Leaving "the Joan" is a cluster F thanks to Barney Fife security

Posted in the Huntington Forum

BigDoner

Alexandria, VA

#1 Sep 7, 2013
Was trying to leave game tonight and between the Barney Fife rental cops and HPD is was a huge cluster as usual!
Tell me why 20th St is closed to traffic at 3rd Ave after every single game???!!!
This creates a huge mess on 3rd ave heading West. And then you have Barney and Goober blocking traffics between Glssee and Henderson Center.
Why is this necessary? Why must everyone living East of the Stadium be forced to drive 4 blocks west thru bumper to bumper traffic ??!!

I ai t goin to no more games and giving anymore money! I'm done.
real

Charleston, WV

#2 Sep 7, 2013
BigDoner wrote:
Was trying to leave game tonight and between the Barney Fife rental cops and HPD is was a huge cluster as usual!
Tell me why 20th St is closed to traffic at 3rd Ave after every single game???!!!
This creates a huge mess on 3rd ave heading West. And then you have Barney and Goober blocking traffics between Glssee and Henderson Center.
Why is this necessary? Why must everyone living East of the Stadium be forced to drive 4 blocks west thru bumper to bumper traffic ??!!

Lol, you sound like a cry baby. Maybe try leaving the game a little earlier. Ever thought of that?
1 post removed
Kelley Green

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Sep 8, 2013
BigDoner wrote:
How about driving through Butt to Butt pedestrian traffic on 20th St after the game. SAFETY DUMAZZ!!!!

Since: Jul 13

Dunbar, WV

#5 Sep 8, 2013
BigDoner wrote:

Or you could park on the 5th avenue side in those lots and face "the east side".
Redneck

Huntington, WV

#6 Sep 8, 2013
Student 444444 wrote:
<quoted text>Or you could park on the 5th avenue side in those lots and face "the east side".
That's common sense & unfortunately there are many people that lack it. They would rather cry about the stupid stuff.
nunya

Nashville, TN

#7 Sep 8, 2013
Park your car two blocks down 3rd avenue toward Hal Greer and it's no problem to get your car out. Just a little walking, it won't kill you.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#8 Sep 8, 2013
BigDoner wrote:

It's been this way for decades. This isn't exactly new.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Planet Fitness? 12 min Observer 15
Goldie Bailey a CI 39 min Fact 34
Brittany Gibson on hillview 1 hr da truth 1
who likes brown showers? (Feb '12) 3 hr Observer 25
Single WOMEN with KIDS are EASY but DONT date THEM (Nov '13) 3 hr Becky 138
st marys nuns (Aug '14) 3 hr Observer 27
Topix Censorship 3 hr Observer 7
Huntington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST

NFL 6:29AM
Steelers reportedly to allow Worilds to hit market
Bleacher Report 8:08 AM
How Bengals Can Create Ultimate Defense in 2015
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ultimate Free-Agency To-Do List
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment