Level 1

Since: May 13

Apollo, PA

#1 May 21, 2013
What do you think about the new policy changes at St Marys?
Cynical

Chesapeake, OH

#2 May 21, 2013
Did they ban intrashift sex with co-workers?
bologna sandwich

United States

#3 May 21, 2013
baggagenite wrote:
What do you think about the new policy changes at St Marys?
what changes?

Level 1

Greensburg, PA

#4 May 21, 2013
They are eliminating the nurse aid positions, changing the LPN role to assist the RN who will be on primary care for up to 5 patients. Got a lot of people upset.
smmc rn

Saint Albans, WV

#5 May 21, 2013
baggagenite wrote:
<quoted text>They are eliminating the nurse aid positions, changing the LPN role to assist the RN who will be on primary care for up to 5 patients. Got a lot of people upset.
Who's upset? It sure isn't the RN's. The nurse aids can't do anything but bathe pts. They aren't allowed to chart, help pass Meds, draw labs, ect..... I can give a pt a bath myself.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6 May 21, 2013
baggagenite wrote:
<quoted text>They are eliminating the nurse aid positions, changing the LPN role to assist the RN who will be on primary care for up to 5 patients. Got a lot of people upset.
I think it's funny that you are replying to yourself.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 May 21, 2013
baggagenite wrote:
Who's upset? Not the RN's. The aides can't do anything. They aren't allowed to chart, pass Meds, stick labs, ect..... The only thing they can do is give baths. I can give a bath myself.
curious

United States

#8 May 21, 2013
Are these changes being implemented in every department or just on the floors? What about the OR?
Just Saying

Huntington, WV

#9 May 22, 2013
No need to get your panties in a wad over new policies. They preach they're going to discipline if policy is not followed, but they never do. How are they going to enforce the new policies if the managers, charge RN, techs, supervisors & even directors are not following the policies?

Level 1

Export, PA

#10 May 22, 2013
Well..in theory the plan will work..but in reality we all know there sre going to ne people who think they are special and rules don't apply to them. These are the people who make it difficult for everyone else. They sit around trying to "look" busy while everyone else is busting ass to get the work done....and in the end everyone gets their butts chewed over things they don' t even know about...things their lazy co- workers should have done and didn' t. Just makes me mad that it is allowed to happen.
hardworker

Saint Albans, WV

#11 May 22, 2013
I work in a department where my clinical manager sits on her bottom all day surfing the Internet. She can not even do the testing the department requires. Why can't the hospital see this and clean it out. Very discouraging and disappointing.

Level 1

Derry, PA

#12 May 22, 2013
The higher ups do not want to see what is wrong...if they actually know then they would have to do something about it. And that would mean admitting they are wrong...that St Marys is not a place like no other!
curious

Huntington, WV

#13 May 23, 2013
baggagenite wrote:
The higher ups do not want to see what is wrong...if they actually know then they would have to do something about it. And that would mean admitting they are wrong...that St Marys is not a place like no other!
You hit the nail right on the head, so true. Also, it would mean someone would actually have to do their job & work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cash Me Ousside RLN 1 min Bergolli 2
eddie hutchinson (Nov '11) 12 min knows better 10
Baltimore Street drugs 18 min Tony 39
Jockey Club 42 min Sam Bates 15
Facebook prayers 48 min Wanda 7
Democrat DNC debate was like a clown car 58 min yawn 5
A day without liberals 1 hr Reginald Blackskin 6
Rioting erupts in immigrant Swedish suburb 2 hr Susan 33

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web