What do you think of this preacher
tellthetruthforo nce

Elkview, WV

#2 Feb 22, 2012
hundreds of people have left his church since he came as pastor
buncholoosers

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2012
That Church has many decades of quarellsome diviciveness. People leaving has been a trend for many years. Satan has continually attacked them by infiltrating the body of believers. Those people argue about everything but what actually affects the minstry of the Church. The mere fact that someone started a thread on topix about Highlawn, shows the condition of the heart of that Church. They continually drive out all leaders no matter who it is. You could put Billy Grahm in the pulpit and those people would be more concerned with the color of his tie, then what his message was. Maybe if the thorns that choke the growth out are all gone, it might actually have a chance. So sad to see people take their eyes off Christ. I'm sure the chain of witnesses that came together in likemindedness to build that beautiful place would be saddened to see what the people have done with that responsibility. Communicate the life-changing message of Christ and stop the topix gossip and maybe, just maybe, God will show His favor on that place once again. It's probably a good thing that the brood of vipers have left.
Viper Hisses

Elkview, WV

#4 Mar 7, 2012
Nice try at whitewashing the truth. Of course,it is all about the spin. The spirit of Jezebel? Hardly. More like the spirit of self-delusion. Faithless people or narcissistic preacher? Let the kids play and let them PAY. Afterall, that's all thats left. "Brood of vipers?" Your sweet christian spirit is heartwarming.
Jezebels Spirit

Bluefield, WV

#5 Mar 7, 2012
Some say it is the spirit of Jezebel destroying that church. It may be something a little more human -everything orange doesn't just come from Florida - perhaps a neighbor close by. Ask Al Gore.

Level 9

Since: Aug 11

Huntington, WV

#6 Mar 7, 2012
leve Al out of this.
radius veritatis

Bluefield, WV

#7 Mar 7, 2012
Over 250 brood of vipers have left that church over last three years. seems the asylum is now run by the few remaining inmates. Or is it the kids?
Tennesee Man

United States

#8 Mar 8, 2012
I hear that feller is a legend in his own mind. I think he might just go international. Do you think he could make it a one way trip?
Radius Veritatis

United States

#9 Mar 8, 2012
I wouldn't hazzard a guess.
TerribleMother

Huntington, WV

#10 Mar 8, 2012
How come I ain't welcome there? They said me and my kids was causein a dispruption. You all are just jealous! You dont know nuthin about bein a mother! I give birth to 11 children. You all WISH you could say that! Jealous! You all r probly the ones called CPS! I"ll find out who it was! DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!!
Harley

Huntington, WV

#11 May 21, 2012
Is it true he is trying to sell the church so he can get a pay check
1 post removed
Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 May 21, 2012
Sounds like to me stender is a dumbass
Tennessee Man

Elkview, WV

#14 Jun 4, 2012
Probably is trying to sell the church. Hear it seats about 800 people and he has run off all but about 50 people in last 2 - 3 yers. Can't afford to pay the bills no doubt.Sounds like a great minister. Maybe he needs to "Volunteer" to go back to Tennessee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Lighthouse Bar 10 min Steve 39
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr ejlester21 3,991
Caught 14 yo stepson peeping at me (Apr '12) 2 hr Anon 121
Facebook prayers 2 hr God is not real 1
Baltimore Street drugs 2 hr Jims house 33
Why do blacks make up bogus history 3 hr Horsepiss 4
Rioting erupts in immigrant Swedish suburb 3 hr Reality Check 30

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance