The Herald Dispatch
Parent

Plymouth, MI

#1 Oct 13, 2012
Let me be as bold as to call this newspaper out and simply ask you, why in the world do you all not carry articles and segments on HHS Football? Not only is this a Huntington based company but also this team is 6-1,#2 in the state, the only loss was to the #1 team in the state by 1 and that's with bad...officiating and missing many starters and yet day in and day out, nothing. This community " myself included" pay for a paper that covers local news 1st. I'm not saying other sports aren't worth talking about because they are but these kids have earned it! I couldn't be more proud of the kids and the coaches up on the hill. Realistically this might be the best HHS has had in the existence of the new school or maybe ever. If you plan on this community to keep buying your paper I suggest you do the right thing and cover more about this great team. Those kids and staff deserve it. They work very hard and it shows to everyone but The herald Dispatch. My uncle and Marshall are good friends, I wonder how he feels about all this mess?! Or is he to blame?! Guess we will find out!
SimpleMan

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 13, 2012
The Herald Dispatch covers local "news"??? Yeah.... right!! They misrepresent alleged "incidences" and plaster that crap all over the place an awful lot. Of course, HD isn't the only one, there's WSAZ, WOWK, WCHS as well. I know people who were drug through the mud in the 'news' and lost everything they had before any court appearances was even made. Then when the initial court hearing found no wrong doing and dismissed all charges, the "news" never ran THAT story. Its pretty screwed up for a 'news' company to misconstrue the facts and slander an innocent individual... especially when the law clearly state "Innocent until proven guilty"

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#3 Oct 13, 2012
Parent wrote:
Let me be as bold as to call this newspaper out and simply ask you, why in the world do you all not carry articles and segments on HHS Football? Not only is this a Huntington based company but also this team is 6-1,#2 in the state, the only loss was to the #1 team in the state by 1 and that's with bad...officiating and missing many starters and yet day in and day out, nothing. This community " myself included" pay for a paper that covers local news 1st. I'm not saying other sports aren't worth talking about because they are but these kids have earned it! I couldn't be more proud of the kids and the coaches up on the hill. Realistically this might be the best HHS has had in the existence of the new school or maybe ever. If you plan on this community to keep buying your paper I suggest you do the right thing and cover more about this great team. Those kids and staff deserve it. They work very hard and it shows to everyone but The herald Dispatch. My uncle and Marshall are good friends, I wonder how he feels about all this mess?! Or is he to blame?! Guess we will find out!
....said the doting parent of kid who play football for HHS.
The One

Sumerco, WV

#4 Oct 13, 2012
One problem is that the school is in a place that is hidden from the city. I know were the school is but as far as I got was to the guard shack, on the road to the school. I've never seen the football field.

Ardsley, NY

#5 Oct 13, 2012
Parent wrote:
Rigghhtttt, the herald-dispatch never covers HHS. Give me a break. You know how many schools there are to cover in this area from Putnam county to Boyd county to Lawrence county Ohio? HHS isn't the only school around here. Get over yourself.
parent

Corona, NY

#6 Oct 13, 2012
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
Rigghhtttt, the herald-dispatch never covers HHS. Give me a break. You know how many schools there are to cover in this area from Putnam county to Boyd county to Lawrence county Ohio? HHS isn't the only school around here. Get over yourself.[/QUOTE] you aren't very bright are you? You name all these other teams...newsflash they aren't 3nd in the state and only loss is to #1 by one. What does it take?! Let me guess they should talk about south point, fairland, spring valley, coal grove, winfield, st. Albans, chesapeake, Lincoln county, chapmanville, ironton, etc.? Yea your right, what was I thinking?! You know you work for The Herald and ashamed..Herald Disgrace strikes again. If you lose Huntington residents buying your paper goes under, I'm surprised it hasn't already. Poor coverage by a poor group. Your killing the rich history of The Herald. Hell you all don't even talk about local kids who make it to the next level. I guess that's not important either huh? Or pro ball? What a joke.

Ardsley, NY

#7 Oct 13, 2012
parent wrote:
Rigghhtttt, the herald-dispatch never covers HHS. Give me a break. You know how many schools there are to cover in this area from Putnam county to Boyd county to Lawrence county Ohio? HHS isn't the only school around here. Get over yourself. "

you aren't very bright are you? You name all these other teams...newsflash they aren't 3nd in the state and only loss is to #1 by one. What does it take?! Let me guess they should talk about south point, fairland, spring valley, coal grove, winfield, st. Albans, chesapeake, Lincoln county, chapmanville, ironton, etc.? Yea your right, what was I thinking?! You know you work for The Herald and ashamed..Herald Disgrace strikes again. If you lose Huntington residents buying your paper goes under, I'm surprised it hasn't already. Poor coverage by a poor group. Your killing the rich history of The Herald. Hell you all don't even talk about local kids who make it to the next level. I guess that's not important either huh? Or pro ball? What a joke.
You must have a sad little life.

And you can criticize "a poor group" when you understand the proper usage of your and you're.
parent

Corona, NY

#8 Oct 13, 2012
And you can criticize "a poor group" when you understand the proper usage of your and you're.
[/QUOTE]yea great comeback! You must have never had spell check mess your word up..lol. sorry English professor. You are the one with no life if all you have to do is play grammar check. Great for you! Hahahaha

Huntington, WV

#9 Oct 13, 2012
parent wrote:
"

yea great comeback! You must have never had spell check mess your word up..lol. sorry English professor. You are the one with no life if all you have to do is play grammar check. Great for you! Hahahaha
Thanks!!
parent

Corona, NY

#10 Oct 14, 2012
Not a compliment, slow one! What do you expect from someone with an identity of a "." Lol

Huntington, WV

#11 Oct 14, 2012
parent wrote:
Not a compliment, slow one! What do you expect from someone with an identity of a "." Lol
Please, you think I don't know that? I'm not going to argue with someone of your mental caliber. You are obviously a self-indulging "parent" whose kids does no wrong and probably scored a little touchdown and wants front page coverage. Let's talk again when he's at Huntington Junior College and flipping burgers at McDonald's. Slow one, indeed.
parent

Highland, MI

#12 Oct 14, 2012
Please, you think I don't know that? I'm not going to argue with someone of your mental caliber. You are obviously a self-indulging "parent" whose kids does no wrong and probably scored a little touchdown and wants front page coverage. Let's talk again when he's at Huntington Junior College and flipping burgers at McDonald's. Slow one, indeed.[/QUOTE] again...that's the beat you got? Lol. Your parents must be so proud. Keep up the good work!

Huntington, WV

#13 Oct 15, 2012
parent wrote:
Please, you think I don't know that? I'm not going to argue with someone of your mental caliber. You are obviously a self-indulging "parent" whose kids does no wrong and probably scored a little touchdown and wants front page coverage. Let's talk again when he's at Huntington Junior College and flipping burgers at McDonald's. Slow one, indeed. "

again...that's the beat you got? Lol. Your parents must be so proud. Keep up the good work!
Keep on with your foolishness. Hope little Johnny doesn't flunk out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 min loan 1,337
Kierston @ GC 8 min gc worker 9
Karma karma karma 17 min Pray 37
Huntington is the most terrible city on earth 25 min Pray 4
missing people (Dec '13) 57 min Guess Im Felicia 33
Huntington is Trash 1 hr ghost twoner 2
pale blonde at Dollar general 14th street 1 hr border hopper 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages