Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58152 Jul 29, 2014
hey libbys .... shut off your internet service, and put some rabbit ears on top of your television. = 100 bucks a month. see libs use a little common sense. you can make it on 7.25. p.s. shop at goodwill so you can save another 100 bucks a month.... i can help you make it. i will budget your money for you.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58153 Jul 29, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. George posted it.
2. No one is dumb enough to claim that any coal mining by-products are safe for anything.
oh sorry bacon.

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#58154 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
if you accept a 7.25 an hour job then it is what it is.. you liberals think just because you were born then the world OWES you a living.
The world is going on with little regard for your opinions, Goo.
I heard on the radio that the city council has overridden the mayor's veto, and this is going to happen, and it will spread

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jul/14/san-dieg...
The San Diego City Council voted Monday to raise the city's minimum wage as an ordinance, meaning it won't go to a public vote.

The council voted 6-3 to pass the ordinance, which will raise the minimum wage to $11.50 an hour by 2017. Council members Mark Kersey, Scott Sherman and Lorie Zapf, who are Republicans, voted against the measure. The six council members who approved the measure are all Democrats.

City Council President Todd Gloria, who drafted the proposal, said the council's vote made history in San Diego.

"We are raising up San Diego in a meaningful, responsible way that benefits our lowest-paid neighbors, our economy and our city as a whole," Gloria said. "San Diego is standing up and demonstrating that we value hard work and fair pay."
Minimum Wage Laws

At least 10 other U.S. municipalities have enacted minimum wage laws, according to a report by UC Berkeley researchers. They are:

1) Albuquerque, New Mexico

2) Bernalillo County, New Mexico

3) Montgomery County, Maryland

4) Prince George's County, Maryland

5) San Francisco

6) San Jose

7) Santa Fe, New Mexico

8) Santa Fe County, New Mexico

9) Washington, D.C.

10) Richmond
Twitter

Under the ordinance, the minimum wage in San Diego will rise to $9.75 an hour at the end of this year, then grow to $10.50 an hour on Jan. 1, 2016, and then $11.50 an hour on Jan. 1, 2017. The proposal includes no exemptions for any industry or business, according to Gloria's office.

The City Council will now develop an enforcement ordinance "to ensure the adopted workforce strengthening measure is met," according to a statement from Gloria sent after the council's vote.

The current minimum wage in San Diego is $9 an hour after a state-mandated increase this month. The state wage will rise to $10 an hour on Jan. 1, 2016.
<more at link>

YIM

“This represents freedom”

Since: Jul 14

But it is not free. Get it?

#58155 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
hey libbys .... shut off your internet service, and put some rabbit ears on top of your television.= 100 bucks a month. see libs use a little common sense. you can make it on 7.25. p.s. shop at goodwill so you can save another 100 bucks a month.... i can help you make it. i will budget your money for you.
Should they use these?

http://nypost.com/2014/07/26/government-poor-...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58156 Jul 29, 2014
i will direct it to george when he shows up. i found it interesting that the united nations has a policy like that. they have a policy against plastics in the oceans but it isnt doing any good.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#58157 Jul 29, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. George posted it.
2. No one is dumb enough to claim that any coal mining by-products are safe for anything.
Our fine Congressman McKinley thinks that coal ash should be put in concrete, drywall, and toothpaste.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#58158 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>you want me to post a few web sites on how to live on 7.25 an hour ? millions of americans are doing it. you can too. just tighten your belt a notch or two and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. you dont need cablevision, air conditioniag, and many other things that you feel your ENTITLED to. im sick of you liberals whining when i see mexicans living for less than that. agree ? or are you going to say something stupid.
Boy, someone sure has A LOT of bitterness from years of being lonely, old, and never earning anything they have.

Again, you're the only POS that feels "entitled" in that you feel entitled to pay no taxes, entitled to hate the working poor despite most of your taxes going to corporate subsidies with very little going to welfare, and entitled to feel as though you have any kind of an informed opinion to give regarding anything.

Do I need to link to the Republicans' own studies that show that on average in America, an individual must make $13.00 an hour to afford to live (and that's with no vehicle, no student loans, no internet, no air conditioning, no money spent on clothes, entertainment, or cable, etc.), or do I need to cover the hundreds of economic reasons the minimum wage should be lifted?

I mean, I know that no facts sink into your elderly and dense skull, but your grammatically poor, bullsh_t rants are getting old.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58159 Jul 29, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is going on with little regard for your opinions, Goo.
I heard on the radio that the city council has overridden the mayor's veto, and this is going to happen, and it will spread
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/jul/14/san-dieg...
The San Diego City Council voted Monday to raise the city's minimum wage as an ordinance, meaning it won't go to a public vote.
The council voted 6-3 to pass the ordinance, which will raise the minimum wage to $11.50 an hour by 2017. Council members Mark Kersey, Scott Sherman and Lorie Zapf, who are Republicans, voted against the measure. The six council members who approved the measure are all Democrats.
City Council President Todd Gloria, who drafted the proposal, said the council's vote made history in San Diego.
"We are raising up San Diego in a meaningful, responsible way that benefits our lowest-paid neighbors, our economy and our city as a whole," Gloria said. "San Diego is standing up and demonstrating that we value hard work and fair pay."
Minimum Wage Laws
At least 10 other U.S. municipalities have enacted minimum wage laws, according to a report by UC Berkeley researchers. They are:
1) Albuquerque, New Mexico
2) Bernalillo County, New Mexico
3) Montgomery County, Maryland
4) Prince George's County, Maryland
5) San Francisco
6) San Jose
7) Santa Fe, New Mexico
8) Santa Fe County, New Mexico
9) Washington, D.C.
10) Richmond
Twitter
Under the ordinance, the minimum wage in San Diego will rise to $9.75 an hour at the end of this year, then grow to $10.50 an hour on Jan. 1, 2016, and then $11.50 an hour on Jan. 1, 2017. The proposal includes no exemptions for any industry or business, according to Gloria's office.
The City Council will now develop an enforcement ordinance "to ensure the adopted workforce strengthening measure is met," according to a statement from Gloria sent after the council's vote.
The current minimum wage in San Diego is $9 an hour after a state-mandated increase this month. The state wage will rise to $10 an hour on Jan. 1, 2016.
<more at link>
job killer and now, new businesses will avoid that city. it is what it is.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58160 Jul 29, 2014
where did the city council members get the authority to do that ? the story is fishy. i see the word "enacted" does that mean its law and there actually doing it ? i see a challange on the horizon.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58161 Jul 29, 2014
C est moi wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, someone sure has A LOT of bitterness from years of being lonely, old, and never earning anything they have.
Again, you're the only POS that feels "entitled" in that you feel entitled to pay no taxes, entitled to hate the working poor despite most of your taxes going to corporate subsidies with very little going to welfare, and entitled to feel as though you have any kind of an informed opinion to give regarding anything.
Do I need to link to the Republicans' own studies that show that on average in America, an individual must make $13.00 an hour to afford to live (and that's with no vehicle, no student loans, no internet, no air conditioning, no money spent on clothes, entertainment, or cable, etc.), or do I need to cover the hundreds of economic reasons the minimum wage should be lifted?
I mean, I know that no facts sink into your elderly and dense skull, but your grammatically poor, bullsh_t rants are getting old.
must make 13 an hour ??? cant you see that republicans are up for reelection ? you dont understand politics do ya. what grade did you make it too ? you had better smarten up boy because they are gaming you. what did the democrats say ... 20 an hour ?
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58162 Jul 29, 2014
to ^
Southern Comfort

Belpre, OH

#58163 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58164 Jul 29, 2014
hey c est moi ... how much money do you make per month ?
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58166 Jul 29, 2014
hey c est moi ... can you write me a list of what your entitled to because your were born on this planet.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#58167 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
hey c est moi ... can you write me a list of what your entitled to because your were born on this planet.
The pursuit of happiness
Clean water
Clean air
Safe food supply

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#58168 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
Air, water, food and soil not laden with unsafe chemicals, wild natural places not overrun with machinery, industry, and idiots with guns on ATVs, fair laws for all with no special interests, affordable health care, a living wage, a decent education, and the usual legal rights and freedoms. That will do for starters.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#58169 Jul 29, 2014
Southern Comfort wrote:
http://www.faithofourfathers.n et/
Wow that was dumb. Pilgrims didn't establish this nation. They just began the genocide required.

Our founding fathers weren't Christians. Hence, the amazingly secular founding documents.

Get over it.

Religion is evil and is a direct threat to the survival of civilization, proven in every time and in every place. It never brings propserity, only suffering. Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine, Jefferson, GW - these guys were acutely aware of this fact.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58170 Jul 29, 2014
i was hoping he would say a 44 oz mountain dew and and a new car.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58171 Jul 29, 2014
http://news.msn.com/us/us-senate-bill-propose... holy chit ... i found a democrat whos wanting to keep his job in the senate. hes going against the chief sheep herder ! he even put make up on his face for the photogs. he got my attention. too bad hes probably lying.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#58172 Jul 29, 2014
The effect of a higher minimum wage is almost nothing, except for an improved local economy.

Studies look at what happened when cities raised minimum wage

Raising the minimum wage doesnÂ’t have a drastic, negative impact on employment, according to university researchers who have studied pay hikes in other cities.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/202311...

Goo, do you tip waitresses? Or do they all know to spit in your meal now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White people, seriously 6 min ewww 25
Mom taught you better... 8 min MarkJ- 10
Democratic National Committee fail 11 min Loui Cypher 19
They want more taxes for recycling 12 min MarkJ- 15
Bryan Smith/Brian Smith 31 min Wants to know 3
wuts the word on white mike? (Nov '10) 41 min Kayla 46
Old Main Emporium 51 min Whatever 3

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance