marshall football ticket scam

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
thunder

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jun 16, 2014
Held the same season football tickets for many years. I'm laid off work and have lost my tickets because someone paid extra money that I just don't have. Marshall is not loyal to those of us that have been loyal to Marshall.
marshall herd baby

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 16, 2014
No ticky no laundry
KVLT

Mountain View, CA

#3 Jun 16, 2014
"I don't have the money to buy something and the seller won't give it to me anyways, even though I've purchased it before. And now someone who has enough money has purchased what I wanted and this makes me angry."
hmm

Charleston, WV

#4 Jun 16, 2014
Lol yeah ikr..thats bogus

Since: Jul 13

Lyndora, PA

#5 Jun 16, 2014
thunder wrote:
Held the same season football tickets for many years. I'm laid off work and have lost my tickets because someone paid extra money that I just don't have. Marshall is not loyal to those of us that have been loyal to Marshall.
So how would you pay for the tickets? They can't hold them when there are people who have the money and are ready to buy...
Don't worry, you can sit with me in the end zone!!!
Cheap skate

Kenova, WV

#6 Jun 16, 2014
thunder wrote:
swine
1 post removed
lol

Charleston, WV

#8 Jun 16, 2014
Depending on where you sit, the reseating plan forced many long time season ticket holders to pay hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars over ticket price to retain rights to repurchase their same set of seats. It's not the price of the seats that's the issue, it's the new surcharge applied to them. If there were a high demand for seats, I could understand taxing the supply this way to squeeze some bucks, but since there's not it simply further alienates an aging fan base. Beyond that, some are simply pulling back other donations they make to the university to cover this tax. Others are simply giving up their tickets and sitting in cheaper seats, paying less money. If that is the rule instead of the exception the whole thing is a wash, except for the part where important donors and ticket holders are pissed at having their wallets fleeced.

Making the supply more expensive when the demand is low makes little sense. Reasons need to be given for people to attend the games, instead of more reasons not to come.
Fan

Proctorville, OH

#9 Jun 16, 2014
Got my same seats back. Didn't pay any extra. Got lucky. Go Herd!
Tupelo

South Boston, VA

#10 Jun 16, 2014
I agree I'm a long time mu fan ,don't run fans off bring them in not like ur selling the stadium out hmm

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#11 Jun 16, 2014
The bigger question is why someone would pay more when there are SO many seats available. I have been to many games and there were TONS of empty seats.
1 post removed
stupid

Proctorville, OH

#13 Jun 17, 2014
nohalgerg wrote:
The bigger question is why someone would pay more when there are SO many seats available. I have been to many games and there were TONS of empty seats.
You set in the same seats for many years with your old friends and you make new friends then Marshall gets greedy and has all our seats open to the highest bidder. Our new seats are all separated and we are mad as hell.

Level 4

Front Royal, VA

#14 Jun 17, 2014
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
You set in the same seats for many years with your old friends and you make new friends then Marshall gets greedy and has all our seats open to the highest bidder. Our new seats are all separated and we are mad as hell.
I see. I agree with you, there's no reason for them to do that. The market isnt that competitive in this instance.

Level 4

Front Royal, VA

#15 Jun 17, 2014
I could be wrong, but I do believe Marshall makes more money from the parking spots used for tailgating.
samari

Huntington, WV

#16 Jun 17, 2014
People invest their time,money and heart to support players that come in here from all over the US.This does not make sense to me but apparently people do enjoy it and this is the thanks they get.We are Marshall is the famous cheer that goes out.The next time you hear that think about who is Marshall.
BigGreen

Chesapeake, OH

#17 Jun 19, 2014
I having been donating $100 to Big Green for twenty years. I raised it to $150 this year and hot 4 great seats. This pushed my points up so I bid early. Whoever had my seats should have donated at least the minimum, but were too cheap. Sorry

Huntington, WV

#18 Jun 19, 2014
BigGreen wrote:
I having been donating $100 to Big Green for twenty years. I raised it to $150 this year and hot 4 great seats. This pushed my points up so I bid early. Whoever had my seats should have donated at least the minimum, but were too cheap. Sorry
Probably the best post in this thread! Thank you for the support of the herd!!
lol

Charleston, WV

#19 Jun 20, 2014
Student 444444 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the best post in this thread! Thank you for the support of the herd!!
How much do you donate to Marshall University annually?

Huntington, WV

#20 Jun 20, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>How much do you donate to Marshall University annually?
What are you trying to imply? That I don't contribute? Cute

I'm just saying that he deserves better seats for following protocol. Te poster wast bitching. He paid a little extra...and got better seats. It worked the way it's supposed to.
1 post removed

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#22 Jun 20, 2014
KVLT wrote:
"I don't have the money to buy something and the seller won't give it to me anyways, even though I've purchased it before. And now someone who has enough money has purchased what I wanted and this makes me angry."
FTW!
samari

Huntington, WV

#23 Jun 20, 2014
Simply buying a ticket use to get you into a game.This use to be enough to support the team!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pagans mc (Sep '10) 5 min Truckdriver_walt 297
trump coming to huntington 9 min Liberal nonsense 25
Guy with one arm 15 min Smoley 23
America Held Hostage Day 188 16 min Liberal nonsense 48
America Held Hostage Day 189 20 min MarkJ- 10
When you find out you have a terminal illness 37 min frem 2
coal producrion is up 31% in WV 41 min smoke 28

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance