First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JustABar

Ridgeview, WV

#1 Oct 30, 2011
has anyone else noticed that Mac-reedos doesnt
seem to have the same crowd or "draw" it used to
have? anyone want to share thoughts on why this is?
Jeff

Nitro, WV

#2 Oct 30, 2011
Davis' Place
toot sweet

Charleston, WV

#3 Oct 30, 2011
I'll tell you why. Horrible employees. I won't step foot in there again. You can't get a drink to save your ass. The hired help is either too busy talking to their buddies in the corner or playing on their cell phones. Davis's will put them out of business.
JustABar

Ridgeview, WV

#4 Oct 30, 2011
interesting.... i have no trouble getting drinks. is it everyone who works or a one-time experience? ive been to davis also, its not THAT awesome, just newer. bartenders arent the best there either.
Duh

Barboursville, WV

#5 Oct 30, 2011
The staff is hired with a very strong consideration to their relationship with marshall university, not on their abilities to actually perform the job well. all the good help was run off.
Toughcreek

United States

#6 Oct 30, 2011
The owner is definitely a Marshall homer. Not real impressed with anything about that bar.
JustABar

Ridgeview, WV

#7 Oct 30, 2011
just wondering bc this used to me one of my favorite huntington haunts, and i just cant put my finger on whats changed....

so the atmosphere is too marshall-y (is that even possible in huntington?) or with more experienced bartenders, this place would be ok?
I've been in there a few times recently, and the prices have all gone down, with decent specials each day. guess it just seems a bit stale...?
am i missing something?
TrippleJ

Hansford, WV

#8 Oct 30, 2011
i wanna bang the black bar tender there. she has a banging body
nunya

Hermitage, TN

#9 Oct 31, 2011
toot sweet wrote:
I'll tell you why. Horrible employees. I won't step foot in there again. You can't get a drink to save your ass. The hired help is either too busy talking to their buddies in the corner or playing on their cell phones. Davis's will put them out of business.
Agreed. The last time we went the server on the deck was too busy doing shots with regulars to wait on anyone else. She brought us a menu and two beers and did not come back to the table again, we're talking like half an hr. others were in the same situation, we're all looking around frustrated and she just keeps coming back to one table of regulars. we thought about having pizza delivered to the deck from Papa Johns lol. When we decided to leave we couldn't even get her to come over to pay so we walked out without paying. Hope her regulars tipped her because I doubt she got much else that night. I emailed the owner about my experience and no response. So, we are done. Too bad since they have a very nice outdoor area.
yep

Elizabeth, NJ

#10 Oct 31, 2011
Connie reed is the worst business owner in huntington !!! All she want is the football players to come in there do no work and get paid much more than anyone else. She don't evn pat the bills on time the gas company is always sending cut off notices among others !! There is only one person to blame Connie herself horrible business owner !!! She needs to pull her head out of mu's ass they could care less about her the place sucks !!! I hope this place closes !!!!!!!!!!
Toughcreek

United States

#11 Oct 31, 2011
Yeah I would agree poor ownership has lead to their problems. That place won't last long.
3 posts removed
yep

New York, NY

#15 Nov 4, 2011
Connie Reed trash
Gak

Huntington, WV

#16 Nov 5, 2011
Horrible service the last few times I've been there. Granted, we were at a table and ordering food, not sitting at the bar. We had to go to the bar to get our drinks because nobody would even come to the table after we ordered food. Took an hour to get wings and they even forgot one person's order. Ran out of glasses (not crowded) and were given paper cups. We were told Connie refused to buy more glasses. It's just not very fun there anymore. Such a shame. Used to be a good time!
Agree

United States

#17 Nov 5, 2011
Service is pretty bad. Food is terrible. Not a good place to watch a game. I'm done with it.
jam session

Huntington, WV

#18 Jan 5, 2013
TrippleJ wrote:
i wanna bang the black bar tender there. she has a banging body
amen to that smokin
lol

Hansford, WV

#19 Jan 5, 2013
yep wrote:
Connie reed is the worst business owner in huntington !!! All she want is the football players to come in there do no work and get paid much more than anyone else. She don't evn pat the bills on time the gas company is always sending cut off notices among others !! There is only one person to blame Connie herself horrible business owner !!! She needs to pull her head out of mu's ass they could care less about her the place sucks !!! I hope this place closes !!!!!!!!!!
If true, MU's Compliance Dept. would probably need to know about players getting treatment like that. The teams suck bad enough, if they were to get another set of sanctions they may as well start scheduling the University of Charleston and Fairmont St.

I can only hope you're trolling.
yep

Ardsley, NY

#20 Jan 6, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>If true, MU's Compliance Dept. would probably need to know about players getting treatment like that. The teams suck bad enough, if they were to get another set of sanctions they may as well start scheduling the University of Charleston and Fairmont St.

I can only hope you're trolling.
its true sad to say
youknowme

Chester, VA

#21 Jan 6, 2013
The food is good,just takes hours to get it. We were there watching a playoff game and the place was empty. Its got a going out of business feel to it.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#22 Jan 6, 2013
So basically there are 2 complaints.
1. Not good service.
2. Marshall University connection.

On issue #1... I've witnessed it myself and had terrible service as well as great service. While I recognize its a bar, I also recognize that food is served and promoted so the food service aspect needs to be improved and I've heard this complaint forever so its nothing new. The bartenders gave been great and terrible on nights it was dead and packed. So all around it could be better.

On issue #2... It's a bar owned by a Marshall University supporter/alumni in Huntington, WV home of said school. If you don't like that then you probably have issues with a lot of places in Huntington. You probably have issues in many college town businesses if they support the local school, let alone if the owner is an alumni of it. So to even bring that up is pretty pitiful.

Lastly about the supposed players working, I call BS. That's baseless and pure trolling.
MrNormal

Huntington, WV

#23 Jan 7, 2013
WOW, A business in Huntington with a Marhsall theme? Who'd a thunk it? Have you been to Columbus, Cincy, Lexington? How dare they have themed eateries that cater to the OSU, Reds or Wildcat crowds.
They have them in Morgantown too, its called Walmart!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Hierarchy in West Virginia ? 34 min Tina 6
Bryan Smith/Brian Smith 1 hr Loner79 2
Wife is having affair 3 hr Joy 4
chris crawford (Jan '11) 3 hr Cartman 21
myste wentz (Sep '15) 3 hr Cartman 5
Latricia Burgess (Feb '12) 3 hr Cartman 4
Amanda Nance (Jan '14) 3 hr Cartman 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance