Umm

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Doesnt huntington high have special programs for kids that need help with anger management etc..social workers or counselors, isnt prestera there, our systems need more preventative measures in place and more assistance for students and families after things like this happen
Deserved

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Jimmy Justice wrote:
So HHS wants to punish the person who recorded the fight as much as the fighters? Isn't that like witness intimidation or punishing the whistle blower? Without the video they'd have little evidence for the police to follow up on. These are legitimate questions. Thank goodness someone recorded it so charges could be brought forth. Shame on the administration for going after the recorder of the video.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Brutal-Fig...
The cruel child that filmed the fight deserves punishment as well. What kind of world do we live in when a child will record a violent fight jnstead of going to get help? Hard to believe kids just stand and watch cruelty happen to another child. Little sickos
1 post removed
slim

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Deserved wrote:
<quoted text>
The cruel child that filmed the fight deserves punishment as well. What kind of world do we live in when a child will record a violent fight jnstead of going to get help? Hard to believe kids just stand and watch cruelty happen to another child. Little sickos
what about reporters doing the same thing?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

eye witness wrote:
<quoted text>it is against the school policy to watch a fight lol? better suspend them kids sitting on the bench in the background lmao. seriously they have a rule against watching a fight - shaking my head.
Yes. There is. The more attention a fight gets the longer it's likely to go on. Common sense.
Laws were broken

Chesapeake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Violent felony assault, inciting a riot, violating FERPA laws by posting it. Wish I were that kids attorney. I'd own that town.
kbma

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

What was the fight posted on and named
B for Bailey

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Laws were broken wrote:
Violent felony assault, inciting a riot, violating FERPA laws by posting it. Wish I were that kids attorney. I'd own that town.
Plus not following school policy on fights. I wish you were that child lawyer. I feel sorry for both girls . They are both victims of school ot being safe by not having staff on duty
Skip

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

no one is ever happy on both sides of school issues, everyone could use a big cup of shut the f**k up,the world is not about just you.
Confused

Broadway, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

So the child gets in trouble for recording and will get in trouble for trying to break it up??? Either way there will be consequences, so the child chose to record. As a parent, I'm glad the video was released to show just how the halls are monitored while students are are in them. There is no reason why there shouldn't been someone seeing these actions take place! Thank God they didn't record someone getting beat to death, because it could've happened! You can't put all the blame on Mr. Webb, teachers need blame too! Students shouldn't be in trouble for staff not doing their job, and getting the same punishment as the two for fighting is ridiculous!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Confused wrote:
So the child gets in trouble for recording and will get in trouble for trying to break it up??? Either way there will be consequences, so the child chose to record. As a parent, I'm glad the video was released to show just how the halls are monitored while students are are in them. There is no reason why there shouldn't been someone seeing these actions take place! Thank God they didn't record someone getting beat to death, because it could've happened! You can't put all the blame on Mr. Webb, teachers need blame too! Students shouldn't be in trouble for staff not doing their job, and getting the same punishment as the two for fighting is ridiculous!
Teachers can't be in every place at all times. Students can weasel their ways into off limits areas. There is no 100% foolproof way of keeping them in an area. They will find a way. And if they want to fight, they will. No matter what.
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Without that recording the police would have no evidence think about that
Tutubopper

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Stop hiding wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'm sure they are out to protect the reputation of the school. Trying to punish that kid for making the video proves it. How about preventing things like this from happening in the first place? Not a teacher in sight. If I were the parents of the girl that got assaulted, I would look into suing them. I can't imagine how they felt, seeing their child done that way. Not one decent person around to try to stop it. We send our kids to school to get an education. Not to try to kill each other. They need to send that bully to prison, and see how she fares with a bunch of chicks that look like men and fight like them too. Her parents can't teach her how to act, let them have a crack at it. They need to send a message to all of the kids that violence will not be tolerated in our schools. This is not acceptable. That girl acted like an animal, she should be caged up like one. I don't mean to sound harsh, but she could have killed that girl slamming her head on the concrete like that. She is so lucky that was not my kid. I don't think I could have handled that. She needs an intervention now. I know, I have been there. She needs to figure out now, that is not the way to go. She thinks she's bad and she needs to learn now. Violence begats violence. I don't think she should be allowed back at school. I would not want my child around her. Someday that girl is probably going have kids of her own. How they deal with her now is going to determine whether she is gonna straighten up, or repeat the cycle of stupidity. I pray that 10 years down the road she is smart enough to be ashamed. I hope she won't be raising her kids to behave like she did in that video. The kid that made the video didn't hurt anyone. We needed to see it, so that we can put a stop to it. They need to stop trying to sweep things like this under the rug. If we don't do something it will only get worse. Parents talk to your kids every chance you get. Teach them better than this.
Teachers do not start work until 7:20 & are done at 3:20
seriously??

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Confused wrote:
Why not blame Webb? He is the administrator and obviously the staff start time should be as students are arriving to the school, not 7:20. Security was off campus and no changes were made to accommodate the absence. Notice that the teacher scheduled arrival times changed after the fact by Webb. Piss poor management. School is like a mini college campus. Too damn big with little supervision.

Loving Smith and the changes he is making...NOT. The newest school HEMS is a prime example of a total waste of money and poor planning. School is too small for all the kids it has to accommodate. Math class is held in the cafeteria because no classroom is large enough to accommodate all of students. Walls are so thin you can hear class discussion in the next room. For being "green", poor temperature control.

Change the board and make changes to these schools.
B for Bailey

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

[QUOTE who="seriously??"] <quoted text>
Why not blame Webb? He is the administrator and obviously the staff start time should be as students are arriving to the school, not 7:20. Security was off campus and no changes were made to accommodate the absence. Notice that the teacher scheduled arrival times changed after the fact by Webb. Piss poor management. School is like a mini college campus. Too damn big with little supervision.
Loving Smith and the changes he is making...NOT. The newest school HEMS is a prime example of a total waste of money and poor planning. School is too small for all the kids it has to accommodate. Math class is held in the cafeteria because no classroom is large enough to accommodate all of students. Walls are so thin you can hear class discussion in the next room. For being "green", poor temperature control.
Change the board and make changes to these schools.[/QUOTE]
Agree, need a change vote in election to get new board members.
Time for a change

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Kids are the being punished when its fault of Webb not providing a safe school by having supervision . The board and bill smith is responsible for making sure rules followed, bullied policy followed, safe school and staff do their job
Jaded

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Confused wrote:
Why do "teachers need blame too"? They don't set their start time, which is after the time the fight happened.
National News

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

How can we get this issue to become national news? The no recording rule is crazy. Its EVIDENCE.
Parent and Lawyer

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Changes should be coming soon. There cannot be in place an arbitrary blanket rule that disallows the observation of a physical confrontation.
Intimidator

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Sexykitten90 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is against school policy to watch or video a fight.
So It is also in violation of school rules to testify as a witness to a fight? I can see the intent of the recording rule: To prevent pre-staged fights or ambushes. As it has been presented, this is little more that a "No Snitch rule". It is all in the spirit of covering up the fact that there was no adult supervision present anywhere near the incident.
Intimidator

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Laws were broken wrote:
Ferpa has nothing to do with this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
S.G da baby shaker 5 min Angel Warrior 8
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 27 min George 53,698
Negros at Speedway 50 min solution 15
amber n cremeans 2 hr she knows 2
amber N Cremean fm west end 2 hr who 4
East end thief's (Nov '13) 2 hr JustWondering 1,365
who got shot by hpd last night? 2 hr Huntingtonian 1
Best ever hookers in huntington (Nov '12) 6 hr harvinfr 87
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cabell County was issued at July 26 at 2:02PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••