Sick of seeing it

Ona, WV

#1 Jun 5, 2012
I am tired of seeing these idiots around here having yard sales every day with stolen stuff. They are out from early morning until dark selling worthless shit. Once it's late you can see these people over at Goodwill gathering up all the donations, then they have it on sale in their yard the next day. Some of them are stealing out of other people's yards.
Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Jun 5, 2012
Sick of seeing it wrote:
I am tired of seeing these idiots around here having yard sales every day with stolen stuff. They are out from early morning until dark selling worthless shit. Once it's late you can see these people over at Goodwill gathering up all the donations, then they have it on sale in their yard the next day. Some of them are stealing out of other people's yards.
Owell stfu
wow

Huntington, WV

#3 Jun 5, 2012
Sick of seeing it wrote:
They every get caught taking donations from goodwill they'll go to jail. A lot of people don't know that.
i know her

Ardsley, NY

#4 Jun 5, 2012
Is this a woman? If so I know her! She's done it for years! She's got a drug habit. Sad
Sick of seeing it

Ona, WV

#5 Jun 5, 2012
i know her wrote:
Is this a woman? If so I know her! She's done it for years! She's got a drug habit. Sad
I know of a woman doing it and I know for sure she steals it from Goodwill cause she brags about it. I don't want to put specific names out though. I see a few other people's houses that are doing it everyday and they leave the stuff out until like 8 or 9 and night and honestly no one stops at yard sales that late. Yard sales are a morning thing. Not to mention the yard sales looks like the dishes and picture isle at Goodwill.
knothed

United States

#6 Jun 5, 2012
if they dig in the dumpster, Goodwill throws an awful lot of good stuff away. I have taken stuff to Lavalette GW, and they said they were just going to throw it away. Said they dont clean anything. I had kids toys little dusty from sitting in basement. They wouldnt wipe dust off. Probably $250.00 worth at $1 to $5 dollars each. I loaded back up. Thats probably why Lavalette GW shelves are always empty. Go outback during the day, and they have a throwaway pile with a lot of stuff they could dollar out. Looks like they would sale that stuff even if they could only get a quarter from it. I understand not washing clothes, but not wiping off hard goods is just lazy in my opinion.
Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 Jun 5, 2012
Well mind ur own buisness. You Dont see them getting into urs so stfu

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

United States

#8 Jun 5, 2012
From what I've seen, you need to be a goodwill employee in order to steal. I've dropped tons of quality items off at goodwill and that stuff never made it to the shelves. I also have seen employees set stuff off to the side and say they were going to keep it for themselves.

I've completely stopped dropping stuff off there. I tried putting an ad on Craigslist and couldn't even find anyone willing to show up and take free stuff (and I'm not talking about junk....it was new items, dvd's, nice clothes, small appliances, etc). Now, I just throw it all away. Maybe the trash collector guys love me now? LOL
why knot

United States

#9 Jun 5, 2012
They also hold stuff for people. Their is one woman that sales stuffed animals on ebay. Always has about 300 listed at a time. Told me personally she gets them all at Huntington Goodwills. As you know, the ones on sheves at GW are not the nice ones she sales. She has to have people holding stuff for her. Goes to each one every morning. I have also handed employees stuff, and heard them say out loud that they were going to keep something for theirself. This should NOT be allowed, and should be looked into by The GOODWILL Company.
1st

Ardsley, NY

#10 Jun 6, 2012
Sick of seeing it wrote:
<quoted text>I know of a woman doing it and I know for sure she steals it from Goodwill cause she brags about it. I don't want to put specific names out though. I see a few other people's houses that are doing it everyday and they leave the stuff out until like 8 or 9 and night and honestly no one stops at yard sales that late. Yard sales are a morning thing. Not to mention the yard sales looks like the dishes and picture isle at Goodwill.
Name start with a S or M ?
1st

Ardsley, NY

#11 Jun 6, 2012
knothed wrote:
if they dig in the dumpster, Goodwill throws an awful lot of good stuff away. I have taken stuff to Lavalette GW, and they said they were just going to throw it away. Said they dont clean anything. I had kids toys little dusty from sitting in basement. They wouldnt wipe dust off. Probably $250.00 worth at $1 to $5 dollars each. I loaded back up. Thats probably why Lavalette GW shelves are always empty. Go outback during the day, and they have a throwaway pile with a lot of stuff they could dollar out. Looks like they would sale that stuff even if they could only get a quarter from it. I understand not washing clothes, but not wiping off hard goods is just lazy in my opinion.
The dumpster? Is where I thought people tossed the things they drop off? Am I wrong? It's not really a dumpster?
Sick of seeing it

Ona, WV

#12 Jun 6, 2012
1st wrote:
<quoted text>
The dumpster? Is where I thought people tossed the things they drop off? Am I wrong? It's not really a dumpster?
That's what I am saying. This guy is talking about a dumpster. I am talking about people who sit and watch for people to drop stuff off. They sit in their cars a little bit back and wait to see what you drop off then they swoop in and get it.
Sick of seeing it

Ona, WV

#13 Jun 6, 2012
knothed wrote:
Are you sure it is a dumpster and not a donation bin?
Do you know if they were trashing the toys for sure?
You do know that they don't keep it all at one store. They take and haul some of it to other stores. They have to sort it out and only keep what is needed in that store. If they already have 6 rows of toys then of course they may ship it to another Goodwill store. There is more than one Goodwill store.
Yard Sales

Huntington, WV

#14 Jun 6, 2012
I think that some of these are not just a way to sell stolen stuff or items taken from dumpsters/trash cans around the city, but also used as an attempt to cover-up drug traffic to the house. The particular one I am thinking about now, is in the west part of 6th Ave.
why knot

United States

#15 Jun 6, 2012
1st wrote:
<quoted text>
The dumpster!, not a donation bin. They have told me they keep everything they get at their store, no shipping to other stores. Just the big GW at Va ave does that. Lavalette shelves are always bare, except for clothes. They oughta sale some of the good items they throw in the DUMPSTER out back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puup person 14 min JuJu Bee 4
Muslim rights group to open offive in WV 59 min joe 13
Picnic Farts 1 hr DreDee 1
Fresh Fart Sunday 1 hr Dudley 3
pagans mc (Sep '10) 1 hr Goldwings_99 226
Do you liberals still love Muslims? 2 hr Bend over liberals 109
Baltimore Street drugs 3 hr Justin Roberts 674

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance