Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18653 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it is Bill White. He was the mayor of Houston before Anise Parker got elected. She's openly lesbian and the mayor of Houston. Houston and Austin have gone blue here in Texas and there is talk that the whole state is going blue within the next few elections.
Bill White ran against Perrywinkle last time. I think he might stand a better chance if he ran again because Perry has sure made a jackass out of himself.
I have heard San Antonio's mayor thrown around but dunno if it is his time yet despite giving the DNC keynote speech, which normally goes to who is deemed a future to the party, just like Christie in the RNC.
foodstamp and obama plan

Raleigh, NC

#18654 Jun 26, 2013
Wv will be lucky to get Obama foodstamps or anything

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#18655 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>I never considered myself a democrat or a republican. That's why I get such a kick out of people calling me a liberal. I guess if they are far right, I seem liberal. I use the same example every time. I am opposed to gun control (but not necessarily registration) but I think if someone wants an abortion (for any oher reason than "after the fact birth control"), they should be able to get one legally and safely. The problem these days s trying to wade through all the bullshit that gets tossed around as fact in the media.
I know what you are saying. One thing I can't stand is the entire gun debate. My personal feelings is that a gun show a neighbor or anyone selling a gun should follow the same rules. An instant background check or calling the sheriff and letting the sheriffs department pull a NCIC check on anyone not only buying the gun also the person selling the gun. If a neighbor is selling you a gun how do you know if that gun was ever used in a crime. I have got a lot of guns but every gun I have purchased has had a background check done on me. I have a multistate concealed carry permit. I also have a federal conceal fire arm permit to be able to carry a fire arm across state lines that don't have the the same type of concealed permit that my home state has. Needed that when I drove a truck and hauled the material that I hauled. The permit doesn't cross country borders and is not recognizable in states that don't have conceal carry laws. But I think everybody that owns a hand gun, long gun and shot gun should have to take the extensive classes and be vetted the way I was vetted just to own a firearm. That would weed out some of the crazies that run around in a jacked up four by four with three rifles hanging across the back windshield.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Danville, VA

#18656 Jun 26, 2013
You're partially right, but in typical republican fashion, you blame the wrong guy.

I am sure of one thing though, if he had ended the Patriot Act and there had been an attack, you and all the rest of the repubilcans would be blaming him for the attack.
Arthur wrote:
If Obama had ended the corruption the day he took office and demanded criminal investigations of the prior administration and revealed the truth, he would be blameless and praised as a patriot. Instead he furthered the corruption and lied about it. A betrayer of the citizens of this country. Snowden is a patriot!

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Danville, VA

#18657 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you are saying. One thing I can't stand is the entire gun debate. My personal feelings is that a gun show a neighbor or anyone selling a gun should follow the same rules. An instant background check or calling the sheriff and letting the sheriffs department pull a NCIC check on anyone not only buying the gun also the person selling the gun. If a neighbor is selling you a gun how do you know if that gun was ever used in a crime. I have got a lot of guns but every gun I have purchased has had a background check done on me. I have a multistate concealed carry permit. I also have a federal conceal fire arm permit to be able to carry a fire arm across state lines that don't have the the same type of concealed permit that my home state has. Needed that when I drove a truck and hauled the material that I hauled. The permit doesn't cross country borders and is not recognizable in states that don't have conceal carry laws. But I think everybody that owns a hand gun, long gun and shot gun should have to take the extensive classes and be vetted the way I was vetted just to own a firearm. That would weed out some of the crazies that run around in a jacked up four by four with three rifles hanging across the back windshield.
I don't mind registration at all--especially the kind we have here in Texas. It's painless especially when compared to some other states I've lived in.

I also wouldn't mind it one bit if we strengthened the laws against those that commit crimes with guns.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Danville, VA

#18658 Jun 26, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard San Antonio's mayor thrown around but dunno if it is his time yet despite giving the DNC keynote speech, which normally goes to who is deemed a future to the party, just like Christie in the RNC.
Yeah, it could be. It's a lot more of a fight in Texas for republicans than it used to be.
Phil Hatio

United States

#18659 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you are saying. One thing I can't stand is the entire gun debate. My personal feelings is that a gun show a neighbor or anyone selling a gun should follow the same rules. An instant background check or calling the sheriff and letting the sheriffs department pull a NCIC check on anyone not only buying the gun also the person selling the gun. If a neighbor is selling you a gun how do you know if that gun was ever used in a crime. I have got a lot of guns but every gun I have purchased has had a background check done on me. I have a multistate concealed carry permit. I also have a federal conceal fire arm permit to be able to carry a fire arm across state lines that don't have the the same type of concealed permit that my home state has. Needed that when I drove a truck and hauled the material that I hauled. The permit doesn't cross country borders and is not recognizable in states that don't have conceal carry laws. But I think everybody that owns a hand gun, long gun and shot gun should have to take the extensive classes and be vetted the way I was vetted just to own a firearm. That would weed out some of the crazies that run around in a jacked up four by four with three rifles hanging across the back windshield.
You are a trip, Dave. The federal government does NOT issue a concealed weapons permit. http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/general.html

Also, here is the relevant WV Conceal carry laws. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/westvirginia....

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#18660 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Conservative run state?
Rick Perry?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
Texas has one thing going for it, Bob. Oil. Without that, they'd be nothing.
Texas is the number one state of high school drop outs, teen pregancy, infant mortality, and several of the poorest counties in the country. Don't be fooled by the hype.
<quoted text>
TEXAS!!!!......The Mexican Gate-Way To America.....
exil

Charleston, WV

#18661 Jun 26, 2013
Oh don't worry WV will probably ALL BE ON FOODSTAMPS!

Location hidden

#18662 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind registration at all--especially the kind we have here in Texas. It's painless especially when compared to some other states I've lived in.

I also wouldn't mind it one bit if we strengthened the laws against those that commit crimes with guns.
You know if they had to follow the same guidelines to buy a guy to have a concealed carry permit a lot less criminals would have guns.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Danville, VA

#18663 Jun 26, 2013
--Crack Rabbit-- wrote:
<quoted text>
TEXAS!!!!......The Mexican Gate-Way To America.....
Yeah and all I can say is that I wish I would have moved here 25 years ago when I first had a chance. Those Mexican women are hotter than hammered hell.

;)

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Danville, VA

#18664 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
You know if they had to follow the same guidelines to buy a guy to have a concealed carry permit a lot less criminals would have guns.
Yep, that's for sure.

Location hidden

#18665 Jun 26, 2013
Phil Hatio wrote:
<quoted text>You are a trip, Dave. The federal government does NOT issue a concealed weapons permit. http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/general.html

Also, here is the relevant WV Conceal carry laws. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/westvirginia....
Oh yes they do. Military, FBI Federal Marshals have a permit to carry from the federal government. I hauled live rounds of ammunition for a motor carrier and had to go through a FBI background check and was allowed to carry a firearm in a truck in any of the 48 mainland states of the US. I also hauled US currency to be destroyed that was old and worn to an federal facility to be incinerated. Also if you are so smart you would also the FMCSA rules that a hand gun or fire arm cannot be carried in a truck that is covered by the FMCSA laws and regulations. All vehicles that are under the FMCSA and ICC rules are any vehicle for hire over the weight of 26,000 lbs. including and not limited to trucks, buses, airplanes, boats, and trains. Any under that weight that are for hire only. Any over that weight can be for hire or private transport. That also includes cabs, vans or any other smaller vehicles that are for hire. Those vehicles that are operating in state the rules are relaxed a bit. Those vehicles operated across state lines follow the rules that I stated. That is why when hauling money that the Feds have control over and government fire arms and live rounds that you have to apply for a special Federal Permit to haul those materials. Also that permit has to be filled for 6 months prior to the use of the permit because it takes that long to be approved for the permit.
OhHappyDay

Lake Geneva, WI

#18666 Jun 26, 2013
Thank God for the Supreme Court! Scumdog and Creepy can finally come out and get the benefits they deserve.

Location hidden

#18667 Jun 26, 2013
Did you people know that Obama Care will force the Catholic Church pay for insurance in its employ that covers Abortion.

Read this:

How rich do you have to be in Barack Obama's America to pay the whole tab for your own abortion? What about a divorced 38-year-old public school principal who has three children and earns $90,000 per year? Would she need to personally pay the full fare to have a doctor kill her fourth child while that child was still in her womb?

Under Obamacare, the federal government will force taxpayers to help her buy insurance that pays for abortions.

Back in March, the Obama administration published the 166-page regulation governing the establishment of Obamacare's state health-insurance exchanges. A few weeks later, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) published a two-page analysis explaining what this regulation means for American taxpayers who do not want to pay for someone to kill a child.

"Through their tax dollars all taxpayers will be forced to pay directly for other people's abortions," said the analysis. "Some will say this is technically not 'tax funding of abortions,' because the required surcharge will be a premium payment rather than a tax payment as such. But what the payment is called is less important than what it actually does."

The USCCB analysis explained: "The plans that include elective abortions must charge each enrollee an additional payment, to be used solely for elective abortions for anyone in the plan. The Act explicitly requires that the premiums paid on behalf of every man, woman and child in the plan must have this surcharge."

But the Obamacare regulation does not allow the insurers to reveal the amount of this abortion surcharge. "The insurer who covers elective abortions may list abortions in its usual summary of covered benefits, but may not take any further steps to warn enrollees that they are buying a plan with abortions," said the USCCB analysis. "Moreover, even at the time of enrollment, they may not inform enrollees how much of their premium payment is to be separated out and used solely to pay for abortions."

Even taxpayers who refuse to buy a health insurance plan that covers abortions will be forced by the government to subsidize those who do.

"These plans, including those which cover abortions without any limits, will be eligible for federal tax credit subsidies when the enrollee earns less than four times the federal poverty level," the USCCB explained. "In all previous federal programs, including the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, such tax subsidies for overall plans that include elective abortions were forbidden by law."

Obamacare is not about transparency, it is about coercion — even to the point of coercing people to pay for taking innocent life.

"While many private health plans now cover abortions, then, what is new about the Affordable Care Act is this: These plans will receive federal tax subsidies," the USCCB concluded.

So, who are the people who earn less than four times the federal poverty level and thus will get a subsidy from taxpayers to buy insurance covering abortions?

This year the federal poverty level for a family of four is $23,050. Four times $23,050 is $92,200.

Thus, if the Obamacare exchanges were operating today, a divorced 38-year-old public school principal with three children and a $90,000-per-year salary would be entitled to a tax subsidy to buy an insurance plan covering abortions.

What kind of people will the federal government force to pay this subsidy?

Here's one possibility: A married mother of five working as a teacher at a Catholic school, earning a salary of $35,000 per year, and doing her best to teach her pupils and her own children that God gives every human being an inalienable right to life.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#18668 Jun 26, 2013
None of that is true Harvey. It's a tea bagger blog. Four times the poverty rate is completely made up. Medicaid under Obamacare will be available to families and individual earning 135 percent of the poverty level. Not four times. That's ridiculous tea bagger lies. It's $38,500 per year for a family of four. And there's absolutely no change whatsoever between Obamacare and what is currently covered by Medicaid. None. Zero. It will be expanded slightly to include eye and dental coverage. That's it. If a woman and her doctor are covered by Medicaid and CHOOSE to terminate a pregnancy, it was covered in 1965, it's covered now, and it'll be covered in the future. Get used to it. It's legal, it's upheld by the highest court in the land and it's none of your's or the government's business what women do with their bodies. These scare tactics only work on one sect of society - dumb people.
Lefty

Ashburn, VA

#18669 Jun 26, 2013
You republicans don't know what you want. You complain of immigrants over populating yet you want every baby born no matter what the circumstances. Then you will complain when people go on welfare to support their unwanted child because your right to life. Yet you're all about killing in wars and for the death penalty. i could go on and on with your party's constant contradictions. Wake up your party is dying and out of touch. You are no longer living in your white male dominated country.
Phil Hatio

United States

#18670 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes they do. Military, FBI Federal Marshals have a permit to carry from the federal government. I hauled live rounds of ammunition for a motor carrier and had to go through a FBI background check and was allowed to carry a firearm in a truck in any of the 48 mainland states of the US. I also hauled US currency to be destroyed that was old and worn to an federal facility to be incinerated. Also if you are so smart you would also the FMCSA rules that a hand gun or fire arm cannot be carried in a truck that is covered by the FMCSA laws and regulations. All vehicles that are under the FMCSA and ICC rules are any vehicle for hire over the weight of 26,000 lbs. including and not limited to trucks, buses, airplanes, boats, and trains. Any under that weight that are for hire only. Any over that weight can be for hire or private transport. That also includes cabs, vans or any other smaller vehicles that are for hire. Those vehicles that are operating in state the rules are relaxed a bit. Those vehicles operated across state lines follow the rules that I stated. That is why when hauling money that the Feds have control over and government fire arms and live rounds that you have to apply for a special Federal Permit to haul those materials. Also that permit has to be filled for 6 months prior to the use of the permit because it takes that long to be approved for the permit.
Military, FBI and Federal Marshalls are government employees and are not issued a permit, as such. Inform yourself. You never applied or received a federal permit to carry any weapon! That does not exist for any citizen. All your other rambling is just cover for yout bullshite! Nice to see your imagination is still active, Dave.
RIGHTEOUS

Fairmont, WV

#18671 Jun 26, 2013
Lefty wrote:
You republicans don't know what you want. You complain of immigrants over populating yet you want every baby born no matter what the circumstances. Then you will complain when people go on welfare to support their unwanted child because your right to life. Yet you're all about killing in wars and for the death penalty. i could go on and on with your party's constant contradictions. Wake up your party is dying and out of touch. You are no longer living in your white male dominated country.
TESTIFY!
Phil Hatio

United States

#18672 Jun 26, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
None of that is true Harvey. It's a tea bagger blog. Four times the poverty rate is completely made up. Medicaid under Obamacare will be available to families and individual earning 135 percent of the poverty level. Not four times. That's ridiculous tea bagger lies. It's $38,500 per year for a family of four. And there's absolutely no change whatsoever between Obamacare and what is currently covered by Medicaid. None. Zero. It will be expanded slightly to include eye and dental coverage. That's it. If a woman and her doctor are covered by Medicaid and CHOOSE to terminate a pregnancy, it was covered in 1965, it's covered now, and it'll be covered in the future. Get used to it. It's legal, it's upheld by the highest court in the land and it's none of your's or the government's business what women do with their bodies. These scare tactics only work on one sect of society - dumb people.
I see Dave/Harvey has endeared himself to you on this thread with the "Damn the facts! Full steam on the propaganda!" assault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virus going around? 46 min Totally Understand 6
Topix Moderator 54 min quank 4
Remembering the cb radio days in Huntington 1 hr Greasy Metal 5
Mayor Williams and that 3 million dollars. 1 hr Huntington resident 11
carousel club (Jan '17) 1 hr Jay 37
river park hospital (Jul '11) 2 hr July 282
CHH Board Members---Do Your Job ! 2 hr Helen 4
Jimmy Hysell tip on samantha Burns body 7 hr Hysell trash 71

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web