1978 ford monarch for sale

1978 ford monarch for sale

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Chad

Chesapeake, OH

#1 Feb 10, 2013
For sale is a 1978 ford monarch . 86,000 miles. 302 v8 . Baby blue but has primered front fender . Runs good but the choke sticks from time to time . I will take $2,800 . If you want to see her its parked at fatty's store across from terrace.
1 post removed
Chad

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Feb 10, 2013
Do you understand this is a classic 302! Aka 5.0! This is the real deal!
Chad

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Feb 10, 2013
It also gets pretty good mpg. With a tuneup it would be great
Stan

Barboursville, WV

#5 Feb 11, 2013
Dude I've been around antique cars all my life. A Monarch with a 302 is not a big deal. If its clean and low mileage $2,800 is not a bad price. What you described is more like a $1500.00 car.
2 posts removed
psu

Hurricane, WV

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Not sure why ANYONE posts on here, about things for sale, because there's always these few who have to either put down the item, the price or the seller..or all 3..try Craigslist
Chad

Chesapeake, OH

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Well she might not have alot of ponies but shes fast outa the hole with loads of low end torque!
1 post removed
FORD GUY

Huntington, WV

#11 Feb 12, 2013
put a high rise weiand stealth intake a good double pumper...no more than 650cfm a good set of headers msd ignition....then it will come out of the hole.....and a rear gear would be nice also...good luck $1500 sounds about right...
2 posts removed
fomoco

Wexford, PA

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Chad wrote:
Well she might not have alot of ponies but shes fast outa the hole with loads of low end torque!
..Why do you call it a she, is it because it is full of holes ? Is it because it leaks red fluid ?
BigBully

Chesapeake, OH

#15 Feb 12, 2013
FORD GUY wrote:
put a high rise weiand stealth intake a good double pumper...no more than 650cfm a good set of headers msd ignition....then it will come out of the hole.....and a rear gear would be nice also...good luck $1500 sounds about right...
You just names $4000 (if do work yourself) worth of upgrades to a $1500 car that will still have a primer fender.
BigBully

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Chad wrote:
Anything short of a tractor with 133hp is NOT going to have torque.
Stan

Barboursville, WV

#17 Feb 12, 2013
BigBully wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything short of a tractor with 133hp is NOT going to have torque.
I tend to disagree about Ford torque. Ford's are notorious for having loads of torque. However I agree if you bought the car for $1,500 and spent $3,000 in upgrades you would still have a $2,500 car. If it makes it another 20 years maybe then the value will be there. Sorry Chad. I wouldn't know these things if I hadn't already made the mistakes. On the other hand it only takes one guy with cash who wants to build.
Stan

Barboursville, WV

#18 Feb 12, 2013
One other thing. Isn't the Monarch a Mercury? I think the Ford was the Granada. By the way is your car a 4 dr. or 2 dr?
BigBully

Chesapeake, OH

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Stan wrote:
One other thing. Isn't the Monarch a Mercury? I think the Ford was the Granada. By the way is your car a 4 dr. or 2 dr?
Good point. Missed that.
FORD GUY

Huntington, WV

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Free Willie wrote:
Carburetors suck for the following reasons:
Unequal fuel distribution to the cylinders.
Cannot compensate for temperature changes.
Fuel is atomized poorly resulting in poor combustion efficiency resulting in low power output and high emissions, wastes fuel.
Carbs cannot compensate for barometric pressure changes.
1920's technology = suck
you can work on a carbed engine got to have money and a computer for injection....lol!
ohio boy

Madison, OH

#21 Feb 14, 2013
I have a Ford Pinto if anybody wants to buy it. Been sitting in the driveway for ten years. It would be a great project for a 302 swap.
Chad

Chesapeake, OH

#22 Feb 14, 2013
Stan wrote:
Sorry its a habbit . I call all mercs fords and all gmc's chevys .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Sites 4 min Mike 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 55 min UTrashy 1,699
understanding racist white people part 2 1 hr Nancy 10
Hillary beats trump! 1 hr -zaphod- 55
When a kneeger says "Keep it real"? 1 hr On The Real tip 37
Lola's friend terry 2 hr Baltimore street 6 3
614 rear 30th Street stealing 3 hr Phonenumber 25

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance