Schooners is NOT filing bankruptcy

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SCHOONERS

Gibsonia, PA

#1 Dec 6, 2010
Schooners is absolutely NOT filing bankruptcy. Just goes to show everyone how crazy this site really is.
Well then

AOL

#2 Dec 6, 2010
It is only a matter of weeks when Kenny and Jason write checks that can't be cashed due to insufficient funds. No vendors will leave food without getting cash because you all rip people off and do not pay your invoices. That dump doesn't even take in enough to pay for their electric bill and they are just trying to save face.
LOvEtheplace

Independence, WV

#3 Dec 6, 2010
WE love it there.. Keep up the good work.
SCHOONERS

Gibsonia, PA

#4 Dec 6, 2010
We will. Im so sorry upset ex-employees are posting negative things. Come out and join us on Wed! Thanks for your support!
Well then

AOL

#5 Dec 6, 2010
Just the truth Kenny. The frozen old seafood fad with be ending soon along with failed dinner ship. I am sure people do not want to dine knowing a kitchen full of work release inmates are messing with their food.
Grow up

United States

#6 Dec 7, 2010
Are you serious? Schooners is incredible and you obviously are disgruntled and have issues. The food is amazing and the service is impeccable.
The Truth

Huntington, WV

#7 Dec 7, 2010
Everyone knows you have debts beyond your reach with the state tax department and IRS. They also know that you are on a cash-only basis with some vendors. This business cannot sustain itself in the winter months. You must make enough in the summer to accomodate for the winter. You did not. You also didn't pay your vendors and taxes so now you are in deep.

The only way out is for the real investors to pony up more money and hope the summer helps out. Its noble, but not smart. Your bank accounts are running on fumes.

The only people coming into the restaurant are friends of the owners and employess. You simply do not have any good food.

The only thing marketable about Schooners is the outdoor atmosphere of boozing and relaxing in the summer, which is absolutely awesome in the summer.
HolderbysLanding

Dunbar, WV

#8 Dec 7, 2010
Its going around town that Schooner's is, in fact, filing bankruptcy. I've also heard that the food quality has gone way down hill and the beer prices are a little on the high side. And, a lot of people complain about the service. So, for good food, good times, and a friendly staff at reasonable prices, come on down to Holderby's Landing!!!
Really

Hansford, WV

#9 Dec 7, 2010
its amazing that Schooner's is actually trying to save face on topix...I mean really guys wouldn't have been more of a slap in the face to all the naysayers to never even acknowledge this site exsisted? but no you put advertisements on it...lame! All your doing is giving holderby's landing better ways to undercut you!
by the way the food does suck!
Jase

United States

#10 Jul 30, 2011
It's funny that the fact that Schooner's is opening a NEW LOCATION just goes to prove each and every one of you wrong. Say what you will, but I serve there and we have great customers, I make great money, I get nothing but compliments on both the service and the food. So, come see us at our new Stadium front location. :)
Server in Huntington

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2011
I saw someones comment about ex-con's working in the kitchen at a Restaurant. I just thought I would go ahead and let you people know that I've worked at more than a few restaurants and have friends that work in about every place in town. There are work programs at every single one, and if you're eating in a restauraunt ESPECIALLY A CHAIN, expect to have your food made by an "ex-con", but why should that even matter? They're working their asses off and paying their bills and you're sitting on Topix...
fun4all

United States

#12 Jul 31, 2011
I love Schooner's! My friends and I try to make it there once a week. Huntington needs more places like Schooner's & less chain food restaurants. It is a great place to have a drink and listen to live music...you just don't get that at Applebees. I hope they are doing well financially, people in Huntington complain there is nothing to do but then diss the local businesses, instead we should all be visiting the local places and spending our money there to help them remain successful. I also love Holderbys, they are completely different than Schooners you cannot compare the two, other than being on the river. Check them both out!
Asking

Milton, WV

#13 Jul 31, 2011
Does Jackie still work there the one that use to work at b w 3 go duke
Abby

United States

#14 Aug 25, 2011
HolderbysLanding wrote:
Its going around town that Schooner's is, in fact, filing bankruptcy. I've also heard that the food quality has gone way down hill and the beer prices are a little on the high side. And, a lot of people complain about the service. So, for good food, good times, and a friendly staff at reasonable prices, come on down to Holderby's Landing!!!
This may be old Post, but let me tell you, my husband and I was at Holderby's last Saturday night and it was HORRIBLE! The guy singing and playing the guitar was so bad that's actually why we left! As we walked back through the inside bar area to leave, the smell of dirty nasty mop water filled the air, I couldn't walk fast enough to get out of there. We WILL never back to your dumb, Schooner's IS WAY WAY WAY better and way better atmosphere! Sorry for your bad luck, oh yea, there was probably 7-8 ppl there plus my 3, man that place was jumpin'! lol
Abby

United States

#15 Aug 25, 2011
fun4all wrote:
I love Schooner's! My friends and I try to make it there once a week. Huntington needs more places like Schooner's & less chain food restaurants. It is a great place to have a drink and listen to live music...you just don't get that at Applebees. I hope they are doing well financially, people in Huntington complain there is nothing to do but then diss the local businesses, instead we should all be visiting the local places and spending our money there to help them remain successful. I also love Holderbys, they are completely different than Schooners you cannot compare the two, other than being on the river. Check them both out!
I agree! Holderby's sucks and Schooners has way better LIVE Music! Great Entertainment!
Jesse

Proctorville, OH

#16 Aug 25, 2011
Just ate at their new location yesterday! WOW the food was AMAZING! I'm so glad they proved this bad rumor wrong! Schooners has my full support! Kudos to Schooners!
pat

Huntington, WV

#17 Aug 25, 2011
SCHOONERS wrote:
Schooners is absolutely NOT filing bankruptcy. Just goes to show everyone how crazy this site really is.
I like the atmosphere they provide, but their food is terrible! I would go back if I weren't afraid of getting food poison
Josie

Huntington, WV

#18 Aug 25, 2011
i know who that go Duke was from!!! and yes i still work there :) and love it.
AmericaFirst

Hurricane, WV

#19 Aug 25, 2011
Did the ever fix their Air Conditioning? I like Schooners but the last couple of times I've been there, it's been over 90 deg, even with the A/C running.
uhm

Huntington, WV

#20 Aug 25, 2011
well it is supposed to be outdoors...the upstairs is airconditioned...the rest is not. you can most certainly request upstairs at the door. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puup person 8 min JuJu Bee 4
Muslim rights group to open offive in WV 54 min joe 13
Picnic Farts 55 min DreDee 1
Fresh Fart Sunday 57 min Dudley 3
pagans mc (Sep '10) 1 hr Goldwings_99 226
Do you liberals still love Muslims? 2 hr Bend over liberals 109
Baltimore Street drugs 2 hr Justin Roberts 674

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance