of 2
Next Last
lol

Danville, WV

#24 Jun 20, 2014
Student 444444 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to imply? That I don't contribute? Cute
I'm just saying that he deserves better seats for following protocol. Te poster wast bitching. He paid a little extra...and got better seats. It worked the way it's supposed to.
There's maybe 5000 Big Green donors, and the stadium averages 20000-25000 every year. Odds are, you don't, and the fact you didn't attempt to respond is answer enough.

That's great that he paid extra and got better seats. I'm sure there's a handful that did, and I'm sure several did what they had to do in order to keep longstanding seats. Many more people have given considerably through some terrible football in the 80s, great football in the 90s - 00s, and continued to give through the embarrassing Kayo Marcum years up to the present. Those people shouldn't have to pay upward to thousands more to keep dibs on seats they have certainly earned.

If the demand for seats merited it this move could be justified, but the place has only sold out once or twice when WVU came, and the rest of the time the stadium is usually 2/3 full on a good day.
proud mary

Proctorville, OH

#25 Jun 20, 2014
BigGreen wrote:
I having been donating $100 to Big Green for twenty years. I raised it to $150 this year and hot 4 great seats. This pushed my points up so I bid early. Whoever had my seats should have donated at least the minimum, but were too cheap. Sorry
They may not be cheap only maybe laid off or now on a fixed income. The rich guy who has maybe never seen a game in the stadium just took the 20 year season ticket holders seats. I hope Marshall loses their ass on this greedy scam.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#26 Jun 21, 2014
samari wrote:
Simply buying a ticket use to get you into a game.This use to be enough to support the team!
Yea in 1965. Welcome to 2014 Division 1 football.

Level 2

Earth

#27 Jun 21, 2014
proud mary wrote:
<quoted text>They may not be cheap only maybe laid off or now on a fixed income. The rich guy who has maybe never seen a game in the stadium just took the 20 year season ticket holders seats. I hope Marshall loses their ass on this greedy scam.
Again wrong. It's a point system. Stop talking out of your ass
Hello

Huntington, WV

#28 Jun 21, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
There's maybe 5000 Big Green donors, and the stadium averages 20000-25000 every year. Odds are, you don't, and the fact you didn't attempt to respond is answer enough.
That's great that he paid extra and got better seats. I'm sure there's a handful that did, and I'm sure several did what they had to do in order to keep longstanding seats. Many more people have given considerably through some terrible football in the 80s, great football in the 90s - 00s, and continued to give through the embarrassing Kayo Marcum years up to the present. Those people shouldn't have to pay upward to thousands more to keep dibs on seats they have certainly earned.
If the demand for seats merited it this move could be justified, but the place has only sold out once or twice when WVU came, and the rest of the time the stadium is usually 2/3 full on a good day.
I'm just taking a guess based on the person you're responding to's username, and the fact that he said he sits in the end zone--I do believe he is a student. Therefore he technically does donate to the school annually.

I do agree with the rest of your post, though.:)
Jethro

Huntington, WV

#29 Jun 22, 2014
It won't be long before they hack the co$t of the basketball tickets, since a D'Antoni is the coach.
blah

Milton, WV

#30 Jun 24, 2014
Who cares

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#31 Jun 24, 2014
Why would any of you buy tickets (much less season tickets) to see the blundering turds?
porter

Proctorville, OH

#32 Jun 25, 2014
Mr_Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>Again wrong. It's a point system. Stop talking out of your ass
I have many points accumulated because I have been buying season tickets for many years. I lost my seats to a guy that never had season tickets before but he joined the big green club and donated lots of money giving him more points than me. A point system should help long time loyal supporters. This system helps the wealthy and dishonors those of us with no cash to throw at Marshall.
Ben Dover

Alexandria, VA

#33 Jun 25, 2014
porter wrote:
<quoted text>I have many points accumulated because I have been buying season tickets for many years. I lost my seats to a guy that never had season tickets before but he joined the big green club and donated lots of money giving him more points than me. A point system should help long time loyal supporters. This system helps the wealthy and dishonors those of us with no cash to throw at Marshall.
Welcome to big business. MU is no longer an educational institution, it is a business after your $$
blundering

Beckley, WV

#34 Jun 25, 2014
Lurk wrote:
Why would any of you buy tickets (much less season tickets) to see the blundering turds?
My thoughts exactly. The fact that they charge people to enter, THAT'S the real scam
BigGreen

Alexandria, VA

#35 Jun 26, 2014
proud mary wrote:
<quoted text>
They may not be cheap only maybe laid off or now on a fixed income. The rich guy who has maybe never seen a game in the stadium just took the 20 year season ticket holders seats. I hope Marshall loses their ass on this greedy scam.
You are wrong. I am not rich. I have bought season tickets for over 20 years. My points were higher because I also donated $50 a year since I started. I don't care who you are. If could afford to go games you could have sprung for an extra $50. You just chose not to and now the people who gave a little extra have passed you. Karma (I also bought bball tickets for 20 years. I don't want to hear about bad seasons)

Level 2

Earth

#36 Jun 28, 2014
porter wrote:
<quoted text>I have many points accumulated because I have been buying season tickets for many years. I lost my seats to a guy that never had season tickets before but he joined the big green club and donated lots of money giving him more points than me. A point system should help long time loyal supporters. This system helps the wealthy and dishonors those of us with no cash to throw at Marshall.
So how is it you know the identity of the person?
buster

Proctorville, OH

#37 Jun 28, 2014
BigGreen wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. I am not rich. I have bought season tickets for over 20 years. My points were higher because I also donated $50 a year since I started. I don't care who you are. If could afford to go games you could have sprung for an extra $50. You just chose not to and now the people who gave a little extra have passed you. Karma (I also bought bball tickets for 20 years. I don't want to hear about bad seasons)
I hope they lose every game and you can't enjoy those new seats.
ruthie

Bluefield, WV

#38 Jul 2, 2014
If a certain section of seats is suppose to be a certain price, then it should be that price for everyone. There should be no discrimimation just because someone has more money than someone else. if you go to a concert or something else than tickets are A section so much, B section so much and you sit where you can afford. If I call and want tickets in Section A and have the money then I should not have to give up my seat because someone else called and offered the attendant $50.00 more. That is not right. That is an issue I have with Marshall. There always seems to be so much favoritism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name something Conservatives have done for this... (Oct '13) 41 min God-n-country 41
HillView Dr (Nov '13) 1 hr Madness 25
Michael Christian from Gdotte 2 hr LifesTooShort 10
Kelly Ann Cicalese (May '14) 2 hr NoJeffroNo 90
how many dateing SHAWN WHEELER 2 hr Sarah 4
Ty Cook=Biaaatch 2 hr willy 5
shawn wheelet 2 hr Sarah 7
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance