mayor bringing new fee
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Miss Practicality

Huntington, WV

#24 Dec 20, 2013
Chris wrote:
They can have fun with that. I am under a lease so it will not have anything to do with me.
You don't think your landlord will not pass some form of higher fees on to you?
crazy

Hockessin, DE

#25 Dec 21, 2013
The timing of this around the holidays is not a coincidence. He hopes nobody has time to worry about it and protest. If you own property in Huntington PLEASE contact your council person.
Huntington

Hockessin, DE

#26 Dec 23, 2013
The decision to implement this TAX rests solely on the members of City Council. There are many other options but there is an effort to jam this through during the Holiday while no one is looking. This is only the beginning, estimates are that once in place the least monthly fees residents will pay is close to $45 a month, of course they won't tell us that part of it until it's too late.
alligator jackson

Kansas City, MO

#27 Dec 23, 2013
Mayor Steve, nice political move! Two councilmen are on the fence for tonight's rain tax vote: I just seen a pic of Mayor Steve walking a council mans daughter down the hall after a Christmas play at her school
In another note, are there any Clowncilman out there that would like a copy of my latest book and cd? Haha. Dang to bad I'm too ugly for promo pics lol
I do love the way Mayor Steve turns up in promo pics with clowncil. Not much neutrality going on there is there? Lol Good job of manipulating the vote Mayor Steve!
alligator jackson

Kansas City, MO

#28 Dec 23, 2013
I do want to make one thing clear. My attacks on Mayor Steve or council is not personal.
I respect Steve Williams and I think he is a very good man. But I disagree with his politics.

I am here to protect my city not sell books or CDs. I will call out anyone who tries anything dirty or unethical. I am not here to make friends I am here to do what is best for the city.
The costs for the rain tax will be immediate but the benefits will take years to see. There are other ways to raise money.

It is unethical to give your friends jobs and then send the city a bill.

The Mayor and council should not be hand in hand and no one should call on personal favors to sway an important vote

All I ask is look at the costs and look how long we see the benefits. I think we should layoff the new positions the Mayor created and use the money in the budget for this. Layoff Jim Insco and Bryan Chambers, there's 100 grand right there.
Huntington

Hockessin, DE

#29 Dec 27, 2013
HA like you wouldn't hire your friends or people you know? Gimme a break!
Figures

United States

#30 Dec 27, 2013
How much is this going to cost
cracker

Hockessin, DE

#31 Dec 27, 2013
Chris wrote:
They can have fun with that. I am under a lease so it will not have anything to do with me.
Wrong! Your rent will eventually go up.
alligator jackson

United States

#32 Dec 27, 2013
Huntington wrote:
HA like you wouldn't hire your friends or people you know? Gimme a break!
It's a job in the public spotlight, I would do what I've always done and that's hiring the most qualified individual. I can't believe he couldn't find someone more experienced than Jim Insco

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Front Royal, VA

#33 Dec 28, 2013
Look people, you cant have it both ways. This is a city that grew into a 100,000. Problem is, when over half left, the size of the city stayed the same, and in case you didnt know, all things get older over time, not newer. The infrastructure of our town is old and crumbling, but we have less than half of the tax-payer base to pay for things. So it only stands to reason that taxes and fees have to be added/raised for the remaining people, if we are all interested in maintaining our city. If we choose to do nothing, the long-term costs will be MUCH higher than fixing these things systematically over the short-term. Until someone with a brain actually starts running things here and devises ways of inviting new businesses that create jobs/elevating the tax-payer base, thing will only get worse, as our city can only grow older.Thats the nature of things here, don't like it, move.
Goochen Debrock

United States

#34 Dec 28, 2013
nohalgerg wrote:
Look people, you cant have it both ways. This is a city that grew into a 100,000. Problem is, when over half left, the size of the city stayed the same, and in case you didnt know, all things get older over time, not newer. The infrastructure of our town is old and crumbling, but we have less than half of the tax-payer base to pay for things. So it only stands to reason that taxes and fees have to be added/raised for the remaining people, if we are all interested in maintaining our city. If we choose to do nothing, the long-term costs will be MUCH higher than fixing these things systematically over the short-term. Until someone with a brain actually starts running things here and devises ways of inviting new businesses that create jobs/elevating the tax-payer base, thing will only get worse, as our city can only grow older.Thats the nature of things here, don't like it, move.
Well said. Even Huntington's tight a$$ greedy can understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't Afford To Feed My Wife 23 min Honey 10
Schools shouldnt have to buy students special n... 51 min Bill 4
Any intellectual discussions or is fart this al... 1 hr Blue eyes 6
Leaving needles on the streets junkie scum 1 hr Drug addicts mom 23
Golman's Jewlery is Closed!!?!?! 2 hr amy 4
herd football 3 hr chin chan 131
If you ever want to understand the liberal mind 3 hr MarkJ- 40

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages