chirstmas help for my kids? i

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
any

United States

#1 Dec 9, 2013
I am a working mom with 2 children any information on assists that help make children's x-mas a pleasant one?
1 post removed
try

Proctorville, OH

#3 Dec 10, 2013
any wrote:
I am a working mom with 2 children any information on assists that help make children's x-mas a pleasant one?
Churches love to help!!! Any organization ???? Good luck every child deserves to have gifts on x mas morn
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Dec 10, 2013
any wrote:
The first thing you should is to put "Christ" bick in Christmas. When you "X" Him out you have no Christmas! Merry Christmas, and I hope the Lord blesses you and your family
any

Proctorville, OH

#5 Dec 10, 2013
Thank you, u r right, tx writing.
actually

United States

#6 Dec 10, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>The first thing you should is to put "Christ" bick in Christmas. When you "X" Him out you have no Christmas! Merry Christmas, and I hope the Lord blesses you and your family
It turns out,“Xmas” is not a non-religious version of “Christmas”. The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek, meaning “Christ”. So “Xmas” and “Christmas” are equivalent in every way except their lettering.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#7 Dec 10, 2013
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
It turns out,“Xmas” is not a non-religious version of “Christmas”. The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek, meaning “Christ”. So “Xmas” and “Christmas” are equivalent in every way except their lettering.
Any, Did not post in Greek, but did so in English! You too have a blessed Christmas and may the Lord bless you...
ugga bugga

Ann Arbor, MI

#8 Dec 10, 2013
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>may the Lord bless you...
and may the lord bless all those young alter boys molested and raped by the priests of the church.
Silent Majority

Chesapeake, OH

#9 Dec 11, 2013
Scam alert...

I'll pass...i tried that last year. Spent a ton and didnt even get a thank you...
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Dec 11, 2013
ugga bugga wrote:
<quoted text>and may the lord bless all those young alter boys molested and raped by the priests of the church.
And Lord, as you are blessing those alter boys, give a special blessing to "ugga bugga".
any

Proctorville, OH

#11 Dec 11, 2013
Silent Majority wrote:
Scam alert...

I'll pass...i tried that last year. Spent a ton and didnt even get a thank you...
Bless u , but not looking for individual help. Was hoping for organization .
asap

Proctorville, OH

#12 Dec 11, 2013
Silent Majority wrote:
Scam alert...

was or should have been out of goodness , no thank you not expected??
Jeff

Huntington, WV

#13 Dec 11, 2013
Silent Majority wrote:
Scam alert...

Agree with you. I have a problem with helping people that have multiple kids, claiming they can't find work or significant other cant find work, but they live in a nice house with a nice vehicle, kids walking around in name brand new clothes & shoes & everyone has an iPhone, iPad or computer. Then, they complain after they received the gifts, because its not what they asked for.
Learned two years ago that it's better to spend the money on the elderly (they have simply needs & are very appreciative).

United States

#14 Dec 11, 2013
Wow
Anonymous

Sharon Springs, NY

#15 Dec 11, 2013
There are locals churches here that could help, but ya know I'm kind of a long time away from u so ya sorry
faith

Lizemores, WV

#16 Dec 11, 2013
yeah i hope all kids have a good christmess or a fare one'in a loveing home godbless' and there places that will help chruchs for one' and others in your area'pray to jesus and this will come true.
any

Proctorville, OH

#17 Dec 11, 2013
faith wrote:
yeah i hope all kids have a good christmess or a fare one'in a loveing home godbless' and there places that will help chruchs for one' and others in your area'pray to jesus and this will come true.
Thank you, we are and god bless!!
any

Proctorville, OH

#18 Dec 11, 2013
faith wrote:
Looking for organization near proctorville?
1 post removed
any

Proctorville, OH

#20 Dec 11, 2013
Harold wrote:
Try any of the churches or Salvation Army. Also call any of the local Masonic Lodges. All may help. I am so sorry your struggling. Please pray for a solution. The Lord will send someone through your door to help You. I have had many hard times in my life. We have been hungry and God ways sent a bag of groceries through the door. My mother was in decline with leukemia. I thought she was going to die. I prayed long hours for help. Mom started getting better. Her blood count came back up and her condition is in remission. I am not making this up.
Yes!! I've been through similar situation . Thank you , I know it will work out. Guess just feeling lil worried!!
This is funny

Huntington, WV

#21 Dec 11, 2013
I love it when people post this stuff on topix 2 weeks out from Christmas. It's such a load of crap. They do this because people are usually more generous this time of year. So this person thought the "kids" would have a good Christmas all year then just realized that didn't have any money? I am very proud at everyone who responded by giving this person options, and not money.

Two years ago I read a similar post on here, and offered to help buy Christmas presents for someone's kids. I told her that I would spend 100 bucks on each kid, and she was so happy until I told her to meet me at my work at the police dept. Needless to say she never showed and the post was taken down.
1 post removed
any

Proctorville, OH

#23 Dec 12, 2013
Harold wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful and not judge. We do not know her situation or what dynamics have changed in her life . Economically a lot of Americans are suffering this year. Let those of us who are not struggling forget that we can end up in her situation. Most people are just a couple pay checks away from homelessness.
Thank you , yes people r having hard times . So sad looks like no change anytime soon. Worse r children being neglected or abused, my heart goes out to them and hope they find strength and peace!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blacks vs whites (Mar '14) 2 min southern at heart 40
I don't feel that I should take a back seat cuz... 7 min Loyal 46
Shelbi Crow at Riverpark Hospital 2 hr snickers 2
Union couldn't save 400 jobs at Mylan 3 hr union thug 7
America Held Hostage Day 460 4 hr MarkJ- 3
Baltimore Street drugs (Feb '17) 5 hr Silver Oldsmobile 1,929
Power outage all of West end 5 hr Doppelganger 1

Huntington Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages