i think liberals need to explain-

i think liberals need to explain-

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tamara

Huntington, WV

#1 Aug 11, 2013
Liberals, without all the normal name calling, describe how liberals have made America great by undermining our traditional values.
1 post removed
LastDance

Wharton, WV

#3 Aug 11, 2013
The intended catch is "traditional values". The liberal movement from prevention of child labor, elimination of "white only" drinking fountains (including the one at the Cabell County Courthouse), equal access to public spaces and elimination of segregation (including the "balcony at public theatres in downtown Huntington and back of the bus seating and Five and Dime soda fountains), equal protection under the law including calling out McCarthism accusations at Sylvania Electric during the AFL-CIO elections, education eliminating fundamentalist religious teachings of no makeup for women (those of ill-repute) and pants suits for women as challenges to faith-based family life all seem to provide some inkling as what you may call undermining "traditional values". All movements whether they be conservative or liberal have political motives - perhaps the question should be what political motives of liberals have underminded the United States of America or what political motives of conservatives have underminded the country? Doing what is right - what is humane may be the hallmark of the liberal movements - in many cases I do not see in the majority of cases what conservative movements do as what is humane nor right. Self-protectionism is not always right and tends to get too many shades
protecting American values attached. As an example one can certainly say that the Constitution guarantees us freedom of religion - but it also guarantees us freedom from religion.
your turn

Lovingston, VA

#4 Aug 11, 2013
Maybe Conservatives could explain why the people they send to Washington, are interested in NOTHING but helping the rich? And why every time we have a Conservative President, the debt explodes, and the economy goes to Hell?
Lol

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Aug 11, 2013
your turn wrote:
Maybe Conservatives could explain why the people they send to Washington, are interested in NOTHING but helping the rich? And why every time we have a Conservative President, the debt explodes, and the economy goes to Hell?
Do you really believe we have a conservative Pres in the WH now? Do you really believe the economy is good? 18 Trillion in debt! Lmao at you.
On The Fence

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 11, 2013
LastDance wrote:
The intended catch is "traditional values". The liberal movement from prevention of child labor, elimination of "white only" drinking fountains (including the one at the Cabell County Courthouse), equal access to public spaces and elimination of segregation (including the "balcony at public theatres in downtown Huntington and back of the bus seating and Five and Dime soda fountains), equal protection under the law including calling out McCarthism accusations at Sylvania Electric during the AFL-CIO elections, education eliminating fundamentalist religious teachings of no makeup for women (those of ill-repute) and pants suits for women as challenges to faith-based family life all seem to provide some inkling as what you may call undermining "traditional values". All movements whether they be conservative or liberal have political motives - perhaps the question should be what political motives of liberals have underminded the United States of America or what political motives of conservatives have underminded the country? Doing what is right - what is humane may be the hallmark of the liberal movements - in many cases I do not see in the majority of cases what conservative movements do as what is humane nor right. Self-protectionism is not always right and tends to get too many shades
protecting American values attached. As an example one can certainly say that the Constitution guarantees us freedom of religion - but it also guarantees us freedom from religion.
But the conservatives say they are doing the same and the liberals are the problem? What gives?
yep

Logan, OH

#7 Aug 11, 2013
your turn

Lovingston, VA

#8 Aug 11, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe we have a conservative Pres in the WH now? Do you really believe the economy is good? 18 Trillion In debt! Lmao at you.
The policies of the President we have now, did not cause the debt.The deficit is shrinking faster than any time since WWII..we have went from losing 800,000 jobs a month, to 41straight months of job growth,stock market has doubled, and housing is coming back strong.I realize facts mean little to conservatives, but maybe the laugh should be on you. Turn off the Faux News and embrace reality.
On The Fence

Huntington, WV

#9 Aug 11, 2013
your turn wrote:
<quoted text>The policies of the President we have now, did not cause the debt.The deficit is shrinking faster than any time since WWII..we have went from losing 800,000 jobs a month, to 41straight months of job growth,stock market has doubled, and housing is coming back strong.I realize facts mean little to conservatives, but maybe the laugh should be on you. Turn off the Faux News and embrace reality.
I hate faux news and all the other news channels. All liars
1 post removed
Silent majority

Alexandria, VA

#11 Aug 12, 2013
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Social security
40 hour work week
Child labor laws
Unemployment compensation
Public power
Civil rights act
Voting rights act
Medicare
Student loans
Women's right to vote
Federal deposit insurance
Head start
Minimum wage
The clean water act
GI bill
FMLA
Interstate highways
Freedom of information act
Public education
The Hoover dam
The CDC
National weather service
Is that enough?
Prove it...anybody can type a list out.

&#9679; The Democratic Party - As author Michael Scheuer stated, the Democrat Party is the party of the four S's: slavery, secession, segregation and now socialism

The last i checked republicans have championed every anti slavery bill in history while democrats tried to stop them..KKK member senator byrd fillibustered for 14 hours in an attempt to stop the legislation in 1964.

http://www.echoesofenoch.com/Civil_rights_his...
Silent majority

Alexandria, VA

#12 Aug 12, 2013
your turn wrote:
Maybe Conservatives could explain why the people they send to Washington, are interested in NOTHING but helping the rich? And why every time we have a Conservative President, the debt explodes, and the economy goes to Hell?
Conservatives make the debt explode? You do know what the word conservative means right? Have you checked our debt lately?

Got any links from the labor dept or commerce dept to back up your claim?
Silent majority

Alexandria, VA

#13 Aug 12, 2013
your turn wrote:
<quoted text> The policies of the President we have now, did not cause the debt.The deficit is shrinking faster than any time since WWII..we have went from losing 800,000 jobs a month, to 41straight months of job growth,stock market has doubled, and housing is coming back strong.I realize facts mean little to conservatives, but maybe the laugh should be on you. Turn off the Faux News and embrace reality.
Links please...prove it...show us some "reality"...
2 posts removed

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#16 Aug 12, 2013
Anyone can offer exceptions as there always are. A single senator did this, a single president did that, a single writer wrote that etc... Trying to persuade someone who is blind in their in all-encompassing resolution is almost always an exercise in futility. The original topic ignorantly pontificates ALL.
Christian

Huntington, WV

#17 Aug 12, 2013
nohalgerg wrote:
Anyone can offer exceptions as there always are. A single senator did this, a single president did that, a single writer wrote that etc... Trying to persuade someone who is blind in their in all-encompassing resolution is almost always an exercise in futility. The original topic ignorantly pontificates ALL.
Pontificates...big word for around here lmao
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#18 Aug 12, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it...anybody can type a list out.
&#9679; The Democratic Party - As author Michael Scheuer stated, the Democrat Party is the party of the four S's: slavery, secession, segregation and now socialism
The last i checked republicans have championed every anti slavery bill in history while democrats tried to stop them..KKK member senator byrd fillibustered for 14 hours in an attempt to stop the legislation in 1964.
http://www.echoesofenoch.com/Civil_rights_his...
You really are just a moron aren't you? You lean on things 50 years or more old as your "proof" of today. A Democratic President passed the voting rights bill out of sheer force of will. Byrd did not filibuster an anti-slavery bill as your post suggests.

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

Saint Albans, WV

#19 Aug 12, 2013
Spin it however you want. I don't need memes and spun facts to tell me what the economy is doing. I just have to talk to my neighbors...look at my taxes...drive on the roads...walk into stores. The job market is terrible. The value of the dollar has plummeted. Gas prices are high. Welfare has skyrocketed.

The problem is when you point this out, dems blame it on congress. Any shred of good news is credited to Obama. Republicans aren't much different.

I do get sick of the misconception that republicans are for the rich while dems are for the working class, though. Is that why all the Hollywood elitists are democrats? Those of you who believe that are confused. Democrats don't support the poor people...they PRODUCE them! Argue if you want, but there's no denying that those on public assistance overwhelmingly vote democrat. It's job security for the left. All they have to do is tax the majority to the point where they're dependent on gov't handouts, then threaten that republicans are going to take it away. Meanwhile, their rich, elitist friends take advantage of tax loopholes and their buddies at the IRS to avoid the same fate as the average American.

We have fallen into a trap, folks. Wake up.
Silent majority

Alexandria, VA

#20 Aug 12, 2013
Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are just a moron aren't you? You lean on things 50 years or more old as your "proof" of today.
Hahahaha....Its called "history" you ding dong.... lay off the topix and read some of it.

http://suwanneegop.com/NBRA%20Civil%20Rights%...
1 post removed
Gosh

Huntington, WV

#22 Aug 12, 2013
Silent majority wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha....Its called "history" you ding dong.... lay off the topix and read some of it.
http://suwanneegop.com/NBRA%20Civil%20Rights%...
You don't even have the guts to post my whole comment. Moron. I didn't say you were wrong about the Democrats in the late 1950's but after LBJ took office things changed a bit. I believe that is called history by intelligent folks, I'm not sure what you call it.
1 post removed
Silent majority

Alexandria, VA

#24 Aug 12, 2013
Gosh wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even have the guts to post my whole comment. Moron. I didn't say you were wrong about the Democrats in the late 1950's but after LBJ took office things changed a bit. I believe that is called history by intelligent folks, I'm not sure what you call it.
It takes "guts" to post on topix?

Why should i repost your next sentence? Im not addresssing your next sentence. Im addressing your first sentence.
Silent majority

Alexandria, VA

#25 Aug 12, 2013
I see you "regisTURD" so nobody can use your precious name. Your part of the topix family now. How cute. We all have goals i guess..
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's your only argument, you're failing miserably.


Then prove me wrong..show me how democrats championed civil rights. It should be easy to refute, its public record.
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Parties change genius. Old racist southern democrats migrated to the Republican Party.
Republicans didnt have "to change" like democrats...they were never racists to begin with.
_-zaphod-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone can type out a list, would you mind listing the GOP list of beneficial programs?
Its in the links..read em' and educate yourself hater.

http://everythingiknowiswrong.com/2005/02/his...
Silent majority

Alexandria, VA

#26 Aug 12, 2013
Heres an excerpt since im certain you fools wont read it...

"Al Franken, feeling the need to respond to the GOP's republican civil rights accomplishment calender, when unable to refute any of the items in the calender by factual means, resorts to childish means: he makes fun of the fact some of the dates of the achievements listed on the calender ARE OLD. Why this seems relevant to Franken, in view of the fact that the calender celebrates 150 years of achievements, is not immediately apparent. Franken's intellectual powers seldom seem more limited than they do in this opinion piece. He, unlike the rank and file of his party, is part of the misinformation machine.
Now, it is true that Republicans have been involved in civil rights issues for a century and a half. For the first 100 or so years, they were the party that was "for" civil rights.

Then they switched sides with the Democrats, and for half a century they've been more involved on the "against" side."

The first paragraph is right, the second is what he wants you to believe; there was no switching of sides--the Democrats merely switched their rhetoric.

Lmao...he's describing you guys. You might want to update your talking points.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 3 min YIM 417
Hot bartender at black sheep 4 min GFY 22
liberal's support the selling of aborted baby o... 9 min Low information l... 22
New book written by Jennifer Charles Ward 18 min -zaphod- 7
Billi Crutcher is hookin again 22 min yuck 1
handing out the D 56 min Goyat 6
Biggest loose vag 1 hr Goyat 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages