Hey Mountainqueer fans, hows it feel
Local fan

Waynesboro, VA

#63 Dec 7, 2013
I know one thing Kansas and Iowa state are glad that wvu joined the big 12 bahabaha
SavageNation

Parkersburg, WV

#64 Dec 7, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
9-3, a conference championship,a bowl victory =11-3 and a top 25 ranking.
Gimme yer eers.
Boy, you nailed that prediction!

All I've heard from you clowns are the conspiracy theories as to why the game wasn't played at the Joan (despite the fact that you can't do better than 25k attendance for a game). You guys drank the Chuck Landon Kool-Aid that MU was sooooo much better than Rice and deserved the game to be played in Huntington.

Then you got your asses paddled.

Don't count your eggs before they hatch.

O-12.
2 posts removed
nunya

Nashville, TN

#67 Dec 7, 2013
What was the attendance at the game today for Rice?

How about the attendance at WVU's conference championship game today?

Oh. Whoops. You don't have a lot of room to run your fat mouth.
Slim Pickens

Madison, WV

#68 Dec 7, 2013
nunya wrote:
. Who's your daddy now? Bawhahahaha! What a waste of a tv channel at prime time! Loser !
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#69 Dec 7, 2013
Slim Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>. Who's your daddy now? Bawhahahaha! What a waste of a tv channel at prime time! Loser !
Oh well, better then getting embarrased several times on national tv like the eers.
SavageNation

Parkersburg, WV

#70 Dec 7, 2013
nunya wrote:
I had heard that the attendance broke the 20k mark. That's awesome for a "conference championship" game. WVU has had that many in attendance for a spring game.
SavageNation

Parkersburg, WV

#71 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh well, better then getting embarrased several times on national tv like the eers.
That may be your landmark statement in showing how little you know about college football.

So, you want to tell me that playing on national TV week in and week out (regardless of outcome) is worse than not being on TV?

So, you mean to tell me that not being on TV actually helps with making your university more marketable to potential recruits? Believe it or not, there are D-1 caliber athletes in high schools all over the country who know little to nothing about Marshall University. Wouldn't you think that playing a few games on national TV might help with marketing the program? It certainly doesn't hurt.

Oh, and by the way, those "weekly embarrassments" are part of a Big 12 media contract that brings 20-million dollars to WVU annually.

That certainly doesn't hurt either.

Just keep on, you clearly know nothing about the game. You should stick to conservative values and meeting strangers at Dick's.
1 post removed
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#73 Dec 7, 2013
SavageNation wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be your landmark statement in showing how little you know about college football.
So, you want to tell me that playing on national TV week in and week out (regardless of outcome) is worse than not being on TV?
So, you mean to tell me that not being on TV actually helps with making your university more marketable to potential recruits? Believe it or not, there are D-1 caliber athletes in high schools all over the country who know little to nothing about Marshall University. Wouldn't you think that playing a few games on national TV might help with marketing the program? It certainly doesn't hurt.
Oh, and by the way, those "weekly embarrassments" are part of a Big 12 media contract that brings 20-million dollars to WVU annually.
Just keep on, you clearly know nothing about the game. You should stick to conservative values and meeting strangers at Dick's.
And getting their ass stomped by 40 points a game on national tv really helps recruiting? Those recruits of yours couldnt beat the Div. 1 AA playoff teams this year.And i'll stick to stomping ass a well on any libturd valued chickenshyts IF they ever had the balls to have shown up at Dicks. And i still got that receipt. LOL
Slim Pickens

Madison, WV

#74 Dec 8, 2013
SavageNation wrote:
<quoted text>
. You are stupid! Think before you post!
SavageNation

Parkersburg, WV

#75 Dec 8, 2013
Slim Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>. You are stupid! Think before you post!
Care to explain where I am wrong? I can provide links for every piece of information that I posted.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#76 Dec 8, 2013
SavageNation wrote:
<quoted text>
I had heard that the attendance broke the 20k mark. That's awesome for a "conference championship" game. WVU has had that many in attendance for a spring game.
Not next year.

Wonder how many will show up for Bama.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#77 Dec 8, 2013
SavageNation wrote:
<quoted text>
11 million of which you should probably hand over to Holgie real soon.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#78 Dec 8, 2013
SavageNation wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain where I am wrong? I can provide links for every piece of information that I posted.
He's a moron. Probably trying to respond to someone else.
SavageNation

Hundred, WV

#79 Dec 9, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
11 million of which you should probably hand over to Holgie real soon.
They'll give him one more year, and if they don't win at least 7 games next year, then he'll be gone.

I've even heard some Mountaineer faithful wanting to bring back RichRod, could you imagine the hellstorm that would happen if that was the case?
nunya

Nashville, TN

#80 Dec 9, 2013
SavageNation wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll give him one more year, and if they don't win at least 7 games next year, then he'll be gone.
I've even heard some Mountaineer faithful wanting to bring back RichRod, could you imagine the hellstorm that would happen if that was the case?
Seriously! Talk about people ditching their season tickets. Why in the world would he want to come back anyway? Didn't the man get death threats like Lee Corso? Anyway, at some point you're gonna run out of money buying, selling and suing!

I just now realized how drama filled the last 15 years have been for WVU. Someone should make a movie.
SavageNation

Nitro, WV

#81 Dec 9, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously! Talk about people ditching their season tickets. Why in the world would he want to come back anyway? Didn't the man get death threats like Lee Corso? Anyway, at some point you're gonna run out of money buying, selling and suing!
I just now realized how drama filled the last 15 years have been for WVU. Someone should make a movie.
Yeah, he claims to have received some death threats. But, there have been a large portion of the fanbase who thinks that he might be the only one to get the program back on track.

He is on record saying that he would like to get back to his "roots" in the Mountain State.

When I first heard this discussion, I had to laugh, and thought that Mountaineer Field might be the only stadium in college football where extra security would be needed for it's own head coach.

Crazier things have happened.....
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#82 Dec 9, 2013
You might laugh at this post but Doc Holliday being considered isnt out of the question.The WV alumni actually had him pegged for the job after Rodriguez left but after the bowl victory over Georgia Bill Stewert was so endeared to the players and fans that they gave it to him.This was told to me by a person who's friend was involved with the selection process.They've always been impressed by Hollidays recruiting skills while with WVU and Florida.He's an alumni,ex athlete and asst coach for the eers.
Henry

Kansas City, MO

#83 Dec 10, 2013
Both football teams are not very good.
SavageNation

Hundred, WV

#84 Dec 10, 2013
You might laugh at this post but Doc Holliday being considered isnt out of the question.The WV alumni actually had him pegged for the job after Rodriguez left but after the bowl victory over Georgia Bill Stewert was so endeared to the players and fans that they gave it to him.This was told to me by a person who's friend was involved with the selection process.They've always been impressed by Hollidays recruiting skills while with WVU and Florida.He's an alumni,ex athlete and asst coach for the eers.
I have heard the same from very good sources. I'm not to flattered about the idea though, and here's why:

1. Yes, he's an excellent recruiter, probably one of the best in the country, but,

2. His skills as a head coach are still not yet proven. I personally think he choked in the VT / MTSU losses.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#85 Dec 10, 2013
SavageNation wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard the same from very good sources. I'm not to flattered about the idea though, and here's why:
1. Yes, he's an excellent recruiter, probably one of the best in the country, but,
2. His skills as a head coach are still not yet proven. I personally think he choked in the VT / MTSU losses.
Agreed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buck Season 18 min THE REAL ALRIGHTY... 19
America Held Hostage Day 301 24 min IP Tracker Specia... 10
Liberals are sexual predators 28 min Silent Majority 103
Woman dismembered no arrest 45 min Big Bad Whitey 20
bi curious girl In Huntington ? 1 hr ayeeeeee 4
Popeye's chicken 1 hr Big Bad Whitey 3
Who is the best attorney in Huntington for SSI ... 1 hr zeeker 1

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance