First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Interested

Huntington, WV

#1 Apr 6, 2012
Anyone know what the crowd is like there? They sound pretty good since they have an incredibly large selection of beers.
Customer

Independence, KY

#2 Apr 6, 2012
Interested wrote:
Anyone know what the crowd is like there? They sound pretty good since they have an incredibly large selection of beers.
Not only do they offer a great selection of craft beers at reasonable prices, they also have a wonderful menu filled with many delicious entrees and sides.

Take for example their famous steak burrito - they first layer a warm tortilla with a blend of slightly aged Mexican cheeses. Then they delicately slice pieces of sizzling and sumptuous steak atop a bed of fresh-picked vegetables and flavorful rice.

There's a reason you have to wait 30+ minutes to find a seat during lunch or dinner any day of the week.
what

New York, NY

#3 Apr 6, 2012
Customer wrote:
<quoted text>Not only do they offer a great selection of craft beers at reasonable prices, they also have a wonderful menu filled with many delicious entrees and sides.

Take for example their famous steak burrito - they first layer a warm tortilla with a blend of slightly aged Mexican cheeses. Then they delicately slice pieces of sizzling and sumptuous steak atop a bed of fresh-picked vegetables and flavorful rice.

There's a reason you have to wait 30+ minutes to find a seat during lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Lmao this is SO not a "customer."
traveler

Proctorville, OH

#4 Apr 6, 2012
Haha to "customer". We had the entire place to ourselves during the lunch rush!
Ummmmm

Charleston, WV

#5 Apr 6, 2012
I've eaten there at lunch. Looked very empty. I liked the food and service though.
Interested

Huntington, WV

#6 Apr 6, 2012
I wasn't really meaning crowd as in crowded, but more so is it younger people? older? mixed ages for the most part? stuffy with a bunch of suits or like an Applebee's or other casual dining restaurant with a mix? Is it loud in there or pretty good atmosphere? etc.. But I have to agree that customer must be an employee. That's not going to change my mind about wanting to go though, just want to know if I need to dress up or not.
in the know

Huntington, WV

#7 Apr 7, 2012
Interested wrote:
I wasn't really meaning crowd as in crowded, but more so is it younger people? older? mixed ages for the most part? stuffy with a bunch of suits or like an Applebee's or other casual dining restaurant with a mix? Is it loud in there or pretty good atmosphere? etc.. But I have to agree that customer must be an employee. That's not going to change my mind about wanting to go though, just want to know if I need to dress up or not.
it's not a facking bar! So why does it matter? Never been, will never go. Maybe when it closes down like we know it eventually will and something else opens in its place.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#8 Apr 7, 2012
I think the people of Huntington have figured out that place, not the restaurant itself, is doomed. Every new business, and there has been many, have all failed. Sadly,Tahona will be next. I had some decent food there and the service was excellent. Last time I went it was around 8pm and the place was empty.
Maybe its bad Henkins karma....
Camper

Huntington, WV

#9 Apr 7, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
I think the people of Huntington have figured out that place, not the restaurant itself, is doomed. Every new business, and there has been many, have all failed. Sadly,Tahona will be next. I had some decent food there and the service was excellent. Last time I went it was around 8pm and the place was empty.
Maybe its bad Henkins karma....
I agree with you 100%. I loved St. Zita's Grill, and the Italian place that was there after Arthur's was bangin'.(Arthur's was terrible). Now, St. Zita's I know was owed by someone who was having financial difficulties to begin with, but everyother place didn't have that. So is there a curse?
Miss Practicality

Huntington, WV

#10 Apr 7, 2012
Would it kill them to get rid of those fake ferns hanging out front? They could actually put some real ones out there since its warmer. Outdoor eating space is at such a premium in HTS you would think they'd maximize it. FWIW, I've never eaten there.
Honest Truth

Huntington, WV

#11 Apr 7, 2012
The reality is that this place is relatively new in the area and people still don't know it's there. Most people I've talked to always seem to have great things to say about their food and service. If I have to compare this place, I would say it's like The Cheesecake Factory but with a shit load of craft beers! They have a little bit of everything on their menu. Definitely worth a try...
Honest Truth

Huntington, WV

#12 Apr 7, 2012
BTW no need to dress up...

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#13 Apr 7, 2012
Honest Truth wrote:
If I have to compare this place, I would say it's like The Cheesecake Factory but with a shit load of craft beers!
Sorry, this place is NOTHING like the Cheesecake Factory.
propeller

Canton, OH

#14 Apr 7, 2012
It is awesome. They make a great mojito. And the service is great.

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#15 Apr 7, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, this place is NOTHING like the Cheesecake Factory.
You can put as many "X's" on my review as you want, but if you think Tahona is anything like the Cheesecake Factory, then I contend you have never been to one. The menu is entirely different, the decor is radically different, Tahona is vastly cheaper. The Cheesecake Factory serves and targets a demographic that doesn't even exist in this region.
Ummmmm

Summersville, WV

#16 Apr 7, 2012
I don't disagree that Tahona is nothing like the Cheesecake Factory, but I did get a laugh out of the high brow sentiment correlated with a chain restaurant that can be found just a few hours west on I-64. Neither place is competing with Le Bernardin or something here.

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#17 Apr 7, 2012
Ummmmm wrote:
I don't disagree that Tahona is nothing like the Cheesecake Factory, but I did get a laugh out of the high brow sentiment correlated with a chain restaurant that can be found just a few hours west on I-64. Neither place is competing with Le Bernardin or something here.
a few hours from here I can be in Pittsburgh, Cincinnati or Nashville. What's your point?
Anything decent from those cities is "high-brow" compared to eateries here. There are no good restaurants here if you compare them to good restaurants in major cities.
Places like: Prime, 21 Club, Savannahs or even Blackhawk are, on their best day,on par with an average walk-in eatery in Manhattan.
Honest Truth

Huntington, WV

#18 Apr 7, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
<quoted text>
You can put as many "X's" on my review as you want, but if you think Tahona is anything like the Cheesecake Factory, then I contend you have never been to one. The menu is entirely different, the decor is radically different, Tahona is vastly cheaper. The Cheesecake Factory serves and targets a demographic that doesn't even exist in this region.
When I said it was like The Cheesecake Factory I didn't mean in regards to the menu or look of the place, I really don't think Tahona is trying to be anything like them. I was simply comparing the fact that both places have a diverse menu with lots of options to choose from and just about everything I've ever had at BOTH places have been wonderful.

What you should do is get a life and stop bashing on every place in Huntington. If you really don't think any place in Huntington is good enough you should pack your bags and get the f out of here. You're just a bitter loser that doesn't have anything better to do. I could never sit in front of a computer and write 310 comments on a single website just going around and complaining about every little thing. If that's the way you make yourself feel better for having such a crappy life then that's really sad. You should be proud of your hometown and support local businesses no matter what, even if you're not originally from Huntington. I'm sorry but people like you and your attitude make me sick. You're not better than everyone else just because you've been to other cities, and if you think those cities are so much better than Huntington why don't you move there!
Ummmmm

Summersville, WV

#19 Apr 7, 2012
The point wasn't as much proximity as it was the restaurant could just as well be located here. In fact, I believe one was to open here at one time and may still. It's an Applebee's on steroids, that's all, and not beyond the scope of the demographic one would find here by any means.

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#20 Apr 7, 2012
Honest Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
When I said it was like The Cheesecake Factory I didn't mean in regards to the menu or look of the place, I really don't think Tahona is trying to be anything like them. I was simply comparing the fact that both places have a diverse menu with lots of options to choose from and just about everything I've ever had at BOTH places have been wonderful.
What you should do is get a life and stop bashing on every place in Huntington. If you really don't think any place in Huntington is good enough you should pack your bags and get the f out of here. You're just a bitter loser that doesn't have anything better to do. I could never sit in front of a computer and write 310 comments on a single website just going around and complaining about every little thing. If that's the way you make yourself feel better for having such a crappy life then that's really sad. You should be proud of your hometown and support local businesses no matter what, even if you're not originally from Huntington. I'm sorry but people like you and your attitude make me sick. You're not better than everyone else just because you've been to other cities, and if you think those cities are so much better than Huntington why don't you move there!
First of all, the menu and the decor IS the restaurant and you WERE comparing them. Secondly, lots of places have diverse menus like DINERS and FLAPJACKS, so I still don't see you making any headway with your specific comparison.

Lastly, I said I liked Tahona. I guess you decided to gloss over that part so that you could go on this long PERSONAL tirade against me for going on long tirades. See the contradiction? I don't know the first thing about you ( except for the obvious observation you don't grasp what your read very well) so why have you lowered yourself in assuming you know anything about me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary is finished. Liberals are frauds 8 min Silent Majority 62
A booger on my cheeseburger flung there 9 min Mike 2
Democrats against voter ID 25 min Silent Majority 42
rick Johnson (Feb '14) 1 hr Amy 44
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 2 hr Maverick 808 3,333
Most Annoying Person on FB 3 hr tristate tech 22
Heritage Center Secrets #2 3 hr THEBLACKMAMBA 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages