Comments
13,261 - 13,280 of 57,027 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
bacon hater

Saxonburg, PA

#14388 May 14, 2013
Sundog - what's your take on the AP phone records? As I've said before, it isn't political in any way. It's a national security versus press access and accountability issue, so regardless of how these sad and desperate tea baggers try to shape it, keep it substantive. Whatcha think? I am a member of the fourth estate who once worked in media and while now I work for private corporations, my allegience remains with the press. I'm sure you agree that freedom of the press outweighs the need for security in most cases, but this centers around the controversial issue of revealing anonymous sources. I am of the belief that under no circumstances - none - should any government have the right to ask a journalist who their sources may be, much less confiscate materials in an attempt to discover them. Courts almost always agree. Do you think that governments should be permitted to jail or threaten journalists when they refuse to disclose their sources? Are there exceptions when they should be able to punish journalists who don't? If a terrorist steals a nuke and tells an al Jazeera reporter he's gonna blow up DC, should they be forced to reveal his location and identity?

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Las Vegas, NV

#14389 May 14, 2013
Well if words were food, I couldn't possibly come up with enough to keep your fat ass full.
Knows wrote:
You say enough of nothing for everybody. Keep talking loudly boy.
<quoted text>

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14390 May 14, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Sundog - what's your take on the AP phone records? As I've said before, it isn't political in any way. It's a national security versus press access and accountability issue, so regardless of how these sad and desperate tea baggers try to shape it, keep it substantive. Whatcha think? I am a member of the fourth estate who once worked in media and while now I work for private corporations, my allegience remains with the press. I'm sure you agree that freedom of the press outweighs the need for security in most cases, but this centers around the controversial issue of revealing anonymous sources. I am of the belief that under no circumstances - none - should any government have the right to ask a journalist who their sources may be, much less confiscate materials in an attempt to discover them. Courts almost always agree. Do you think that governments should be permitted to jail or threaten journalists when they refuse to disclose their sources? Are there exceptions when they should be able to punish journalists who don't? If a terrorist steals a nuke and tells an al Jazeera reporter he's gonna blow up DC, should they be forced to reveal his location and identity?
100% agree. There was a lot of discussion about this back in the Nixon Watergate days. I think the government has the right to ask and if the journalist cooperates, that's fine, but I also think that the press has the right to refuse without risk of prosecution.

The fact that most media these days have aligned themselves with the right or the left is a very sad thing. Back in the days when network news organizations were not beholding to advertisers, I had a lot more faith and trust in what I heard from them. Now, it seems like everyone has an agenda. I tend to watch BBC news and read foreign news magazines more than American because they really don't have an agenda.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#14391 May 14, 2013
right sundog, that all sounds good but you are dreaming. the BBC is as liberal as they come and they are underfire for it. you libs just amaze me.
bacon hater

Saxonburg, PA

#14392 May 14, 2013
You tea baggers amaze me. When shit doesn't go your way, you blame it on the liberal media. It's hilarious. Here's a newsflash - shit doesn't go your way because of ignorance of action. You don't need media to tell you that.
bacon hater

Saxonburg, PA

#14393 May 14, 2013
But you didn't answer my question Sundog - a terrorist is about to detonate a nuke and an arab journalist knows who it is and, likely, where they are. Can they threaten or jail him until he gives it up? 10 million innocent people will die tommorow... the reporter is the only lead...

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14394 May 14, 2013
Right, because to you, everything that is not Fox News or World Nut Daily is liberal. Sorry, but your assessment of what is liberal and what is not is about as useless as a brain is on "Knows, The Farting Pig."
fitness-guru wrote:
right sundog, that all sounds good but you are dreaming. the BBC is as liberal as they come and they are underfire for it. you libs just amaze me.

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#14395 May 14, 2013
fitness-guru wrote:
Under fire By Who???...To Hear You Tell It....All Of Them Are Liberal....Except Fox....

What Do You Think About Fox News???...Are The Neutral???...
bacon hater

Saxonburg, PA

#14396 May 14, 2013
Here's my favorite hypothetical question to ask a dumb tea bagger: you're an ER supervising physician. A 10-year-old child walks in and has an infection that will require at least a weeklong hospital stay to treat. The child is obviously mexican and tells you his parents were caught at the border the day prior trying to jump. Do you treat him?

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14397 May 14, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
You tea baggers amaze me. When shit doesn't go your way, you blame it on the liberal media. It's hilarious. Here's a newsflash - shit doesn't go your way because of ignorance of action. You don't need media to tell you that.
If you think about how these idiots get their news--30 second sound bytes completely devoid of analysis, it's no wonder they're so friggin' uninformed.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14398 May 14, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
But you didn't answer my question Sundog - a terrorist is about to detonate a nuke and an arab journalist knows who it is and, likely, where they are. Can they threaten or jail him until he gives it up? 10 million innocent people will die tommorow... the reporter is the only lead...
That is probably a very good example of the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Situational ethics and all that....

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14399 May 14, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Here's my favorite hypothetical question to ask a dumb tea bagger: you're an ER supervising physician. A 10-year-old child walks in and has an infection that will require at least a weeklong hospital stay to treat. The child is obviously mexican and tells you his parents were caught at the border the day prior trying to jump. Do you treat him?
LOL.

Treat him?

Hell no, they deport him. Similar story when I lived in Utah back in 2006-2007. A Mexican woman was admitted to a hospital in Salt Lake City. She had cancer and it required immediate treatment. It made the local papers. The local Mormons--fine upstanding citizens/pseudo Christians, demanded that she be deported. WTF??? Where's that sense of Christianity, does it stop at the border? Apparently so. I really detest Christians for their hypocrisy. My religious friends get pissed off when I tell them that modern religion has almost nothing to do with God because modern Christians tend to remake God in their own image. God hates poor people, Gays, women, Muslims, Buddhists, blacks, etc. As a matter of fact, apparently, God only likes rich white men.

Who knew?

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14400 May 14, 2013
Well, rich white men and those who serve him.
bacon hater

Saxonburg, PA

#14401 May 14, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is probably a very good example of the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Situational ethics and all that....
I don't think that applies here. If the government needs to jail a journalist to keep people safe, the people will never be safe from anything. The answer is no. Every time. In every situation.
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#14403 May 14, 2013
fox news is biased too. the big differnce between fox and the lib channels is queality news. libs hire people like the reverand al sharpton, to feed the masses. fox has quality folks on both sides of the isle. not screaming college chicks like racheal maddow.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#14404 May 14, 2013
dont you dare throw the race card because i said al sharpton. i know how obsamaites operate.
Crowley

Fairmont, WV

#14405 May 14, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think about how these idiots get their news--30 second sound bytes completely devoid of analysis, it's no wonder they're so friggin' uninformed.
Yeah Stuck Fick, if we would just all listen to you, what a wonderful world it would be! MORON.
bacon hater

Saxonburg, PA

#14406 May 14, 2013
Quality folk like Mike Huckabee and Glenn Beck. Ha ha ha.

And Sundog, that's a great question to ask a dumb tea bagger because the answer to any human being is one word - YES. But when you pose it to a tea bagger, they'll do one of two things - either say no, or they'll say yes and then add instructions like what to do after he's stabilized, etc. If you're a physician, you treat the sick. PERIOD.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14407 May 14, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that applies here. If the government needs to jail a journalist to keep people safe, the people will never be safe from anything. The answer is no. Every time. In every situation.
I think there might be exceptions. In principle, I agree, but to me, there would be exceptions. I couldn't risk millions of people dying.

“Mayor Of Topix-Land”

Level 9

Las Vegas, NV

#14408 May 14, 2013
Nah, you don't have to listen to me at all. If a few hundred thousand of you would just off yourselves every time a democrat got elected, that would be more than good enough. I mean, in all honesty, most of you have no redeeming qualities anyway so why try to educate you?
Crowley wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Stuck Fick, if we would just all listen to you, what a wonderful world it would be! MORON.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Huntington, WV 10 min Cat in the hat 208
Does Speedway drug test? 24 min Thin Mint 11
good divorce lawyer 28 min Perry Mason 4
Who is the black guy that works at Big Sandy Su... 46 min Wondering 3
Holgorsen Sabin 1 hr WV Fan 1
rick Johnson (Feb '14) 1 hr rickj781 43
Vape store in Huntington/Tri-state area (Jan '14) 3 hr ExPLiCiT488 28
•••
•••
•••