Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14679 May 17, 2013
THE LAST WARRIOR POET wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur. The only way to keep guns out of criminals hands is to enact laws forbidding gun sales at flea markets , individual sales from one person to another, etc. How does one enforce this? Make it illegal to do so. All sales should have to go before a local magistrate if they have to create a new position or division in the local courthouse to do so. Anyone caught with someone elses registered gun than both would be arrested for first offense misdemeanor, 2nd offense being a felony. If a crime is commited with a gun thats found to have been sold without de-registeration through the courthouse than that person who sold the gun would be charged with aiding and abetting in the commision of that crime. If this doesnt encourage responsible gun owners or dealers to abide by these new laws than they deserve jail time.
I like the idea of putting the onus on the individual rather than the gun. Crimes committed with guns--burglary, home invasion, etc, fall under some sort of automatic sentencing guide-lines. No parole or early release.

I know that a lot of people disagree with this (at least people I have talked to about it), but I would not be totally opposed to some sort of special guide-lines regarding individuals who have had diagnosed mental illness issues in their lives. Perhaps these people would be required to have some sort of extra evaluation from a doctor before being allowed to own a gun.

Let's face it, the last few mass murders have all been carried out by people with previously diagnosed mental illness issues.

I bought a hand gun at a gun show here in Texas a few years back with a driver's lisence that had the wrong birth-date on it. I never noticed it myself until a few months later, but I just thought it odd that when they did the state "background check," nobody pointed that out.

When I lived in Michigan, it took several days to get all the paperwork done to purchase a gun. Here in Texas, the first purchase takes about 45 minutes. Subsequent gun purchases take about 15 minutes.
bacon hater

Evans City, PA

#14680 May 17, 2013
There're three times the number of laws regarding vehicles than there are guns, but there isn't any mass hysteria about setting new ones. Speed limits don't always work, but that doesn't mean we need to abandon the concept. Our gun laws are the weakest in the world (way weaker than Switzerland's). We also have the most gun murders, unregistered guns and felons with guns. Setting laws that prevent whackos from buying them illegally isn't controversial anywhere but here. The gunnuts are pervasive. They vote against their own interests, and they're a group of paranoid followers who do what they're told. They aren't the problem. They aren't the murderers, they aren't the mentally ill (in the general sense) and they aren't the criminals. They're just stupid. They stand as a human shield between sensible laws and gun profits. And they think they're "protecting freedom" while they're really just protecting gun manufacturers and criminals. Sorry, if you're worried about too many laws or the government having too much power or having the ability to control its own population, you're. Late. And these are the peopple that claim to be able to draw faster than the boogeyman they pretend is jimmying open their front door.
bacon hater

Evans City, PA

#14681 May 17, 2013
And Sundog, that doesn't surprise me in Texas. The last person who noticed they have textbooks there was Lee Harvey Oswald.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#14682 May 17, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
And Sundog, that doesn't surprise me in Texas. The last person who noticed they have textbooks there was Lee Harvey Oswald.
LOL....yeah, and at that, he only used those books to rest his gun on them.

;)

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#14683 May 17, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
There're three times the number of laws regarding vehicles than there are guns, but there isn't any mass hysteria about setting new ones. Speed limits don't always work, but that doesn't mean we need to abandon the concept. Our gun laws are the weakest in the world (way weaker than Switzerland's). We also have the most gun murders, unregistered guns and felons with guns. Setting laws that prevent whackos from buying them illegally isn't controversial anywhere but here. The gunnuts are pervasive. They vote against their own interests, and they're a group of paranoid followers who do what they're told. They aren't the problem. They aren't the murderers, they aren't the mentally ill (in the general sense) and they aren't the criminals. They're just stupid. They stand as a human shield between sensible laws and gun profits. And they think they're "protecting freedom" while they're really just protecting gun manufacturers and criminals. Sorry, if you're worried about too many laws or the government having too much power or having the ability to control its own population, you're. Late. And these are the peopple that claim to be able to draw faster than the boogeyman they pretend is jimmying open their front door.
I'm curious about that too. I mean I hear a lot of people talking about what they would do in case of an armed home invasion (or even unarmed for that matter). When I think about it, I always look at it this way. Whoever is breaking into your house has a plan. They've thought it through to some extent. If you are startled awake in the middle of the night by someone breaking in your door, are you really prepared to grab a gun and start shooting or are you going to hesitate for the few seconds that the guy needs to take you out.

I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that question until they are in the situation. I mean we'd all like to think that we'd just grab a gun and start blazing away, but in the end, I don't think anyone really knows how they would react until they are in the situation. Despite what everyone seems to think, you don't always have the time to think things through. You only have the time to react and how many of us are going to react the way we think we would.

As for the laws, I am not saying that we should abandon them or give up on them. I think we need to strengthen them to make them effective. I don't buy into the whole protecting freedoms thing because so far, I've not seen any indication that they are trying to take the guns away from all of us. My only comment is that I wish that some of these laws were less sweeping and more tailored to dealing with the issue that some people just shouldn't have guns. Period.

It's kind of like the old freedom of speech thing. Yes, we all have it, but that doesn't mean you are free to yell fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire. Same thing applies to guns. Yes, we are all free to own them, but when people start going to schools and theaters and killing people for no reason, THOSE kinds of people represent the biggest threat to gun ownership for all of us. I think we all need to agree and demand that something needs to be done about them because they are the biggest threat to gun ownership--far bigger than any president whose policies people just disagree with in principle.
mcbill

Richmond, VA

#14684 May 17, 2013
Oh shit... Did somebody steal your screen name sundog? You are making a reasonable arguement for gun control without calling us conservatives child killers. I agree with you that we need to focus on the the poeple more than the guns themselves. And if it ever comes time to defend ones self, well, thats another story.
In 1985, while stationed in colorado, a friend and i were out on a fishing trip. We noticed a family floating on the stream and knew they were in for trouble because of the rough water down stream. Long story short... We rescued 7 out of the eight of them. The last one surfaced a couple months later. My point is, if I were in that colorado theater, there aint no way that nut would have gotten a hundred rounds off and killed/wounded 70+ people.
Porkhater... Just not sure theres any hope for you.

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#14685 May 17, 2013
So What Have I Missed???...

Are The Republicans Still Complaining About The Big Scary Black Man In The White House???...

Are They Still Calling anyone and Everyone Names That Don't Agree With Them That He's Big....Scary....And Black???...

Are The "Poor" Republicans Still Fighting The Good Fight For The "Rich" Republicans....So The Rich Republicans Can Go Back To Stepping On {Them} as Well as Others????...

Have There Been {Any} Political Discussions Made....Without a Republican Reverting To Name Calling???....

Is Rush Limbaugh Still a Pill Addict???.....

Is Fox News Still Editing Their News Broadcast To Fit Their Conservative Agenda???...

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#14686 May 17, 2013
--Crack Rabbit-- wrote:
So What Have I Missed???...
Are The Republicans Still Complaining About The Big Scary Black Man In The White House???...
Are They Still Calling anyone and Everyone Names That Don't Agree With Them That He's Big....Scary....And Black???...
Are The "Poor" Republicans Still Fighting The Good Fight For The "Rich" Republicans....So The Rich Republicans Can Go Back To Stepping On {Them} as Well as Others????...
Have There Been {Any} Political Discussions Made....Without a Republican Reverting To Name Calling???....
Is Rush Limbaugh Still a Pill Addict???.....
Is Fox News Still Editing Their News Broadcast To Fit Their Conservative Agenda???...
Far as I know, yes to every one of your questions.

Also it was obvious the republicans made up the talking points schtick, glad to see them called out on it. Almost everything they complain is phony outrage or outright smears and lots of editing, glad to see Holder call out that tard from Texas and told the truth that he knows nothing. Gomer got all butt hurt over that.

Wonder what fictional "crime" against Obama they will make up next week.

Weyes to every one of your questions.

Also it was obvious the republicans made up the talking points schtick, glad to see them called out on it. Almost everything they complain is phony outrage or outright smears, glasd to see Holder call out that tard from Texas and told the truth that he knows nothing. Gomer got all butt hurt over that, boo hoo hoo, guy among many others in the gop has no business being in congress, just has dumb constituencies that believes in a fantasy world that does not exist,. maybe that is why they are guilty of everything they preach..

Wonder what "scandal" will thery make up next week? They better come up with something that does not come back to bite them such as GOP lockstepped voted a year ago to deny embassy protection because if they voted for it the embassy bombing would not have happened.

Level 9

Location hidden

#14687 May 17, 2013
Far as I know, yes to every question.

Also it was obvious the republicans made up the talking points schtick, glad to see them called out on it. Almost everything they complain is phony outrage or outright smears, glasd to see Holder call out that tard from Texas and told the truth that he knows nothing. Gomer got all butt hurt over that, boo hoo hoo, guy among many others in the gop has no business being in congress, just has dumb constituencies that believes in a fantasy world that does not exist,. maybe that is why they are guilty of everything they preach..

Wonder what "scandal" will thery make up next week? They better come up with something that does not come back to bite them such as GOP lockstepped voted a year ago to deny embassy protection because if they voted for it the embassy bombing would not have happened.

Level 9

Location hidden

#14688 May 17, 2013
2nd post is correct one not first.
mcbill

Richmond, VA

#14689 May 17, 2013
Wataminit... There's a black man in the white house? Leave it to you liberals to bring that up.
mcbill

Richmond, VA

#14690 May 17, 2013
Great... Now we gotta deal with weepy crack rabits that dont know which post is coming or going. Hey ya'll... I thought about starting up a 501c3 just so that there IRS could climb up my conservative ass and have some fun. What you think? Maybe call ot the stupid white conservative moron council. Helping rich white folks get dumber everyday.
Venus

Brooklyn, NY

#14691 May 17, 2013
Mcbill : lol good one

Rand Paul needs to be put in the white house Obama is useless and deceitful. Screw that shite
Frogg

Logan, WV

#14692 May 17, 2013
Vote Frogg Conley for CHANGE JEssIcO WhItE THIS IS STUPID ELECTION OVER
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#14693 May 17, 2013
obama's so drunk on power he thinks he can intimidate his opponents using the internal revenue service. now look what he's done. the tea party will get millions from the lawsuit. holy chit. another obsama screwup again today. its an everday deal folks.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#14694 May 17, 2013
man the republicans ripped that obama lemming a new azz hole today.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#14695 May 17, 2013
obama is drunk on power folks. im not chitting you. hes going to let his crooked buddies in the IRS run your obsama health care for you. this is a fact. we must repeal it.
Rick James

Charleston, WV

#14696 May 17, 2013
They shoulda never give you A holes Internet in your bunkers. Take some IMMODIUM you all got diarrhea of the mouth.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#14697 May 17, 2013
You've tried 37 times and failed 37 times. What's one or two more times. It's not going to matter.

Poor republicants. Always wrong, but never in doubt.
fitness-guru wrote:
obama is drunk on power folks. im not chitting you. hes going to let his crooked buddies in the IRS run your obsama health care for you. this is a fact. we must repeal it.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#14698 May 17, 2013
Try it. My guess is you're as powerless as you come across on here so nothing would happen, but give it a shot.
mcbill wrote:
Great... Now we gotta deal with weepy crack rabits that dont know which post is coming or going. Hey ya'll... I thought about starting up a 501c3 just so that there IRS could climb up my conservative ass and have some fun. What you think? Maybe call ot the stupid white conservative moron council. Helping rich white folks get dumber everyday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
18 year old ONA boy CAUGHT Video Recording in R... 6 min Really 2
ISIS Cake! 32 min Joe 40
Colton merritt men's room perv 35 min told ya 3
where do all the horny milfs/housewives hang ou... 1 hr lovin them milfs 6
HHS Baseball. 2 hr CanAmRiderz 11
Frontier cable drug testing (Feb '12) 2 hr Smart Choices 30
for a black people 2 hr j singe 104
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages