First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SavageNation

Hundred, WV

#86 Dec 10, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
And getting their ass stomped by 40 points a game on national tv really helps recruiting?
WVU just signed a 4-star DB Dravon Henry yesterday. He had offers from schools like Alabama, Florida St., Michigan, Ohio St., Va Tech, among numerous others.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/re...

Your theory about losing on national TV is invalid, and let me explain why. Recruits often look at a bigger picture than just W/L. Some look at locale (this kid is from PA), education programs (rarely), among other issues.

One of the most influential issues, though, is immediate playing time. Yeah, WVU didn't have a good year, but this kid might have looked at our struggling defense, and thought he could walk right in and start. This is where national TV exposure (regardless of W/L) is important, it gives potential recruits the opportunity to see a team and evaluate their chances of fitting in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsay Kennedy (Apr '10) 2 min who knows 29
Obama makes Slavery legal again. 3 min -zaphod- 2
Marshall you are a total embarrassment to the T... 4 min Luger Mole 16
Hillary wins the debate!! 7 min MarkJ- 1
Where is a good spot to panhandle? 10 min Ray rice 6
William Shreve Patrick (Mar '16) 21 min An old friend 5
Baltimore Street 500B 50 min Amber 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance