Are pit bulls allowed at the dog park?
Boss

Newport News, VA

#25 Jun 26, 2012
dog owner wrote:
I love my dog and my family. If any dog would attack me or my family, I would kill it. A sterotype exists for a reason, usually some truth is involved. I carry a gun and would use it on any animal or person that puts me or my family in fear of our lives. If you can control your dog, I think you should be allowed to bring it. If it gets aggressive and attacks, don't be surprised when I kill that muvr fkr.
Then I would pull my gun and kill you
1 post removed
x

Huntington, WV

#27 Jun 26, 2012
A lot of dogs are territorial. Chances are there will be fights between several (not necessarily just pit bulls).
As for a dog attacking, it's more likely that a dog raised under bad conditions will attack than one that was raised in great ones(loving home, fed, etc). Most dogs will protect their masters.-just saying
yes

Massillon, OH

#28 Jun 26, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh really? Your confident? How about this my truck (not a pos) is nicer than most on the road which is paid for by me not the state like most around here has full coverage as does my motorcycle. I work 50+ hours a week to keep you and your family's food stamps coming in. So the next time you want to talk smack you need to check yourself. As far as my dog goes he would never hurt anyone or anything. Pitt bulls have a history in the police force, armed forces, therapy, and seeing eye dogs. They are very brilliant animals.
kudos!! Well said .people want to act rightous because of what they hear or been told. I my self having a loving pit bull yhat is actually very submissive to other dogs. She thinks she a lapdog. My question to anyone is if you believe its the dog and not the trainer/owner how many have seen attack with own eyes???? Prob non and those that have how was it unpovoked?? See it before u speak it
1 post removed
ignorance is bliss

New York, NY

#30 Jun 26, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Pitt bull owners are as arrogant and stupid as they are funny. I can only assume drug use dulls the senses to the point that this kind of talk makes sense.
I'm confident you don't have the proper insurance to even protect those that could be hurt by your dog, much less basic liability coverage on your beater car.
Wow, that was an intelligent comment. Pot calling the kettle black.
ignorance is bliss

New York, NY

#31 Jun 26, 2012
Boss wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I would pull my gun and kill you
Yet, another intelligent comment.
ignorance is bliss

New York, NY

#32 Jun 26, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>kudos!! Well said .people want to act rightous because of what they hear or been told. I my self having a loving pit bull yhat is actually very submissive to other dogs. She thinks she a lapdog. My question to anyone is if you believe its the dog and not the trainer/owner how many have seen attack with own eyes???? Prob non and those that have how was it unpovoked?? See it before u speak it
I concur.
Someones Mother

Seattle, WA

#33 Jun 27, 2012
The Pit bull debate can go on forever, but saying those things because that is their stereotype means that other stereotypes are true. Like all Mexicans are lazy, or all black ppl steal, or all hillbillies are toothless and stupid.

Stereotype - a set of inaccurate, simplistic generalizations about a group that allows others to categorize them and treat them accordingly
Dog parker

Russell, KY

#34 Jun 27, 2012
Yes pit bulls allowed without any restraints. My dog played with two yesterday.
arrogance

Huntington, WV

#35 Jun 27, 2012
The same mentality that has allowed this city to go to shit , will end up causing lawsuits and closure of this park.
xyz

Hurricane, WV

#36 Jun 27, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh really? Your confident? How about this my truck (not a pos) is nicer than most on the road which is paid for by me not the state like most around here has full coverage as does my motorcycle. I work 50+ hours a week to keep you and your family's food stamps coming in. So the next time you want to talk smack you need to check yourself. As far as my dog goes he would never hurt anyone or anything. Pitt bulls have a history in the police force, armed forces, therapy, and seeing eye dogs. They are very brilliant animals.
So, you are smart enough to own a nice truck (insured), a nice motorcycle (insured), have a nice job and work hard, but not intelligent enough to understand why pitts (or any other large breed of dog) should be muzzled when out in public? Are you related to the people who had their dogs fenced in (electronically), the dogs that mauled the two year old to death when it walked across that invisible electronic fence?

I have nothing against pitts and have been around those that are friendly and those that are aggressive. Thing is, you cannot trust a dog and a big dog can do alot of damage before you can gain control.
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

#37 Jun 27, 2012
i havent read any post but pitts are allowed. they have to have a muzzle. has anyone really ever looked into breeds? pit bull is in no.way a type of breed. not.even sure how.it came about as one.
GreyBox

Ostrander, OH

#38 Jun 27, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Pitt bulls have a history in the police force, armed forces, therapy, and seeing eye dogs. They are very brilliant animals.
They have a well documented history of attacking people and other dogs as well. It's not like people are making claims about them with no basis or proof. Rottweilers and Pitt-bulls (and their mixes) account for 67% of canine homicides.(I took that from a website). So I understand people not being comfortable around them but I also understand any dog could attack or be aggressive depending on how there raised or treated. Your dog may be a great dog buy how the hell is everyone else going to know that at the park? Only thing they know about Pits is what they see on TV or the news and its never good.
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#39 Jun 27, 2012
lulu1789 wrote:
i havent read any post but pitts are allowed. they have to have a muzzle. has anyone really ever looked into breeds? pit bull is in no.way a type of breed. not.even sure how.it came about as one.
In no way a breed type? The CKC disagrees:

http://www.continentalkennelclub.com/Ads.aspx...

But you are correct, in Huntington, any pitbull in public must be muzzled.
1 post removed
krk

Huntington, WV

#41 Jun 27, 2012
I have seen several pits at the dog park and haven't experienced any problems.
Level 8

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42 Jun 27, 2012
Pit bulls are not the only aggressive type dog, I personally do not own one nor do I plan......I have however seen alot of pit bulls that have been well cared for and I am not threatened.......I think it really depends on the owners treatment/caring or lack of sorta like humans.......I think alot more humans need muzzles.....but i agree with a few that said you know your dog and how they will react to other dogs so if feel it will be an issue maybe you should visit the dog park when its less populated......
1 post removed
Christian

Elkview, WV

#44 Jun 27, 2012
The thing about them is that 1 out of every 10 pit bull has a problem where its brain grows to big for its skull. Which can mean aggression. The dog can be perfectly fine then all of a sudden one day they snap and kill someone. Its the breed. It needs to be exterminated.
Jon

Charleston, WV

#45 Jun 27, 2012
WTF wrote:
Why should I have to put a muzzle on my pitt bull if all the other dogs don't have to wear one? Thats wrong!
Pitts are a dangerous dog is why dip $hit
JR

Charleston, WV

#46 Jun 27, 2012
WTF wrote:
If I wish I will take my dog to the park and I refuse to put a muzzle on him. He has done nothing wrong and I will not punish him for something he has never done. Pitts have a long history of being good dogs and I won't let moronic people ruin that. If my Pitt has to be muzzled then so should EVERY dog.
You will be asked to leave seen it happen once all ready
pam

Charleston, WV

#47 Jun 27, 2012
dog owner wrote:
I love my dog and my family. If any dog would attack me or my family, I would kill it. A sterotype exists for a reason, usually some truth is involved. I carry a gun and would use it on any animal or person that puts me or my family in fear of our lives. If you can control your dog, I think you should be allowed to bring it. If it gets aggressive and attacks, don't be surprised when I kill that muvr fkr.
You wouldn't have time to shoot the dog is problem #1 then all the people is reason #2. You should not be allowed to carry a gun.
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

#48 Jun 27, 2012
just saying when stated as a pit it should be properly stated between the terrier or stafford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cristin keesee 6 min anonymous 7
I was at Hardee's tough guy 39 min Old man 10
Take them panties off 1 hr -zaphod- 11
my friends man 1 hr Jus saying 4
Rachel Fuller 2 hr Inlove 4
Looks like Kim is headed to jail. 2 hr Jesco 120
andi 3 hr customer 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages