Rocco's (Ceredo) - Not what it used t...

Rocco's (Ceredo) - Not what it used to be.

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#1 Mar 9, 2012
Had a pretty lame meal in there the other day. Sea-bass full of bones, rice drenched in olive oil.
Maybe the owner needs to spend less time playing jazz and whoring-out his product to distributors, and spend more time in the kitchen?
1 post removed

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#3 Mar 9, 2012
SteveAndrews988 wrote:
or maybe you need to cook your own damn meals you pathetic coward. say this to his face and I bet he has you whacked faster than you can say canoli
Oh, so by that rational, you make your own vehicles? your own clothes?
BTW, Im not concerned about getting "whacked" by a 60 year-old fatty.

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

Howey In The Hills, FL

#4 Mar 9, 2012
They are WAY overrated. Priced to high for such low quality food.
ADL

United States

#5 Mar 9, 2012
sempron wrote:
They are WAY overrated. Priced to high for such low quality food.
Again, you are out of your mind, Rocco's as restaurant is second to none, and Rocco as a person is what this area needs more of. He gives back more than any other restaurant owner that I know.
Karl Isle

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2013
I agree with ADL. Rocco is a great fellow. The restaurant is the best in this region. I have eaten all over the country, and now live in California and Rocco's food is as good as Italian food can be found anywhere, in my opinion. The people here are extremely lucky to have him here.
Realistic person

United States

#7 Apr 28, 2013
Spleencage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so by that rational, you make your own vehicles? your own clothes?
BTW, Im not concerned about getting "whacked" by a 60 year-old fatty.
Why do you feel the need to post on this website just to talk shit? Obviously everyone that reads your post that has been to Rocco's before realizes what an idiot you are. Rocco's has great food for a great price. This restaurant could compete with places all across the country.
Miss Practicality

Huntington, WV

#8 Apr 29, 2013
I had dinner there this weekend for the first time in a long while and it was disgusting. Salad buried under a ton of bland dressing and the entree was swimming in cream sauce. It was over salted and just repulsive. I won't go there again.
But, the place was packed with the over-60 crowd, so I'm sure he knows his customer...people with a lifetime of damage to their tastebuds.
Frylock

Proctorville, OH

#9 Apr 29, 2013
Rocco's is my favorite restaurant in the area. I don't see how some of you can knock the food - maybe you prefer the slop at Fazolis or Olive Garden.
WOW

United States

#10 Apr 29, 2013
I love Olive Garden!
Travel

Chesapeake, OH

#11 Apr 29, 2013
As a traveling rep, I have ate at some of the best Italian places in the country, Chicago is def the best in my opinion. Rocco's gives you too much crap.. Too much cheese and meat. It's junk
Agree with Travel

Huntington, WV

#12 Apr 29, 2013
I agree with Travel. Chicago is the best in my opinion. IMO best in Chicago is the Rosebud.

Rocco's is acceptable for this area, but by no means would I call it awesome, or real Italian.

I would have to say though that their best dish is Fruit of the Sea.
motellun

United States

#13 Apr 29, 2013
Spleencage wrote:
Had a pretty lame meal in there the other day. Sea-bass full of bones, rice drenched in olive oil.
Maybe the owner needs to spend less time playing jazz and whoring-out his product to distributors, and spend more time in the kitchen?
Rocco is a hellyva good guy and His wait staff is top notch. Don't know your order. You could have gladly talked to him or his wife. I'm certain they would had fixed it for you. I've been all over the US. There is no better Italian food anywhere
John Adkins

Huntington, WV

#14 Apr 29, 2013
I have to say Rocco's & Evaroni's Pizza are definately over-rated.
Larry

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Apr 29, 2013
It's not at all what it use to be its even BETTER.... Amazing food NEVER a bad experience....
Miss Practicality

Huntington, WV

#16 Apr 29, 2013
Nope, Fazolis and Olive Garden care both over processed reheated crap. I've heard the place in Teays Valley is really good, but I've not been up there since it changed owners.
motellun

United States

#17 Apr 29, 2013
I've been going to Rocco's ever since it was a tiny hole in the wall with my wife and when he had a small location in the plaza where strike zone is. Long time ago. Never a bad meal ever ... If you don't like it. Stay home he has his loyal customers he knows on a first name basis. And no 60 year old here. In my late thirties.
justme

Huntington, WV

#18 Apr 29, 2013
ADL wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you are out of your mind, Rocco's as restaurant is second to none, and Rocco as a person is what this area needs more of. He gives back more than any other restaurant owner that I know.
Amen
justme

Huntington, WV

#19 Apr 29, 2013
Karl Isle wrote:
I agree with ADL. Rocco is a great fellow. The restaurant is the best in this region. I have eaten all over the country, and now live in California and Rocco's food is as good as Italian food can be found anywhere, in my opinion. The people here are extremely lucky to have him here.
Amen
justme

Huntington, WV

#20 Apr 29, 2013
Realistic person wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you feel the need to post on this website just to talk shit? Obviously everyone that reads your post that has been to Rocco's before realizes what an idiot you are. Rocco's has great food for a great price. This restaurant could compete with places all across the country.
Most definitely.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#21 Apr 29, 2013
Rocco's is not bad but its reputation exceeds the food. Its good for where its at on Earth. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to find the kid that's been stealing stuff ... (Aug '12) 20 min neihbors 5
No decent women in Huntington 36 min Premarital 15
Trump = Treason 45 min JCK 20
Travis cloniger 1 hr jim 1
Fukkhuntinton 1 hr joe 3
Pretty nikole and kneegers 2 hr ewww 2
Goodwill 2 hr Sigh 14
Who's leaving Who's staying ? At WSAZ (Sep '13) 6 hr Htm 117

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages