Huntington City Mission (WOW)

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PLEASE HELP US

Huntington, WV

#1 Sep 22, 2010
The Huntington City Mission is run like a prison this is no lie, they treat you like a peace of trash its like they kick you while your down, and then you have to be put thru hell to stay here like tracking cards have to be done every week this is where you have to go to welfare, housing and Harmony house and all the job search stuff which is fine but come on why is it you have to go see Cindy Rae at Harmony House shes just the most hatefull person and its so depressing to have to go there let alone get put down and told no shes not helping you with your rent to live at the city mission i just dont understand people that want to make you feel like nothing because you need help. some of us are trying to get back on track and are very upset to be in this situation so why make us go thru this? anyone who knows Cindy Rae knows exactly what i mean when i say she is so mean to people. and Why does the people who have to stay at the mission having to pay rent there some of us pay 201.00 a month its crazy. and if its not paid by the 5th of the month your out no matter if you have a baby or not, even in the winter, they dont care. And the food they feed people is just absolutely disqusting its so sad. most of the time you cant even identify it. I really wished someone BIG would come in here as a client and stay here to see what we go thru, I hope to get back as much feedback on this as i can, we all need to do something about this for all the people who have to stay here now and the future. God Bless, and I pray you dont ever have to be in this place.
STOP AND READ PLEASE

Bellevue, MI

#2 Sep 23, 2010
theres so much that goes on there i agree with you 199 percent that place is run with no reguards of the homeless people its rrun to get money in the pockets of all who run it. and with that being said nobody wants to find out the truth about it because of the people involved are all taking up for each other its a shame that our town doesnt get more invlved with the things that go on in places like the Huntington city mission, and its happening in front of our faces yet nobody wants to get involved with it. i hope someone eventually steps up and does something to help you all i used to donate money and clothing and stuff but i know that you all dont get it so i stopped. anything nice you donate they keep for themselves like food the food that logans and other places donate you all dont see it is put back for there dinners they have to raise more money for them. some of it might go on you all but theres so much more that doesnt. my prayers are with you all goodluck i hope someone comes in and poses as a client and finds out where all this money thats donated has went, i have noticed Pastor Pete and Amy drive brand new trucks and matching Bass Boats to match. hmmmmmmm do you make that much money working there? lol we all know. now someone needs to do something for these people who are staying there...
true

AOL

#3 Sep 23, 2010
For years the CM employees have been nothing but a pack of thieves. But for sheer rudeness Information and Referral beats them hands down.
help yourself

Huntington, WV

#4 Sep 23, 2010
Its not there to make life so great that people wont want to leave. Its there to get people through until their back on their OWN feet!! Dont complain the food isnt good-be thankful you have something to put in your belly. And last i checked...$200 is a great price for a month, what did you think you paying toward, a month at the Marriott?
Whats crazy is the system wont help someone who works full time, but if they quit working then they could have money for daycare, food stamps, health insurance, etc. I mean really who would need daycare if they dodnt work??? Doesnt make any sense.
At any rate...get the help you need and move on. Dont complain b/c your free assistance doesnt meet your standards.
to help yourself

Charleston, WV

#5 Sep 23, 2010
So you are excusing the stealing by the employees as acceptable since the customers deserve it? I want to work for you.
Ha ha

United States

#6 Sep 23, 2010
To help yourself: first off let me say get off your high and mighty soa box go down and look at what these people have to live like see if that changes ur mind. Second of all how in the hell do they expect people to get on their feet and save money to get a place if they have to pay rent in 2 places at once. I make barely min wage and I couldn't do it. I wish there was something I could do to help but unfortunately they refuse do listen to average citizens who can't line their pockets unless u pay for the time they won't listen. Homeless unite instead of sleeping inside the building sleep on the sidewalk right infront u can sleep there for free and maybe grab some attention for the problem!
my next bunky

Salem, IN

#7 Sep 23, 2010
help yourself wrote:
Its not there to make life so great that people wont want to leave. Its there to get people through until their back on their OWN feet!! Dont complain the food isnt good-be thankful you have something to put in your belly. And last i checked...$200 is a great price for a month, what did you think you paying toward, a month at the Marriott?
Whats crazy is the system wont help someone who works full time, but if they quit working then they could have money for daycare, food stamps, health insurance, etc. I mean really who would need daycare if they dodnt work??? Doesnt make any sense.
At any rate...get the help you need and move on. Dont complain b/c your free assistance doesnt meet your standards.
I really dont think you could make it a day in here yes we thank God we have soemwhere and nobodys denying that and you aint nothing but a paycheck away from being one of our bunkys so be carefull what you say God dont like ugly and as far as the food its not fit to even eat, but there are alot of donations here for us maybe you didnt understand that part we have to stay here and eat here were trying to get on our feet and its kind of hard to do this if they take our money some of us are really trying we have jobs and kids and still getting kicked by poeple like you while were down. but its ok because im going to make it even tho people like you dont think so. like your th only person in the world who works. if you didnt like what was written on here you should have kept your selfishness to yourself.God Bless you anyway.
Yada yada yada

Huntington, WV

#8 Sep 24, 2010
my next bunky wrote:
<quoted text>
I really dont think you could make it a day in here yes we thank God we have soemwhere and nobodys denying that and you aint nothing but a paycheck away from being one of our bunkys so be carefull what you say God dont like ugly and as far as the food its not fit to even eat, but there are alot of donations here for us maybe you didnt understand that part we have to stay here and eat here were trying to get on our feet and its kind of hard to do this if they take our money some of us are really trying we have jobs and kids and still getting kicked by poeple like you while were down. but its ok because im going to make it even tho people like you dont think so. like your th only person in the world who works. if you didnt like what was written on here you should have kept your selfishness to yourself.God Bless you anyway.
Hmmm...you posted this at 10:00 pm. Now tell me where you could be that you'd have access to the internet if you are so poor and down on your luck. I feel bad for the homeless and I help when I can...but right now, all I see is whining. If the living conditions aren't up to your standards, then leave the City Mission and quit giving them money for rent. If it's REALLY not "that bad" tough it out until you can afford better. It's no one's responsibility to help you out. This mentality is why we now have a Democrat in office and why our country is trillions of dollars in debt. People want handouts with no effort on their part. People do so out of the kindness of their hearts. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and DO SOMETHING about your situation. If you think my post is harsh, I'm sorry. But it's time people start taking care of themselves!
Hope to see ya there

Eaton Rapids, MI

#9 Sep 24, 2010
Yada yada yada wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...you posted this at 10:00 pm. Now tell me where you could be that you'd have access to the internet if you are so poor and down on your luck. I feel bad for the homeless and I help when I can...but right now, all I see is whining. If the living conditions aren't up to your standards, then leave the City Mission and quit giving them money for rent. If it's REALLY not "that bad" tough it out until you can afford better. It's no one's responsibility to help you out. This mentality is why we now have a Democrat in office and why our country is trillions of dollars in debt. People want handouts with no effort on their part. People do so out of the kindness of their hearts. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps and DO SOMETHING about your situation. If you think my post is harsh, I'm sorry. But it's time people start taking care of themselves!
Hmmmmmm yes i posted this at 10pm because my bunky has a computer for her school which is really none of your concern but as far as everything else yes we do appreciate the help and yes there is alot of people who doesnt even try there but im not one of them all i was saying was for them to check out where the money is going that people are donating to them people like you need to come down from your high horse and stay here for a week i guarentee you that you wouldnt make it a day in there i understand all of what you say and im not even worried about me its the kids in strollers who are sick and put out from 8am till 5pm its the elderly on crutches and cant stand up let alone walk around for hours with nowhere to go. see people like you need to be put in the situation so you arent so quick to judge people you can see for yourself how some of us live. its poeple like you that makes this world like it is. so if you didnt like what i wrote move along nobody ask you to take time from your precious wonderfull life to post something on here that you know absolutely nothing about. live it then come talk to me..
SMH

Hurricane, WV

#10 Sep 24, 2010
I understand it's hard when you're going through financial struggles...but be thankful the mission is there. I know the pastor who runs it and he's a wonderful man. You might not like everyone that works there, the way they do things, or the food---but they're doing what they can. They don't have the resources to do everything for everyone. Yeah it's not always a walk in the park, but it's better than most people around the world will ever have. Most countries don't even have missions. Maybe a change of perspective would be helpful....
thankfull

Huntington, WV

#11 Oct 6, 2010
SMH wrote:
I understand it's hard when you're going through financial struggles...but be thankful the mission is there. I know the pastor who runs it and he's a wonderful man. You might not like everyone that works there, the way they do things, or the food---but they're doing what they can. They don't have the resources to do everything for everyone. Yeah it's not always a walk in the park, but it's better than most people around the world will ever have. Most countries don't even have missions. Maybe a change of perspective would be helpful....
I know that God has give us a place warm to lay our heads and we all are very thankfull BUT when you feel that charging people 200.00 for rent and calling it a donation is ok come stay here for a while and see if how you live is ok. if you do not donate your 200.00 for rent you get kicked out no matter what, also it doesnt matter if you have a child or not they do not care, your out. and if that isnt bad enough well then after you pay your rent from 8am till 4:30pm your walking the streets in the cold or heat it doesnt matter. if thats not bad enough then you eat barely enough to keep you alive if you dont care to eat donutes with rat poo on them and cob webbs I know alot of you dont understand but just stay here for 1 week then come back and tell me be thankfull. guarentee you will be on here trying to get help for the ones who have to stay here. It seems like everyone wants to throw be thankfull to us but have no idea what people go thru there its bad enough to have to go there but to be kicked and stomped while were there is just sad.
seen enough

Huntington, WV

#12 Oct 20, 2010
If you don't like the way things are run at the mission, maybe you should take your 200 dollars and try to pay rent, utilities and buy food somewhere where you will be happy. They are government funded and do not get enough money to cover everything that they provide for everyone. I heard a man tell Pastor Pete that he was going to call the attorney general and turn him in because the ac was broken. Well you know what, it is not a hotel. If you don't like it, find somewhere else to stay and stop expecting a handout. They make people go out during the day to look for work so they can get back on their own. Many times I see people sitting across the street, watching the clock waiting for the time that they can go back in. This is not helping you get a job so you can move out. Stop complaining and get a job so you can take care of yourself like the rest of us.
WhyDoYouNeedToKn ow

Carmel, IN

#13 Nov 15, 2010
Pastor Pete drives a nice truck because he can. Why is it any of your business? He can afford it, and it isn't from his mission paycheck. The man is a businessman with income that doesn't come from the mission.
Anonymous

Branchland, WV

#14 Nov 15, 2010
I used know a girl that worked at the mission she always brought home food that was "left overs" and bags of clothes and household goods. Her and some of the other employees would grab the donated items and go thru it and what they didn't want they would take it back to the mission.
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

#15 Nov 15, 2010
AND that is wrong in so many ways. I just moved here from Charleston and i called the mission to see if they could help me get my Children some Christmas and they turned me down i have not been able to find me a job here i came here to help take care of my father in law and i hate it here so much people here are rude and so hateful sometime i wonder how people can go to bed at night being such rude and hateful people but that is fine God is watching he will only help the ones who help others and they will get what is comming to them and i will just laugh... If anyone know's of any place that will help me get my Childern Christmas here in Huntington please let me know and may God Bless you all through Christmas Season..
concerned

Ashland, KY

#16 Nov 16, 2010
There are Goverment Assisted Income Based Housing all over Huntington, I know people who are living in the apartments and they are happy they pay a small amount of rent and the Goverment usually helps with the utilities. Go to Welfare office and get a links card for food. There are even programs for transportation. You really must want better in order to find it. Not just say you want better. There is absolutely NO reason that any able bodied person should be homeless I know a girl who works 3 Jobs goes to school and suppourts her self. They are min Wage jobs but she does it. No excuses, either be thankful for what you are getting or go find something better.
Get a job

Huntington, WV

#17 Nov 17, 2010
Two legs and a heartbeat means job ! Job means food and rent. Fu@kin bums get a life or take yours. Manpower is rite down the road go get a job sale your buggy that u stole from walmart. Or dollar store save your beer money that hard working people with jobs gave your dead beat azz word of the day is job let me spell it for ya JOB
life_is_hard

Seattle, WA

#18 Nov 17, 2010
I understand life is hard and sometimes we get caught in situations that we can't seem to get out of. But what makes me mad is that I work across from the mission and I see people all the time with cell phones and computers. The mission is there to help people who are in tough spot and really need help, not for bums that don't want to work. I am nine months pregnant and I still take my butt to work everyday, so if I can do it so can everybody else. I think the mission is a wonderful thing for those who need it but for those who do must remember its a temporary solution. Don't spend the rest of your lives settling for having nothing and depending on others. Good luck to all those who really need the help and keep your heads up.
unopinionated

Harrisonburg, VA

#19 Nov 18, 2010
There are a lot of housing projects in Huntington that are HUD subsidized, put an application in at one of them and wait. There are long waiting lists, but at least its a step up from the city mission. Income is about 30 percent of what you make a month. There is a yearly recertification to redetermine your rent and you have a monthly inspection to make sure that you are doing housekeeping. Or, if you are working and have good credit, put an application in at the local Habitat for Humanity on Virginia ave. They build houses for working families. Its a 25 year interest free loan. you pay about $250-300 a month for 25 years, plus you have to put in a few hundred hours of volunteer work. There are ways to better your situation, you just have to be willing to put in the work and time
Toney Bear

Huntington, WV

#20 Jan 19, 2011
its funny that ppl are trying to defend the city mission..i was 15 when my mom had to take me to live there and i remember when i was out in the freezing cold bc we got kicked out during the day and the staff that was there when i was cept Jalisa were thieves..and Pastor Pete is a fraud...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 2016 Presidential Runners What a JOKE 5 min MarkJ- 49
"Attorney" Paula Harbour? (May '13) 18 min Backtrack 25
True Tips For The Police 30 min MiSfiT 6
St. Marys nurses 1 hr dandieselonian 9
Best church in Huntington 1 hr Silent Majority 11
Leftists / Demonrats 1 hr Silent Majority 25
Once you've been to Heaven 1 hr Insatiable 3
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE