat .i see who the real p u ssy is in the house......ur comments don't. hurt me. I'm secure in who i am my husband is a real man .who happens to like cats. and is not afraid of them. maybe if if ur kid would stop pulling the cats tail.and u stop abusin the cat .it would not be mean.and my mother would not touch u .only ur w hore. is good for that after all she had to marry u she got knocked up.
really

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jun 18, 2013
living in fear wrote:
So you are saying that it is humane to cover up the feet of these animals so that, "they're unable to use them properly anymore." At least with declawing they dont have them to use. You are also suggesting to buy something that is, "under $10 and last awhile." So I can keep buying these things for $10 that last a while that renders part of their appendage useless. Your very weak argument actually just convinced me to have this spawn of satan declawed....and by the way, your mother likes my pair just fine
There is a reason the cat is acting "Up". If I had to guess, I would be willing to bet the child is, somewhat, abusing the cat by pulling its ears, pulling its tail, yanking on its fur, carrying it around roughly, etc. Most kids do that. Also, if it's a kitten, they're always hyper and extremely playful. They'll eventually grow out of that stage.

As for the caps that go over the claws, trust me, the cat would rather have those over its claws than to have the claws completely ripped out. If you did some research, you'd find how awful it is. I'm sure you don't know about the behaviors that many cats have after being declawed. Bad behavior, not using the litter box any longer and many more things tend to happen. Do some research and use your head. Hope the cat starts pissing all over your house after you declaw it. It's a little thing called karma.
paranonia will destroy ya

United States

#10 Jun 18, 2013
Poor satan .don't rip out its claws.what if it gets out. that's its only protection...ur poor wife will be crushed. i agree. i hope the cat pisses. every where .or worse shits in ur fav.shoes..if u can't love and care for the cat give it to some one who can.
seriously

Hurricane, WV

#11 Jun 18, 2013
Omg I've never seen so much stupid at one time. So really have you ever even been close to a cat before? Cats don't need a reason to scratch you other than the fact your breathing! Cats and kittens bite scratch and claw, and then it gets infected that's the joy of owning sweet little kitty's. Yes declawing hurts and pisses them off for a few days kinda like when you roll at night and they slash you open for disturbing them. But they at least get pain killers for it (which is all kinds of fun getting in them:)) The cheapest place is Help For Animals next to the car lot on 60 near the mall. You have to get special litter for a few weeks. You can only get the front or back done but you have a better chance at survival if they don't have the front ones. As for going outside they'll survive all my cats have always been declawed inside ones and out and they have all lived between 18 to 22 years. Which is another great thing about cats they live forever...or at least it feels like it at times.
seriously

Hurricane, WV

#12 Jun 18, 2013
Oh and as far as it having poop on it you need to give it a bath. If you start bathing them when they're kittens it's easier as they get older. Also trimming their claws that they still have is good but you have to be careful not to trim to far or they bleed and if they bleed you'll bleed.
really

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 18, 2013
seriously wrote:
Omg I've never seen so much stupid at one time. So really have you ever even been close to a cat before? Cats don't need a reason to scratch you other than the fact your breathing! Cats and kittens bite scratch and claw, and then it gets infected that's the joy of owning sweet little kitty's. Yes declawing hurts and pisses them off for a few days kinda like when you roll at night and they slash you open for disturbing them. But they at least get pain killers for it (which is all kinds of fun getting in them:)) The cheapest place is Help For Animals next to the car lot on 60 near the mall. You have to get special litter for a few weeks. You can only get the front or back done but you have a better chance at survival if they don't have the front ones. As for going outside they'll survive all my cats have always been declawed inside ones and out and they have all lived between 18 to 22 years. Which is another great thing about cats they live forever...or at least it feels like it at times.


Yes, seriously. Wow, you are so wrong. Take a second out of your busy day to read these:

http://cats.about.com/od/declawing/tp/reasons...

http://m.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/tips/...

http://www.declawing.com/

If you TRULY cared about your pet, don't declaw. I'm involved in animal rescue and have seen far too many bad outcomes from cats who have been surrendered to the shelter after declawing. It is sad. I've also seen the behavioral problems first hand from a family member who declawed their cat. Cat rescues are always over flowing with people who want to give up their declawed cat. Education is key here, people.

Consider yourself lucky that your cats haven't gotten hurt outside while being declawed. Won't you feel awful when the day comes that a bigger animal gets a hold of the cat that you "Love" so much. It won't be a pretty sight.
seriously

Hurricane, WV

#14 Jun 18, 2013
Trust me if a coyote gets your cat those10 little claws isn't going to help. As far as the rescues being over flowing they still would be even if the cats weren't declawed. And when it comes to having to get rid of your cat for scratching whoever walks in the front door or having it declawed that's what I'll do. And behavioral problems yeah I had a vet suggest I have one of my cats put to sleep because he was so bad. I refused to do it of course took him and had him declawed and now he's one of the sweetest cats around. Moral of the story no matter what you decide to do there's always going to be someone somewhere to tell you your wrong. Declaw your cat it's inhumane you should be locked up don't Declaw it and it scratches your kid your a bad parent and cps should be called.
really

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 18, 2013
seriously wrote:
Trust me if a coyote gets your cat those10 little claws isn't going to help. As far as the rescues being over flowing they still would be even if the cats weren't declawed. And when it comes to having to get rid of your cat for scratching whoever walks in the front door or having it declawed that's what I'll do. And behavioral problems yeah I had a vet suggest I have one of my cats put to sleep because he was so bad. I refused to do it of course took him and had him declawed and now he's one of the sweetest cats around. Moral of the story no matter what you decide to do there's always going to be someone somewhere to tell you your wrong. Declaw your cat it's inhumane you should be locked up don't Declaw it and it scratches your kid your a bad parent and cps should be called.
Lol, you're something else. And clueless. The odds of a coyote getting your cat are pretty slim. I was thinking more along the lines of something that IS likely to happen, such as a dog or another animal that you usually can see on a daily basis.

Duh, of course cat rescues would still be over flowing. You missed the point. Just think, if those people giving up their cats due to behavioral problems wouldn't have declawed their cats, just think of how many shelter animals could be saved in place of all of those. I've seen MANY times people who declaw the cat and then it have behavioral problems or quit using the litter box. It's a very, very common thing.

Whatever vet told you to put your cat down is an idiot. There are SO many more options out there. If your cat is acting out, try buying the calming plug ins, just for cats, at your local petco. Cats smell them but humans don't. It calms your cat down and lessens the stress on them. I've used them and they work great. Put one (or more) upstars and one downstairs and you're good to go. They also make them for dogs. You plug them in just like a glade plug in or wallflower. And since declawing is painful AND can cause other problems, why not just but the caps that go right over the claws? If you cared about the well bring of your cat, that's what you'd do. No one will get scratched. No one will get hurt. Your cat would appreciate it a lot more. Just because your cat doesn't show that it's in pain or that it is aggravated, doesn't mean that it isn't. Again, read up on it. Ever watched "My Cat From Hell"? There have been quite a few cats with major behavioral problems on there due to declawing.
jeff

Milton, WV

#16 Jun 19, 2013
I would suggest declawing and defanging. Those little bastards can hurt you and spread diseases.
They kill and torture birds and rabbits and endanger many species of animals.
They have also been known to catch humans asleep and get on their chest and try to take their breath. It is especially dangerous to small children.
The best solution would be a 2x4 or gun of course.
growUp

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jun 19, 2013
jeff wrote:
I would suggest declawing and defanging. Those little bastards can hurt you and spread diseases.
They kill and torture birds and rabbits and endanger many species of animals.
They have also been known to catch humans asleep and get on their chest and try to take their breath. It is especially dangerous to small children.
The best solution would be a 2x4 or gun of course.
If you don't have anything educational to say, stop trying to be cute. Such an idiotic statement you posted.
seriously

Hurricane, WV

#18 Jun 19, 2013
Look here's the difference between me and you...I live out where coyotes are what gets people's cats and dogs. And yes I did have a cat killed by one and so have several neighbors. The wonderful caps you keep talking about annoys the cats and causes more problems than any of the declawed cats I've seen. I have also fostered and placed 13 cats and 3 dogs the last few weeks already. So as far as educating myself on cats yeah I do know about cats. Just because someone doesn't share your point of view doesn't mean they are uneducated and have no clue how to anything. And the show "My Cat From Hell" those cats issues are from the fact their owner's don't know how to tame care of them.
seriously

Hurricane, WV

#19 Jun 19, 2013
But hey I'm the clueless one right lol nothing worse than being called clueless by a cat God that knows everything.
really

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jun 19, 2013
seriously wrote:
Look here's the difference between me and you...I live out where coyotes are what gets people's cats and dogs. And yes I did have a cat killed by one and so have several neighbors. The wonderful caps you keep talking about annoys the cats and causes more problems than any of the declawed cats I've seen. I have also fostered and placed 13 cats and 3 dogs the last few weeks already. So as far as educating myself on cats yeah I do know about cats. Just because someone doesn't share your point of view doesn't mean they are uneducated and have no clue how to anything. And the show "My Cat From Hell" those cats issues are from the fact their owner's don't know how to tame care of them.


So that makes sense. You've had a cat killed by a coyote but you still allow your declawed cats outdoors. This state is full of smart people!

You and I, obviously, share different points of views because you've been lucky enough for your cats to not have issues after declawing. So its easy for you to say what you're saying. If you've seen even just one of the many cats that I've seen have issues from it, I'd be willing to bet that you'd be singing another tune.

Again, why do you think so many people give up their declawed cats? Work at a cat rescue for a few weeks and you'll see what I mean. Or just simply talk to one of the ladies who run and operate Meow Cat Rescue, PURR WV, Friends of the 4 Legged and Furry, or any other local cat rescue and ask how they feel about people who declaw their cats.
jamone

Milton, WV

#21 Jun 19, 2013
Kittens are good for this.

How cute :) xoxoxoxo. lol
honestly

Alexandria, VA

#22 Jun 19, 2013
jamone wrote:
Kittens are good for this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mqGkjvUKc6MXX
How cute :) xoxoxoxo. lol
You're sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
herd football 2014 15 min sigh 267
wish I could talk to my boyfriend from high school 19 min mmmcum 8
samantha blevins 28 min rep 11
whiskey rocks shooting 34 min Harold Frankel 38
Glen Lett 1 hr Wow 21
why are most good looking women insane? mental.? 1 hr Amen 30
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 1 hr potgoblin 229
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••