Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2013
Friend

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 13, 2013
Goodwill has the rudest people that work there and have to many rules had some clothes took there at 7:01 they close at 7:00 lady said they wouldn't take them has a nice tv not flat screen told me they didn't take them unless they was LCD
Redneck

Huntington, WV

#2 Oct 13, 2013
Friend wrote:
Goodwill has the rudest people that work there and have to many rules had some clothes took there at 7:01 they close at 7:00 lady said they wouldn't take them has a nice tv not flat screen told me they didn't take them unless they was LCD
I stopped donating to Goodwill because they are rude & they don't help the community or those in need. I take all my stuff to the Salvation Army, where they see that it goes to those that need it & don't charge outrageous prices.
.

Huntington, WV

#3 Oct 13, 2013
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>I stopped donating to Goodwill because they are rude & they don't help the community or those in need. I take all my stuff to the Salvation Army, where they see that it goes to those that need it & don't charge outrageous prices.
Goodwill has a lot of community programs you probably don't even know about, while you're worried about getting a TV for a quarter.
Redneck

Huntington, WV

#4 Oct 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>Goodwill has a lot of community programs you probably don't even know about, while you're worried about getting a TV for a quarter.[/QUOTE]
Don't need a TV & if I did, I wouldn't be going to Goodwill for it. Obviously, you can't read, I donate my stuff, I don't buy.
Friend

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Oct 13, 2013
I was donating the tv not buying it but thanks
.

Huntington, WV

#6 Oct 13, 2013
Redneck wrote:
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>Goodwill has a lot of community programs you probably don't even know about, while you're worried about getting a TV for a quarter."

Don't need a TV & if I did, I wouldn't be going to Goodwill for it. Obviously, you can't read, I donate my stuff, I don't buy.
Uh, you're clearly buying something or you wouldn't have mentioned outrageous prices. Might also wanna check your facts on what all they do before making a stupid comment about how they don't do anything for the community. I know plenty of people they've helped.
Redneck

Huntington, WV

#7 Oct 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>Uh, you're clearly buying something or you wouldn't have mentioned outrageous prices. Might also wanna check your facts on what all they do before making a stupid comment about how they don't do anything for the community. I know plenty of people they've helped.[/QUOTE]
You must be one of the people they are trying to help in their counseling program?!? How much you pay for that? As for the prices, I've heard others talk about them, never been in a Goodwill & never will.
FIt

South Point, OH

#8 Oct 14, 2013
Friend wrote:
Goodwill has the rudest people that work there and have to many rules had some clothes took there at 7:01 they close at 7:00 lady said they wouldn't take them has a nice tv not flat screen told me they didn't take them unless they was LCD
How is that rude? They have a job to do, and they have to follow the rules and policies set down by the company.
Why would you wait until closing time to try to donate anyways? That seems rude to me. At any business, I wouldn't try to even shop, if I knew I was holding up workers from closing and going home to their families after a full days of work. People have gotten so selfish where it's all about themselves.
Maybe next time, take a second and think about somebody else, whatever the situation may be.
pumo

New York, NY

#9 Oct 14, 2013
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
Uh, you're clearly buying something or you wouldn't have mentioned outrageous prices. Might also wanna check your facts on what all they do before making a stupid comment about how they don't do anything for the community. I know plenty of people they've helped.[/QUOTE]

HI BETH! Glad to see you got a new job. Wonder who you blew to get it? Bet his initials are CT.
Sad

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Oct 14, 2013
Allot of you are right! They do have allot of programs to help but, I watched a TV show that was a true documentary and they don't pay the workers that are disabled that much! That is so sad!! And they can be rude too.Unless the items are broken they should take as much as they can to sell to help the poor!
FIt

South Point, OH

#11 Oct 14, 2013
Sad wrote:
Allot of you are right! They do have allot of programs to help but, I watched a TV show that was a true documentary and they don't pay the workers that are disabled that much! That is so sad!! And they can be rude too.Unless the items are broken they should take as much as they can to sell to help the poor!
You are correct about the documentary. However, that program only shined the light on one division. Your local chapters do pay disabled workers minimum wage.
Sad

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Oct 14, 2013
FIt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about the documentary. However, that program only shined the light on one division. Your local chapters do pay disabled workers minimum wage.
That's good but, I wish they all were paid that! God bless them all I say! And thanks for the response it does make me feel some better that some are paid what they should be!
byrdie

Huntington, WV

#13 Oct 17, 2013
the rudeness is very true for west end and lavalette bbville has the nicest employees
concerned

Huntington, WV

#14 Oct 17, 2013
byrdie wrote:
the rudeness is very true for west end and lavalette bbville has the nicest employees
Barboursville at this does have the nicest employees out front

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Huntington, WV 1 hr STL HERE 229
Kayla Renee Blankenship 2 hr BBC69 7
Classic jewelry and Loan in Barbourville 3 hr big b 41
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr Dalai Lama 57,064
East end thief's (Nov '13) 3 hr Steve 1,618
Joey Notes 4 hr rsarv119 3
Community church? evil?? 4 hr Concerned watcher 18
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••