First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gdp

Wexford, PA

#25 Jan 8, 2013
MrNormal wrote:
WOW, A business in Huntington with a Marhsall theme? Who'd a thunk it? Have you been to Columbus, Cincy, Lexington? How dare they have themed eateries that cater to the OSU, Reds or Wildcat crowds.
They have them in Morgantown too, its called Walmart!
,...nO ,WE HAVE NOT BEEN OFF 8 ST.
Lives in the neighborhood

Ashland, KY

#26 Jan 9, 2013
Nothing food wise drives me to go there and slow bad service. While I miss the old Daves. its clear that its the place for locals to go.
Drop o da Craythur

Palo Alto, CA

#27 Jan 9, 2013
Although this place isn't as plastic paddy as that shite hole Shamrocks, it is a shame that they aren't a bit more Irish, like they claim. Granted nothing says Irish like a Budweiser mirror map of the Isle and fortunately MU is Kelly green so there is green all over the place, but ffs if you are going to sell the place as Irish can we try a little at being Irish? When all ya have to offer is a bit of the pure and some Jamesons, you're no more Irish than have the bars in Huntington.

I would love to find a pub that has great pub food. Doesn't have to be the typical Irish fare, but ffs, wings that taste like pure shite and some raggedy arsed overpriced sandwiches?!?

The service is hit or miss depending on the "bartender" My wife ordered a simple, or what should be a very simple drink for any real bartender, cranberry and vodka and it was so foul it couldn't be drank. How in the hell you can feck up an Absolut and cranberry juice is beyond all. The same "bartender" couldn't pull a Guinness from the tap either.

Unfortunately if you are looking for a traditional pub experience, this isn't the place for you - though in all fairness you'll have to look somewhere outside of Huntington. But if you are looking for YAMUB (Yet Another Marshall University Bar) this place might appeal to you.
Galaxy

Huntington, WV

#28 Jan 9, 2013
Connie is a terrible owner. No leadership and no clue! The kitchen is filthy. I wouldn't eat anything from there. The food is frozen deep fried trash.
uh oh

Barboursville, WV

#29 Jul 6, 2013
looks like it did go out of business
for salw

Huntington, WV

#30 Jul 6, 2013
It has been for sale for over a year but Connie is asking way too much. Just because she says she makes 60k a year lol. Location is decent but the building is in terrible repair. Lots of water damage between the two floors. Kitchen is absolutely tiny and trashed. Whoever buys it is looking at probably 100k in renovations. If done tho, it could be a great place. Spacious and ample parking with a great deck.
Bigger Jigger

United States

#31 Jul 6, 2013
Davis sucks
millerbuns

Huntington, WV

#32 Jul 6, 2013
They have a great smoking area unlike some bars.
Bigger Jigger

United States

#33 Jul 6, 2013
Gifford sucks.
Yumo

Charleston, WV

#34 Feb 7, 2015
Would love to know how to make their fish tacos they use to have
Observer

Staunton, VA

#35 Feb 8, 2015
Too many kneegers ruin every place in Huntington.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Stars and bars flag 1 min chips 95
ISIS Situation 3 min Rachel 3
is jesco white dead or alive (Dec '13) 22 min Boone 26
did I finally wake up in america this morning? 44 min MarkJ- 91
NBC fires Trump 50 min MarkJ- 29
In the Know at St Mary's Outsourcing?? Layoffs?... 58 min Goodbye 29
ATTN Blacks and Hispanics 1 hr Anonymous 113
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE