lmao

Front Royal, VA

#65 Jun 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>It's the municipal parking board that writes the ticket. Not HPD.[/QUOTE]
So your going to tell me the parking board are on chase street and Camden road giving parking violations? I think not
First Street

Huntington, WV

#66 Jun 26, 2013
In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, that regulation is on the book for three purposes: 1) To appease the insurance company. The insuance policy the city has to purchase to cover HPD vehicles is OUTRAGEOUS! If they take that regulation off the books then the insurance could technically force them to purchase an even more expensive policy, one wrote to include using HPD vehicles in a more personal way and allowing friends/family to ride along whenever and wherever they wanted. So, by having the regulation on the books to not allow family/friends to ride in HPD vehicles they are actually SAVING taxpayers money. The policy still covers situations such as this one, even if Booth's wife decided to sue them it would be covered.(which she would never do and would have no need to do, the other driver is responsible and in this case Kirby sweeper will most likely be held responsible since it was a company van and they allowed him to not only drive impaired but on a suspended license, as well).
2) To discourage officers from using HPD vehicles like personal cars in a way that WOULD BE COSTLY to taxpayers. In other words, the officers that have take home cars can't even drive themselves around during their off-duty hours for non-HPD related travel. It is also on there to discourage, for example, a HPD officer from spending his on-duty hours taking his kids to school, his wife to work, his dog to the park, taking his father out to lunch and basically wasting his day running personal errands with or without other family members in the car instead of doing his job.
3)(I suppose this one could be broke down into two sections, but I look at it as a whole.) Finally, to help ensure officers can respond to calls safely at all times while keeping their own family out of danger, as well. For instance, if a shooting had happened while his wife was in the car then he would be left with the options of immediately responding to the call (which is what is needed) with her in the car and possibly taking his wife into the middle of a shooting, basically kicking her out of the car wherever they happen to be when the call comes in and responding which could also leave her in danger, or taking the time to return her to safety and not responding as quickly which could have negative, even deadly consequences for someone involved in the shooting.
So, as you can see there are reasons even GOOD reasons to NOT allow family to ride in the car. However, NONE of those reasons in this particular case were really effected. And, Booth along with many other officers that have family that works or lives inside city limits has allowed them to ride to lunch with them for years and the biggest reason it has never been addressed as a problem is because it simply isn't one most of the time and certainly DOES NOT cost the city anymore money.
IMO, any man or woman WILLING to come to my house and attempt to protect me when I have just called in an armed robber, not knowing if by doing so he/she may not go home to their own family that night especially for HPD officers' wages has my 100% consent to make a pit-stop and pick up their wife for lunch any time they want!
I hope this answers your question. The ONLY reason I took the time to answer it is because I appreciate someone who can express they don't understand a situation or necessarily agree with a situation without doing it in a derogatory manner. I am more than happy to converse with adults who are able to conduct themselves in a mature way but I will not be part of back and forth arguing of details &/or opinions.
You either work for the police or are the chief. Suggestion either enforce the rules you set or get rid of them, very simple. Quit trying to justfiy your wrong doing. It makes you look like a mornon or a liar.
Nicole

Petersburg, VA

#67 Jun 26, 2013
rules are for a reason wrote:
Wonder who will pay her medical bills since she was in a department vehicle? Technically she could sue the department and the insurer of the cruiser to force them to pay the bills. In fact, the carrier of insurance on the cruiser probably needs notified.
Exactly. The rules may or may not have been to prevent people from using company or work vehicles for personal use, but also to prevent liability. Yes, the insurance may cover witnesses or criminals, but what about those people who have no business being in the car: i.e a friend, a hitchhiker, or family member? What's to stop them from suing HPD and the city?

Officers should be held accountable for their actions, just like the people they pursue for "breaking the law", not able to bend the rules for being a good cop. They are supposed to set the example. That just tells kids " I should become a cop so I don't have to follow the rules + not get in trouble." It's just wrong
lovinlife

Huntington, WV

#68 Jun 26, 2013
In The Know wrote:
I began this saying it like it or not and I stand by that! Also, "the report" you are referring to also didn't include who was in the passenger seat geniuses so it would stand to reason that the so-called "reports", official and otherwise given to this point have either been missing details, incorrect, or purposely influenced to include or exclude certain information. Also, I know several diabetics and I have known plenty of other people who have had other medical complications that required some type of daily injections. In all my days, including watching several family members pass away with cancer and all the injections involved there I haven't seen any of them with "track" marks that could be confused with a junkie. You have to be flat out stupid to even consider some low-life working for Kirby vacuum already near drunk that early in the day and driving on a suspended license has "track marks" from a prescribed medication.

If you want to talk about corruption why don't you start with the local media? The officers that should be receiving heat for breaking rules that truly matter don't see any reprimands or disciplines worth mentioning and that IS a problem. And, it could ALL be stopped if the local media chose to really do some real investigative work and probe into these things but they brush the big offenses under the rug just like they do the small ones!

If HPD was the picture of honesty and ran as it should be I still probably wouldn't jump on a band wagon that wanted to crucify a man for taking his wife to lunch in a city car. I mean really people, it isn't going to cost the city a penny more for him to allow his wife to ride in the passenger seat to a restaurant he is already planning on eating especially when he has to pass her work to get there! As one brilliant poster summed it up, he is NOT "pistol whipping and beating someone to death" or "walking into their house and blowing their dogs brains out"!(Had some trouble with HPD, huh?)

Now, I have said my part. Like it or not, agree with it or not, believe it or not. I honestly do not care. I know I am correct and if the honest truth ever really comes out then you will see as much. However, I know enough about law enforcement to know that even police reports can be "incorrect" and media reports certainly can! People wanted to know what happened, well, believe it or not, you now know. But, while I will admit again that Booth did TECHNICALLY break a department regulation (no laws) I think his wife nearly being killed by a DUI is probably punishment enough for this infraction.

Now, go ahead and bash me some more because all the time you spend bashing me is time you can't spend bashing them! They have been through enough!
Wrong is wrong, stop making excuses! The community is tired of all the cover ups! This city is in debt because of all the uselessness that goes on! Park the city vehicles and stop using them for personal use! Maybe officer Booth should have used his own car to go to lunch and pick up his wife?? Oh wait that would make him dip in his own pocket!
pam

Saint Albans, WV

#69 Jun 26, 2013
they need put in jail!!!!!!
twelve

Haslett, MI

#70 Jun 26, 2013
Your such a fool to defend such behavior. She can drive her own car to meet him for lunch. Insurance should not cover her bills at all because she should not have been there. Suppose instead of a cop car it would have been me and let's just say I didn't have insurance the police would say you had no business driving without insurance and I would be at fault regardless of who hit who.Stop making excuses to misappropriate funds.
1 post removed
gert

Chesapeake, OH

#72 Jun 26, 2013
In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said before, that regulation is on the book for three purposes: 1) To appease the insurance company. The insuance policy the city has to purchase to cover HPD vehicles is OUTRAGEOUS! If they take that regulation off the books then the insurance could technically force them to purchase an even more expensive policy, one wrote to include using HPD vehicles in a more personal way and allowing friends/family to ride along whenever and wherever they wanted. So, by having the regulation on the books to not allow family/friends to ride in HPD vehicles they are actually SAVING taxpayers money. The policy still covers situations such as this one, even if Booth's wife decided to sue them it would be covered.(which she would never do and would have no need to do, the other driver is responsible and in this case Kirby sweeper will most likely be held responsible since it was a company van and they allowed him to not only drive impaired but on a suspended license, as well).
2) To discourage officers from using HPD vehicles like personal cars in a way that WOULD BE COSTLY to taxpayers. In other words, the officers that have take home cars can't even drive themselves around during their off-duty hours for non-HPD related travel. It is also on there to discourage, for example, a HPD officer from spending his on-duty hours taking his kids to school, his wife to work, his dog to the park, taking his father out to lunch and basically wasting his day running personal errands with or without other family members in the car instead of doing his job.
3)(I suppose this one could be broke down into two sections, but I look at it as a whole.) Finally, to help ensure officers can respond to calls safely at all times while keeping their own family out of danger, as well. For instance, if a shooting had happened while his wife was in the car then he would be left with the options of immediately responding to the call (which is what is needed) with her in the car and possibly taking his wife into the middle of a shooting, basically kicking her out of the car wherever they happen to be when the call comes in and responding which could also leave her in danger, or taking the time to return her to safety and not responding as quickly which could have negative, even deadly consequences for someone involved in the shooting.
So, as you can see there are reasons even GOOD reasons to NOT allow family to ride in the car. However, NONE of those reasons in this particular case were really effected. And, Booth along with many other officers that have family that works or lives inside city limits has allowed them to ride to lunch with them for years and the biggest reason it has never been addressed as a problem is because it simply isn't one most of the time and certainly DOES NOT cost the city anymore money.
IMO, any man or woman WILLING to come to my house and attempt to protect me when I have just called in an armed robber, not knowing if by doing so he/she may not go home to their own family that night especially for HPD officers' wages has my 100% consent to make a pit-stop and pick up their wife for lunch any time they want!
I hope this answers your question. The ONLY reason I took the time to answer it is because I appreciate someone who can express they don't understand a situation or necessarily agree with a situation without doing it in a derogatory manner. I am more than happy to converse with adults who are able to conduct themselves in a mature way but I will not be part of back and forth arguing of details &/or opinions.
you are one windy SOB. The only one that windy at HPD is Darrell himself.
2 posts removed
pam

Saint Albans, WV

#75 Jun 27, 2013
whats up with that m sperry dude, on facebook all day how does he do anything???
Bernard

Charleston, WV

#76 Jun 27, 2013
First Street wrote:
<quoted text>You either work for the police or are the chief. Suggestion either enforce the rules you set or get rid of them, very simple. Quit trying to justfiy your wrong doing. It makes you look like a mornon or a liar.
It is Skip Holbrook. He is trying to cover up for the cops.
twelve

Saint Albans, WV

#77 Jun 27, 2013
In The Know wrote:
And no, I am not a cop like someone (who cannot read well) suggested. I don't defend all cops. As a matter of fact it is the exact opposite! I'd love to know, for instance, why D. Wiles is even still with HPD after he got so drunk he actually shot his own friend in the middle of the street then panicked and left the loaded weapon laying on the sidewalk while he took his friend to the hospital and wasn't exactly honest about anything until smacked with hard evidence. But, initial report came out of the shooting and then that was it. It was like it never happened, just swept under the rug. I'd like to know how R. Lusk has managed to be responsible for or at least part of nearly every officer involved shooting to occur in Huntington in the past few years. I believe in coincidences and I believe in bad luck but nobody just happens to find themselves in that many bullet storms that close together, IMO. I'd love to know how M. T. Veazey ever became a cop to begin with and how he has kept his badge after repeated reports of sexual harassment, request of sexual favors, excessive use of force, abuse of power, and numerous other complaints!

I could keep going but this thread isn't about HPD as a whole, who is or is not a good cop and it really shouldn't be about trying to crucify Booth. He made a mistake everyone. Show me someone who says they have never made a mistake and I will show you a liar! But, as previously stated, I truly believe nearly losing his wife to a DUI is punishment enough for this particular infraction. You want someone to crucify, I have given you three names above to jump all over and would be more than happy to see you channel this rage into firing up the media into investigating the whole department. At that time I am sure they would throw plenty more names to you sharks but I highly doubt any of them would be Sgt. Booth, it's just that simple.
What about booth covering up the beating death of Christopher lee Ratliff, maybe him almost losing his wife is karma.
Ben Dover

Chesapeake, OH

#78 Jun 27, 2013
In The Know wrote:
And no, I am not a cop like someone (who cannot read well) suggested. I don't defend all cops. As a matter of fact it is the exact opposite! I'd love to know, for instance, why D. Wiles is even still with HPD after he got so drunk he actually shot his own friend in the middle of the street then panicked and left the loaded weapon laying on the sidewalk while he took his friend to the hospital and wasn't exactly honest about anything until smacked with hard evidence. But, initial report came out of the shooting and then that was it. It was like it never happened, just swept under the rug. I'd like to know how R. Lusk has managed to be responsible for or at least part of nearly every officer involved shooting to occur in Huntington in the past few years. I believe in coincidences and I believe in bad luck but nobody just happens to find themselves in that many bullet storms that close together, IMO. I'd love to know how M. T. Veazey ever became a cop to begin with and how he has kept his badge after repeated reports of sexual harassment, request of sexual favors, excessive use of force, abuse of power, and numerous other complaints!
I could keep going but this thread isn't about HPD as a whole, who is or is not a good cop and it really shouldn't be about trying to crucify Booth. He made a mistake everyone. Show me someone who says they have never made a mistake and I will show you a liar! But, as previously stated, I truly believe nearly losing his wife to a DUI is punishment enough for this particular infraction. You want someone to crucify, I have given you three names above to jump all over and would be more than happy to see you channel this rage into firing up the media into investigating the whole department. At that time I am sure they would throw plenty more names to you sharks but I highly doubt any of them would be Sgt. Booth, it's just that simple.
If you want to throw stones Darrell lets talk about Stephanie, and cheating on the time book by not working with the boss condoning it. So stfu
eeee

Saint Albans, WV

#79 Jun 27, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to throw stones Darrell lets talk about Stephanie, and cheating on the time book by not working with the boss condoning it. So stfu
Darrell Black???
Siding with In the Know

Huntington, WV

#80 Jun 27, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to throw stones Darrell lets talk about Stephanie, and cheating on the time book by not working with the boss condoning it. So stfu
What did you do? Look at the department and just pick names of people to bash? How about you leave Stephanie's name out of the mud. You sure run your mouth about things that you clearly know nothing about. How about you "stfu", until you get some reliable sources.
Gym Teachers Mistress

Mineral Wells, WV

#81 Jun 27, 2013
Am I the only one that is able to go on with their life after this incident? All of you are a bunch of whiny babies that just wanna sit around and bash HPD obviously. Once again, topix cannot help you.
Ben Dover

Chesapeake, OH

#82 Jun 27, 2013
Siding with In the Know wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do? Look at the department and just pick names of people to bash? How about you leave Stephanie's name out of the mud. You sure run your mouth about things that you clearly know nothing about. How about you "stfu", until you get some reliable sources.
I know plenty. Do you really want to go there? She rolled in the mud with a bunch, he was just one in a long line. Darrell doesn't work 2 hours a day if that, and everyone knows it, including the chief. I guess he has something on him because others show up in court without a tie or accidentally miss court, or talk mean to a thug, and get days off. Sounds a little lop sided eh? So you stfu, you don't know who you are talking too.
Ray Finkle

Chesapeake, OH

#83 Jun 27, 2013
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>I know plenty. Do you really want to go there? She rolled in the mud with a bunch, he was just one in a long line. Darrell doesn't work 2 hours a day if that, and everyone knows it, including the chief. I guess he has something on him because others show up in court without a tie or accidentally miss court, or talk mean to a thug, and get days off. Sounds a little lop sided eh? So you stfu, you don't know who you are talking too.
WOW

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#84 Jun 27, 2013
noteveryone wrote:
just sayin, no other dept's or company's can ride their family/friends around in a company vehicle why should he be any different? most companys do not have insurance that will cover someone that is not company related. I think if it was a family member or someone off the street hitch'in a ride he should get in trouble, just like if somebody works for the city or state their spouse dont work so they go ride around with their spouse all day in a truck and run errands, no you wouldnt see that happening because you'd lose your job because their not covered under any insurance, but needless to say nothing will be done about it
This is a great example of someone speaking out of their ass.
willamina

Sandyville, WV

#85 Jun 27, 2013
uhhhhmmm.. the cops in our town aren't so righteous! They are constantly pricks who pick up prostitutes and will help any young girl out for a "favor". Rich people don't get to see the side of them that we less fortunate do...
1 post removed
Ray Finkle

Huntington, WV

#87 Jun 27, 2013
willamina wrote:
uhhhhmmm.. the cops in our town aren't so righteous! They are constantly pricks who pick up prostitutes and will help any young girl out for a "favor". Rich people don't get to see the side of them that we less fortunate do...
Like what?
eeee

Saint Albans, WV

#88 Jun 27, 2013
Siding with In the Know wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do? Look at the department and just pick names of people to bash? How about you leave Stephanie's name out of the mud. You sure run your mouth about things that you clearly know nothing about. How about you "stfu", until you get some reliable sources.
if shes being a ho she needs called out son!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHH Picnic - Camden Park 36 min Mike 6
Sen. Joe Manchin 1 hr Mylan Ruse 12
Best lawyer in Huntington 2 hr Ajh 4
Dax Adkins junkie heroin theif 2 hr Dax 4
Huntington is the pit of hell 3 hr MarkJ- 75
Catholic Hierarchy in West Virginia ? 3 hr Catholic Hospital... 21
GC Services (Dec '08) 3 hr lkm 330

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages