“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Corsicana, TX

#18633 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you speak in a language that at least someone can understand? What kind of language is that. Slobnockerstandish?
That's just Bob. He really is one of the funniest people on Topix (when he ain't squawking about politics). Despite his goofy politics, I think he's alright--because he is just plain funny as hell.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18634 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they have, but the problem is a little different now. I was always one of those people who after 8 years of anybody, I would vote for the other party (voted for Bush in 2000). The republican party (to me anyway) has moved so far to the right that they are alienating a lot of people. If they want to get back in, they are going to have to be a lot more inclusive. A hell of a lot more inclusive.
Also need to point out the left is not "far left", "Obamacare" is not even close to "far left". I just cant help but laugh at the hapless on these boards that think that the opposite is true.

“what are you talking about you”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#18635 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
The economy is improving, you just have to be able and willing to go where it is better.
red stayts
Sundog512 wrote:
That's why I left Michigan in 2008 and moved to Texas.
conservuhtivlee run stayt ......
Sundog512 wrote:
You just have to be willing to go where the work is. People just have to be willing to go to where the work is because unless they're hookers, the work is not going to come to them.
<quoted text>
cunsurvitevlee run stayts

*nod*
poynt well mayd ;-)
frig my lifes
2 posts removed

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#18638 Jun 26, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
Also need to point out the left is not "far left", "Obamacare" is not even close to "far left". I just cant help but laugh at the hapless on these boards that think that the opposite is true.
I think it is a matter of perspective. The left seems far left to the right because the right has moved so far to the right.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#18639 Jun 26, 2013
Conservative run state?

Rick Perry?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Texas has one thing going for it, Bob. Oil. Without that, they'd be nothing.

Texas is the number one state of high school drop outs, teen pregancy, infant mortality, and several of the poorest counties in the country. Don't be fooled by the hype.
Cooterbob wrote:
<quoted text> red stayts <quoted text> conservuhtivlee run stayt ......<quoted text>
cunsurvitevlee run stayts
*nod*
poynt well mayd ;-)
frig my lifes
Arthur

United States

#18640 Jun 26, 2013
If the Republicans move anymore to the right Rush will look like a liberal.
Arthur

United States

#18641 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
For me, it's working out great. I hoped we would change parties at the top and we did. I hoped that it would make republicans go crazy and it did.
So far, hope and change has been everything I had hoped it would.
A government that secretly grants itself powers strictly prohibited by the Constitution is not at all the hope and change I wanted when I voted for the tyrant.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#18642 Jun 26, 2013
To be fair, Arthur, that power and the programs that gave that power was already in place when Obama took office.
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>A government that secretly grants itself powers strictly prohibited by the Constitution is not at all the hope and change I wanted when I voted for the tyrant.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Location hidden

#18643 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
To be fair, Arthur, that power and the programs that gave that power was already in place when Obama took office.
<quoted text>
That must have been the part fox news omitted to keep its sheep semi-informed.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#18644 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they have, but the problem is a little different now. I was always one of those people who after 8 years of anybody, I would vote for the other party (voted for Bush in 2000). The republican party (to me anyway) has moved so far to the right that they are alienating a lot of people. If they want to get back in, they are going to have to be a lot more inclusive. A hell of a lot more inclusive.
But in reality, both sides have moved farther away from each other the last few years. I think both sides need to peal back the layers of onion a little bit to get even close to the center. I voted for Bob Wise, Gaston Caperton, Jay Rockefeller, Joe Mansion, and Ray Tomblin. Some of those democrats are far from being left of center, but what or who would I have voted for a republican that was even farther to the right than they were. Those were governors that I voted for. I voted for Jay Rockefeller, Robert Byrd, Joe Mansion, Nick Rahall for my congressman. Don't think that looks to righty to me.

Location hidden

#18645 Jun 26, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>Could you please reveal your sources? If it's a credible news source I would like to research it. However, if this is something someone told you then this is how ridiculous rumors get started because people repeat it over and over as fact. i consider myself to be pretty informed and this is the first I've heard of this. i think we can agree that this doesn't sound like something any politician would say. Also please give the context of why it was said.
Obama was probably talking about Joe Manchin not going along with Obama's EPA stance on coal.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#18646 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
But in reality, both sides have moved farther away from each other the last few years. I think both sides need to peal back the layers of onion a little bit to get even close to the center. I voted for Bob Wise, Gaston Caperton, Jay Rockefeller, Joe Mansion, and Ray Tomblin. Some of those democrats are far from being left of center, but what or who would I have voted for a republican that was even farther to the right than they were. Those were governors that I voted for. I voted for Jay Rockefeller, Robert Byrd, Joe Mansion, Nick Rahall for my congressman. Don't think that looks to righty to me.
I don't think so. Under Clinton, the left wanted to end the ridiculous drug war (we lost), have a single-payer health system, tax the bejesus out of the rich, power up the EPA and slash carbon emmissions through fines. Now Obamacare is considered liberal, there's not even consideration for ending the drug war and starting a war on poverty, the rich pay less taxes than the middle class and cap-and-trade is now a democratic solution to global warming, even though it was invented by the right as a compromise for Clinton's environmmental policies.

You just wait for Hillary though. All that shit's comin' back, she'll either go around or jam it down their throats and the days of democrats willing to compromise will be over.

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Location hidden

#18647 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Conservative run state?
Rick Perry?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
Texas has one thing going for it, Bob. Oil. Without that, they'd be nothing.
Texas is the number one state of high school drop outs, teen pregancy, infant mortality, and several of the poorest counties in the country. Don't be fooled by the hype.
<quoted text>
I heard Dick Perry is gonna run for another term becoming Texas longest disaster in its history, which Dem is most likely to win that nod to run against the mannequin?

Location hidden

#18648 Jun 26, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. Under Clinton, the left wanted to end the ridiculous drug war (we lost), have a single-payer health system, tax the bejesus out of the rich, power up the EPA and slash carbon emmissions through fines. Now Obamacare is considered liberal, there's not even consideration for ending the drug war and starting a war on poverty, the rich pay less taxes than the middle class and cap-and-trade is now a democratic solution to global warming, even though it was invented by the right as a compromise for Clinton's environmmental policies.

You just wait for Hillary though. All that shit's comin' back, she'll either go around or jam it down their throats and the days of democrats willing to compromise will be over.
But that environmental policy won't do a thing but raise electricity costs and make poor people poorer. I pay close to 400.00 a month in the summer for electricity. That's what I pay now. Not what I pay after this program goes into effect.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#18649 Jun 26, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
I never considered myself a democrat or a republican. That's why I get such a kick out of people calling me a liberal. I guess if they are far right, I seem liberal. I use the same example every time. I am opposed to gun control (but not necessarily registration) but I think if someone wants an abortion (for any oher reason than "after the fact birth control"), they should be able to get one legally and safely. The problem these days s trying to wade through all the bullshit that gets tossed around as fact in the media.
Arthur

United States

#18650 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesnt really matter who started it. Cheney started it but Obama has continued and expanded these illegal activities instead of immediately putting a stop to it. He takes the blame now because he is the president and can stop it.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Corsicana, TX

#18651 Jun 26, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Dick Perry is gonna run for another term becoming Texas longest disaster in its history, which Dem is most likely to win that nod to run against the mannequin?
I hope it is Bill White. He was the mayor of Houston before Anise Parker got elected. She's openly lesbian and the mayor of Houston. Houston and Austin have gone blue here in Texas and there is talk that the whole state is going blue within the next few elections.

Bill White ran against Perrywinkle last time. I think he might stand a better chance if he ran again because Perry has sure made a jackass out of himself.
Arthur

United States

#18652 Jun 26, 2013
If Obama had ended the corruption the day he took office and demanded criminal investigations of the prior administration and revealed the truth, he would be blameless and praised as a patriot. Instead he furthered the corruption and lied about it. A betrayer of the citizens of this country. Snowden is a patriot!

“Tears of a Clown”

Level 9

Location hidden

#18653 Jun 26, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it is Bill White. He was the mayor of Houston before Anise Parker got elected. She's openly lesbian and the mayor of Houston. Houston and Austin have gone blue here in Texas and there is talk that the whole state is going blue within the next few elections.
Bill White ran against Perrywinkle last time. I think he might stand a better chance if he ran again because Perry has sure made a jackass out of himself.
I have heard San Antonio's mayor thrown around but dunno if it is his time yet despite giving the DNC keynote speech, which normally goes to who is deemed a future to the party, just like Christie in the RNC.
foodstamp and obama plan

Raleigh, NC

#18654 Jun 26, 2013
Wv will be lucky to get Obama foodstamps or anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
delmond dennis 9 min trick or treat 1
MARSHALL claim To Fame isn't What YOU think HERD 46 min lol 276
nikki coughenour 1 hr smh 47
Steven Smith and Christine Burcham 1 hr Concerned 23
Little Shorty (Jul '11) 1 hr short dog 87
Best Family Law Attorney in Cabell county? 1 hr WTH 3
JB'S Strippers. .. 1 hr bring home the bacon 5
Huntington Teacher, 3rd offence DUI 12 hr hurricane chick 40
Huntington Dating
Find my Match