fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56688 Jul 17, 2014
the only way i can see is to squeeze the recipients entitlements... no more obama phone minutes starting tomorrow. more and more squeezing until you start looking for a job.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#56689 Jul 17, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>who's we ? its obama and the libbys baby not ours....were going to repeal it if we get the right person in office. welfare recipients can go back to the emergency rooms because they dont have any "skin" in the game. so they need to shut the cluck up.
I once dated a girl (now sadly a prostitute) whose father always stated that tired "Everyone in America has healthcare cause anyone can go to the emergency room" bull. Of course the nutjob was also always ranting and raving about Y2K, the sign of the beast, and gun grabbers.

Anyway, here's what such mental defects do not take into account when they repeat that emergency room bull.

1. America has the longest emergency room wait times of any other industrialized nation due in great part to our lack of a one-payer system. This is because emergency rooms are THE place for individuals without health insurance to go when they should have been able to go to a clinic before their illness became severe. This not only harms everyone by increasing wait times, it also costs hospitals a great deal of money which isn't good when most already work at a 8% loss.

2. Stating that "everyone can go to an emergency room" does nothing to address the more than two million individuals that go bankrupt each year due solely to medical bills (and most of these individual have insurance -- you get health insurance through your job -- you get sick sick and lose your job -- you lose your insurance). Pretty stupid system.

3. Repealing the ACA will do nothing to address the fact that our profit-based health insurance "system" is what most economists blame for 20 years of stagnant American wages. You might pay a $50.00 per month premium, but your business is paying anywhere from $200.00 -$600.00 per month for the rest of your coverage. That money that could be going towards wages and improving the economy.

4. The ACA has reduced the number of uninsured to 14 million, which is down from a high of 45 million.

The ACA will eventually have to be phased out for a one-payer system -- it HAS to happen. Businesses cannot afford the high cost of healthcare and neither can working individuals. Regardless, it's pretty insane to say that it should be repealed when you have no alternatives to offer.

Location hidden

#56690 Jul 17, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
entitlements are unsustainable.
You have it backwards: a society without strong entitlements (such as a one-payer system) is unsustainable.

“Imagine Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#56691 Jul 17, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
the only way i can see is to squeeze the recipients entitlements... no more obama phone minutes starting tomorrow. more and more squeezing until you start looking for a job.
Goo, you need to stretch, take some deep breaths, and count backwards from 20, if you have all your fingers and toes, and then read this Daily Kos diary and its comments. It's the stories of real employed Americans whose backs are to the wall economically. You can tell us what you think about it some other time.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/16/1314...
Everybody I know is on Food Stamps.

Location hidden

#56692 Jul 17, 2014
Fitness...

There is no "Obama phone" program. There is a program for low-income individuals; however, that program is run by a private company and has absolutely nothing to do with Obama or the government (although it did get it's start during the Reagan Administration).

You only believe that because Limbaugh ran that video of an ignorant woman yelling that "Obama gave her a phone" when it did not come from Obama or the government.

Again, there is no Obama free phone program.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#56693 Jul 17, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
im not kidding you guys... when you roll into the area i will drink beer with ya. red, green, black, libby, indian, or conservative.
We're all men, who like p_ssy, and beer. We have sincere and distinct differences. But if the day ever comes that we all can't have an ice cold beer TOGETHER some afternoon, I don't want to be an American.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56694 Jul 17, 2014
the government is broke. one payer system wont work..gov. has no money. government should stay out of my healthcare business.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#56695 Jul 17, 2014
...Even if I have to knock George on his ass before we crack the tops on the bottles, I'd still have a beer with any one of you tax-paying Americans. And a fat bowl too, for any who partake (I know it's more than just me).

Location hidden

#56696 Jul 17, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
the government is broke. one payer system wont work..gov. has no money. government should stay out of my healthcare business.
One-payer systems are much cheaper, cover more people, and lead to better health outcomes. They also do not burden business with ever-increasing, employer-based premiums that keep wages stagnant due to cost.

There is a reason no other industrialized nation has full for-profit insurance (at least without cost controls like Japan).

Are you pro-business Fitness. Regardless, it's fine to have an opinion, but it needs to come with alternative options.
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56698 Jul 17, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Goo, you need to stretch, take some deep breaths, and count backwards from 20, if you have all your fingers and toes, and then read this Daily Kos diary and its comments. It's the stories of real employed Americans whose backs are to the wall economically. You can tell us what you think about it some other time.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/16/1314...
Everybody I know is on Food Stamps.
opinion noted from "puck" goodfellow. i dont agree with him.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#56699 Jul 17, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
You do realize that we spend $400 billion per year on weaponry designed to defeat the USSR in a nuclear exchange, right?

And... uh... the USSR hasn't hasn't been a country for over two decades.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#56700 Jul 17, 2014
C est moi wrote:
<quoted text>
One-payer systems are much cheaper, cover more people, and lead to better health outcomes.
You're just saying that because every single world country in the world proves it.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56701 Jul 17, 2014
C est moi wrote:
<quoted text>
One-payer systems are much cheaper, cover more people, and lead to better health outcomes. They also do not burden business with ever-increasing, employer-based premiums that keep wages stagnant due to cost.
There is a reason no other industrialized nation has full for-profit insurance (at least without cost controls like Japan).
Are you pro-business Fitness. Regardless, it's fine to have an opinion, but it needs to come with alternative options.
alternative is repeal "we must pass it to find whats in it". http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2...
1 post removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#56703 Jul 17, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>A chick with a dick. A tranny or "her" company, you decide. One is certain, both are likely.
She was an employee. And yes, a college-aged cutie (with an MBA/emphasis in Marketing). And no, we drove a 2013 Honda Accord. I told you, I could never drive a truck.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#56704 Jul 17, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just saying that because every single world country in the world proves it.
*every single country in the world. Sorry. The George is rubbing off.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56705 Jul 17, 2014
democrats in the election year are running away form obamacare...why whould liberals do this ... its their crowning achievement ! they know something you dont and of they arnt touching it with a 10 foot pole either should you libbys.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56706 Jul 17, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
they have money ... we are broke.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56707 Jul 17, 2014
folks... spin it how you like but we are broke. we cannot afford it. sorry libs. good luck getting it from china.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#56708 Jul 17, 2014
i want you libs to get that SPEND MENTALITY out of your brains ... kapeesh ?

Location hidden

#56709 Jul 17, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>they have money ... we are broke.
They have money because they have much cheaper one-payer systems. If you are paying more for something that has worse results, the smart thing to do is to implement what works and saves money.

Canadian household wealth is now averaging $40,000 more per household than America. This is in part due to the savings they see as a result of their one-payer system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another News Hottie Jumps Ship At WSAZ (Aug '13) 8 min what happened 41
Pranks to play on annoying neighbors (Dec '13) 11 min PrankMaster1000 116
Christiany, Racism, sexism, and classism 13 min Not available 29
I was at champs where was you at tough guy 24 min -zapphod- 1
Frat house idiots 25 min Not available 34
My neighbor moved 55 min You gotta be pret... 4
Test (Dec '10) 1 hr testing testing 1... 7
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE